View Full Version : Dip N Dots Ice Cream

wildrice
09-13-2004, 05:49 PM
N e body know where i can get this in calgary
i had it at the stampede and damn was it good, but now i can't find it
ne body know?

1badPT
09-13-2004, 05:58 PM
Dunno where you can get it but whats so special about it?

izzoblitzo
09-13-2004, 06:03 PM
that ice cream is AWESOME. freakin cool!

it's the coldest ice cream in the world. frozen into lil dot things.

www.dippindots.com

They sell it at Calaway Park.. I dont think they'll sell them in grocery stores.. seeing as they only franchise to lil kiosks in the states.

it's chewable ice cream!! really good.:thumbsup:

my girlfriend and I went back for seconds while we were at Calaway. hahaha... I'd drive there just to buy some.. but it's too bad it costs like $21bucks just to get into the park!

1badPT
09-13-2004, 06:13 PM
so its like a cup full of really cold ice cream balls?

habsfan
09-13-2004, 06:42 PM
basically, dont know what it costs out there but its crazy expensive here

blinkme_210
09-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Yeh, it's ice cream that's frozen with liquid nitrogen or something. It's frozen at such an extreme low temperature, it forms into little dots the size of like tic tacs. It also sticks to the roof of your mouth, much like the tongue on a metal pole in winter.

kiwi
09-13-2004, 07:11 PM
Dippin Dots are the best! They are sooo cool! Right now, in Calgary, you can only get them at the Stampede & Calaway Park I think... but they've been out for a few years already... the first time I had them was in Hong Kong! They sold them in ice cream shops :drool: :thumbsup:

wildrice
09-13-2004, 07:12 PM
damn, that sucks
gotta go all the way to calaway n pay 20 so bucks to get in
:(

kiwi
09-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by wildrice
damn, that sucks
gotta go all the way to calaway n pay 20 so bucks to get in
:(

but if you have a 50% Off coupon, then you get in for half price! ha ha ha, kidding =P

Rockski
09-13-2004, 07:23 PM
any body know where up here in eddy? ive checked west ed with no luck

cujo_cjc
09-13-2004, 07:29 PM
yea...i want them so bad
stampede is the only time we get them :nut:

1badPT
09-13-2004, 08:23 PM
sticks to the roof of your mouth?? lol doesn't it give you a headache? I wanna try it just to see what its like :thumbsup:

kiwi
09-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
sticks to the roof of your mouth?? lol doesn't it give you a headache? I wanna try it just to see what its like :thumbsup:

Nope! It doesn't give you brain freeze or anything at all! Once it goes in your mouth, it doesn't really feel that cold... it's really neat! & it's kinda chewy in a way... very hard to explain... but soooo good!!! :drool:

bigboom
09-13-2004, 09:14 PM
mcdonalds is testing them in the states right now...if all goes well they will bring it to canada. or thats what the manager of the glenmore landing mcdonalds told me.

kenny
09-14-2004, 12:53 AM
if you compress all the little "BBs" of ice cream into a normal scoop of ice cream, you guys would realize how much money you're spending on ice cream. Its ridiculous! Its pretty good, I had some when I was at Six Flags but its not *THAT* good.

Ben
09-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Same shitty craze as Krispy Kreme I guess.

babiedoll
09-15-2004, 02:42 PM
no.....dippin dots are soooooo good!!! I remember hearing something about McDonald's carrying them...I think it might have been a limited time offer or something...hm, I never really noticed that you can't find them anywhere...have you tried eau claire?

babiedoll
09-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
mcdonalds is testing them in the states right now...if all goes well they will bring it to canada. or thats what the manager of the glenmore landing mcdonalds told me.

haha...sorry I didn't even read your thread before I posted mine!!! I remember hearing it in Lethbridge a year ago...maybe they're just not doing well enough in the states...

wildrice
09-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by babiedoll
no.....dippin dots are soooooo good!!! I remember hearing something about McDonald's carrying them...I think it might have been a limited time offer or something...hm, I never really noticed that you can't find them anywhere...have you tried eau claire?

i highly doubt they're there, but i guess it's worth a try
i know they have some like ben n jerry's there or something at eau claire

jasjas
09-16-2004, 06:58 PM
I had these at Mcdonalds when i was in Seattle & Orlando last week... Thats one hella good ice cream.. "Ice cream of the future"

Barking_Spidre
09-23-2004, 10:54 PM
When I lived in the states, they had little carts of these all around the malls, and they gave out free samples if you asked. So just walk to everyone and get free ice cream! Then turn around and do it again, hahaha.

BumpinTalon
09-25-2004, 07:19 PM
yeahh at Calaway if you bitch enough at the gate they might give you a special $15 admission price instead of $21 or whatever it is. We are all out of Dip N Dots though, there is a local supplier that supplies Stampede & Calaway like out of the back of his truck or something, maybe you can buy the leftover bags from him. But then you need to eat them within like five minutes or they'll melt really quick (they start to thaw at around -25_.

aquamarine
09-26-2004, 08:53 AM
Daaamn... that stuff is OLD! I was buying that back in '97 at Carrowinds Park in North Carolina! I must say, good shit though!

CivicEX
10-10-2004, 08:59 PM
I had dip n dots @ great america and through up. Dont eat that shit when ur gonna go to an amusment park.