PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Help

noodles
09-13-2004, 08:35 PM
my buddy is gunna sell his amp and sub to me for cheap
Orion CS 100.2 Amp
10" Ultimate Titanium Series sub

my problem is i dont know what the h-e-double hockey stick what half the stuff on the amp means, other than + and - lmao

i have it here in my hand, heres wut i would like to figure out. what does this stuff mean, and where do i connect it to:

under speaker outputs there is:

Left REM Right
+ - + -

where do i hook that shit up to for hooking it up to a sub?

Thanks All

illeagle
09-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Pm'd;)

deadsilent2
09-14-2004, 05:50 PM
there is a website called www.Crutchfield.com, they have a crutchfield advisor that has diagrams, videos and text about anything you need to know about car audio. When you get to the advisor, click the amplifiers topic. But i wouldn't suggest buying from them because they're so pricy lol.

noodles
09-14-2004, 07:24 PM
thnx dude, it did help, now all i need to do is find a way to get my deck out, and find some locations for everything...bleck it will pay off tho.

anyone with a hatchback, with a sub, in the truck with out tinted windows??? cuz i'm thinking i might get royally f---ed

deadsilent2
09-14-2004, 07:59 PM
you have to pry your dash out to get to your deck, at least, thats what i did with mine and pull the player out. (I have a hatchback and 2 subs)

noodles
09-16-2004, 04:16 PM
do you have tinted windows? or one of those top cover things that go up with the hatch? cuz i have a nice big window looking into where the sub will be....

i think i can get the deck out by prying at the holder thing (sorry, i cant think of the name at the moment)

deadsilent2
09-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by noodles
do you have tinted windows? or one of those top cover things that go up with the hatch? cuz i have a nice big window looking into where the sub will be....

i think i can get the deck out by prying at the holder thing (sorry, i cant think of the name at the moment)
i have both tinted windows and the little thing that goes us, i took it off though because it rattled like no other.

noodles
09-16-2004, 09:38 PM
would it be reccomended to tint the windows? cuz the window looks right into the trunk and i dont have the flippy thing....

noodles
09-19-2004, 12:48 AM
got the sub installed today....done by yours truly :bigpimp:

WOWWWW :drool: it sounds so good....and all you can see of my amp is a lil green light muah hahaha, wiring done very clean....i am very happy rite now....to bad its late....or i would be out rippin it up rite now hahaha

thnx all for the help