PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this rice pontiac?

Pages : [1] 2

civicluva
09-13-2004, 11:01 PM
http://www.grandamcanada.com/concept/ste/GASTE05.jpg

5 foot spoiler and silver in color. Anyone spot this car? I saw one just like this one but silver at the Rona by my place.

2002civic
09-13-2004, 11:03 PM
ya theres a few grand ams in calgary like that, posted a while back, maybe last year?

C4S
09-13-2004, 11:09 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good angle photo ! :rofl:

GT2NV
09-13-2004, 11:10 PM
ive seen the silver one with the huge spoiler, some black guy drives it, the car would be sweet if it didnt have such a rediculous wing lol:nut: :banghead:

saiyajin
09-13-2004, 11:10 PM
ahahah that spoiler looks dangerous

Ben
09-13-2004, 11:15 PM
ding ding ding

:rolleyes:

saiyajin
09-13-2004, 11:18 PM
for shame the pepsi can completely outshines the car

civicluva
09-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the pic ben :rofl:

That car seriously needs help. Yah I saw a black woman driving it I think. Horrible car anyway that spoiler ruins the whole flow.

Seanith
09-13-2004, 11:34 PM
I've seen the silver pos.. whenever i see it i think its going to take off into the air :dunno:

HURST442
09-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Holy wing :eek:

That thing doesnt even look remotely good

statick
09-14-2004, 06:54 AM
dear god:confused:

Selika
09-14-2004, 10:37 AM
OMFG.

take the wing off and it really look nice....for a domestic car.:eek:

civicrider
09-14-2004, 10:51 AM
yah ive seen that car around the SW alot

7thgenvic
09-14-2004, 10:53 AM
does anyone have a photo of the front, i think its just as bad if i can remember! :thumbsdow

bspot
09-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Probably like this:

http://gallery.domestictunerz.com/data/thumbnails/10/17GAGT4.jpg

I think he had the SC/T hood though.

jdmsource
09-14-2004, 01:32 PM
the owner of that car works construction right by my house, i see it every morning, nice car minus the spoiler

QuasarCav
09-14-2004, 01:34 PM
I've seen the grey one.

He needs the front airdam, so he doesn't get airborne from the wing.

Gonthro
09-14-2004, 01:34 PM
:drama:

if it was a skyline with that spoiler on it you guys would be jizzin in yer pants, youre all so damn brainwashed by socitey its amusing that you cant have your own opinions because you fear criticism...

i say, if he likes it, its his car, let em do what he wants, its not hurting anybody esle.

3g4me
09-14-2004, 01:50 PM
dude everybody is bashing it cauz it looks like ass, not because its on a domestic.

EnRich
09-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Point is, the guy obviously has no taste as to what works and what doesnt... Everybody is making fun of the spoiler man... Terrible, shameful almost...

izzoblitzo
09-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

if it was a skyline with that spoiler on it you guys would be jizzin in yer pants, youre all so damn brainwashed by socitey its amusing that you cant have your own opinions because you fear criticism...

i say, if he likes it, its his car, let em do what he wants, its not hurting anybody esle.

:werd:

civicluva
09-14-2004, 02:09 PM
If I saw a skyline with that spoiler I would make fun of it too. :dunno:

How much attention is this guy looking for anyways? Is he a fuckin loaner or something?

Criticism is fine imo. What the hell do we have movie critics? Are they brainwashed too? Maybe the producers like it and they don't. I don't get you at all.

Gonthro
09-14-2004, 02:19 PM
as an example of my statement

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58358

the spoilers in the first 2 pics are bigger and uglier than this one an everyone in that thread is drooling over the ugly shit.

like i said, its his car, let em do what he wants.

QuasarCav
09-14-2004, 02:23 PM

the spoilers in the first 2 pics are bigger and uglier than this one an everyone in that thread is drooling over the ugly shit.

But as you said If it waws on a R34 everyone would be drooling. One removable spoiler on a beautiful 240 does not make the car ugly. A really ugly body color 4ft high spoiler on a grand am takes it out of the "ugly" realm and drops it right in the fugly zone.

civicluva
09-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Why the fuck do skyline's always appear in these damn posts out of nowhere. This is a Grand Am Sedan here with a 5 foot wing. Fuck if he likes it. Its like saying fucking a dog is fine if the guy likes it. :dunno:

Liquidinc
09-14-2004, 03:32 PM
thats one fucking massive spoiler

dj_honda
09-14-2004, 03:34 PM

those spoilers are JGTC -inspired (maybe even the actual ones), and they suit the cars.

a 4 foot high spoiler on a grand am sedan is just nasty.

im with you though, if he likes it so be it.

403Gemini
09-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda

those spoilers are JGTC -inspired (maybe even the actual ones), and they suit the cars.

a 4 foot high spoiler on a grand am sedan is just nasty.

im with you though, if he likes it so be it.

not to mention the spoiler on the grand prix looks poorly manufactured

ive seen that grey grand prix everywhere in the SW, ugly ass car IMO (mostly due to the ricey spoiler)

PGTze
09-14-2004, 04:04 PM
I think that car has been 'spotted' more than any other car in Calgary. maybey only the green and blue MX3 has been 'spotted' more.

Go4Long
09-14-2004, 06:03 PM
I think the point of the wings on the other cars is that they are:
1. Probably functional
2. on cars that are actually fast
3. carbon fiber(which pwns)

and most importantly...

4. not on a 4 door 3.2 liter gutless v6 powered grocery getter

I mean come on...I am all for freedom of expression, but that wing is hiddeous...

civicluva
09-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long
I think the point of the wings on the other cars is that they are:
1. Probably functional
2. on cars that are actually fast
3. carbon fiber(which pwns)

and most importantly...

4. not on a 4 door 3.2 liter gutless v6 powered grocery getter

I mean come on...I am all for freedom of expression, but that wing is hiddeous...

amen

statick
09-14-2004, 06:15 PM
:werd: to wut quasarcav sed...but i guess to each his own

VetteRacin
09-14-2004, 06:46 PM
[
4. not on a 4 door 3.2 liter gutless v6 [/B]
actually it's probably a 3400, but yea I agree that is one ugly wing

eblend
09-14-2004, 07:27 PM
seen it, ugly must admit, poorly done, there are a few nice done up grand ams with that kit, None in calgary mind you. anyways, i find it funny that some people bash a family groccery getter as the ycall it but a CIVIC is a SPORTS CAR! hahaha gosh its funny

civicluva
09-14-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by eblend
seen it, ugly must admit, poorly done, there are a few nice done up grand ams with that kit, None in calgary mind you. anyways, i find it funny that some people bash a family groccery getter as the ycall it but a CIVIC is a SPORTS CAR! hahaha gosh its funny

The civic coupe is good though. Why do you think they shove in vtec :rolleyes:

JAYMEZ
09-14-2004, 08:41 PM
i saw the car the other day with some black dude driving it , i cant see i like his style at all , yuck.

civicluva
09-14-2004, 09:02 PM
Dude should get some limo tint. I would hate to be seen in that rice mobile.

crazydriver
09-14-2004, 10:33 PM
yea i've seen that thing, the wing looks nasty, in fact, if i placed it on a 240SX, it'll still look nasty.. but like said b4, its his car, his wing, i don't give a damn wut he does with it

rylake
09-15-2004, 02:35 AM
i think you guys with FWD cars need a lesson a what spoilers are for...

ex1z7
09-15-2004, 04:37 AM
rylake - FWD and RWD doesn't matter for spoilers .. if you drive to and from work in a FWD civic, or a RWD 240sx, a huge spoiler wont do shit all ... spoilers slightly help during drifting - which (and mad props to...) is hard as hell to do on a FWD vehicle - drag racing and autoX as well - all, difficult on a FWD vehicle..

Don't bash spoilers IF they are purposeful .. But yea .. on a grand am ? What in the hell..

And correct me of I'm wrong but isnt a Sonata FWD? :P

hyperwhite
09-15-2004, 06:24 AM
it' just an ugly as wing. it looks like something you'd find in the bottom of a cereal box

eblend
09-15-2004, 07:17 AM
its funny thought how so many people bitch at his spoiler (i don't like it either) and then then see how many people have those damn stupid aluminium spoilers that look like a park bench and stick them on a car and still think it actually looks cool..:barf:

at least this guys wing is painted body color haha

eblend
09-15-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by civicluva

The civic coupe is good though. Why do you think they shove in vtec :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA
not to bash your civic dude, but thats the lamest argument i have ever heard! so if a car is a coupe its the only way its a sports car...ohh okay...i guess a grand am coupe is a sports car too :dunno: and unfortunately for the wrx thought, no matter how good you make it its not a sports car eh..i mean they all come with 4 doors...:dunno:
:dunno:

and ur second hillarious point
the all mighty vtec...DUDE WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FLOWERS your vtec at the most from the factory comes with 127hp and 114 torgue.... i guess my friends fiestiva isn't a sports car after all...i mean its only pushing 115 hp haha. i don't know man, but thats pretty stupid thing to say, saying how a grand am is like 175 hp and like 170 torgue

i guess if it aint a vtec is not a sports car

statick
09-15-2004, 12:27 PM
kind of off topic, but any of u honda guys kno when i-vtec kicks in on a car equipped with it? i kno vtec comes in at like 5800RPM , is is i-vtec any different ?

civicluva
09-15-2004, 12:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA
not to bash your civic dude, but thats the lamest argument i have ever heard! so if a car is a coupe its the only way its a sports car...ohh okay...i guess a grand am coupe is a sports car too :dunno: and unfortunately for the wrx thought, no matter how good you make it its not a sports car eh..i mean they all come with 4 doors...:dunno:
:dunno:

and ur second hillarious point
the all mighty vtec...DUDE WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FLOWERS your vtec at the most from the factory comes with 127hp and 114 torgue.... i guess my friends fiestiva isn't a sports car after all...i mean its only pushing 115 hp haha. i don't know man, but thats pretty stupid thing to say, saying how a grand am is like 175 hp and like 170 torgue

i guess if it aint a vtec is not a sports car

dude i wans't serious look at the roll eyes smilie. woah calm down.

i dont have vtec :D i have the dx. pushing 194 hp with a turbo.

rylake
09-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by ex1z7
rylake - FWD and RWD doesn't matter for spoilers .. if you drive to and from work in a FWD civic, or a RWD 240sx, a huge spoiler wont do shit all ... spoilers slightly help during drifting - which (and mad props to...) is hard as hell to do on a FWD vehicle - drag racing and autoX as well - all, difficult on a FWD vehicle..

Don't bash spoilers IF they are purposeful .. But yea .. on a grand am ? What in the hell..

Yeah my car is FWD...I am not allowed to go fast anymore...I had to grow up and buy a sedan...ah well

Anyways here is some info on what spoilers actually do

http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae496.cfm

I just always seemed to me that a FWD car should probably try to increase downforce on the front tires. Anyways just a theory I guess. Either way none of these car are going fast enough to even make the spoiler do anything (ie. 140mph+)

dkny_stylez
09-15-2004, 05:32 PM
why do ppl even bother trying to do up grand am's, sunfires, cavaliers etc...It's funny when the rims are worth more than the car itself...:rofl:

GTS Jeff
09-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by dkny_stylez
why do ppl even bother trying to do up grand am's, sunfires, cavaliers etc...It's funny when the rims are worth more than the car itself...:rofl: meh ive spent like 5 times my corollas worth on mods so far.

eblend
09-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by civicluva

dude i wans't serious look at the roll eyes smilie. woah calm down.

i dont have vtec :D i have the dx. pushing 194 hp with a turbo.

all good man, i just found it funny when u said the vtec thing..i took the rolling eyes thing as if it was like...your dumb..a civic has a vtec hehe, sorry about that. turbo civic = :bigpimp:

as for the person who said why waiste money on grand am cavalier sunfire and all that....dude, you do realize that there are more old school preludes, civics and everything combined out there that have rims on them that are worth more then the car, why have to be an american car basher. and read up on some magazines, your pressious honda is falling back on quality and many cars manifacturers are catching up real fast, including gm cars which in some categories are higher build quality then a honda. and expert auto analysists predict that hyndai in the next 10 years will overtake all japanese manufacturers and will become the leading company, and we are talking about a Hyendai here (damn i can never spell that company name) who has come from the bottom of the barrel just 10 years ago to now where it is becoming a respectable car company in only 10 years time and they did this fast fast fast. I hate it when people pick on different car makes and different manifacturers, i mean most of the people on this board are into modding cars, modding their grandparents minivans, modding their dads lexuses, u name it, people do it for the love of customizing the car for themselves, and when it gets into a brand debate it just makes me dissapointed and sick. Don't bash the cars of different makes and models, there is no need for it. enjoy your honda, let the person next to you enjoy their ford, gm, hyendai, ferrari, scooter u name it

Seanith
09-15-2004, 10:27 PM

waiste
pressious
manifacturers
analysists
hyndai
Hyendai
manifacturers
dissapointed
hyendai

'nuff said :rofl:

izzoblitzo
09-15-2004, 10:40 PM
who cares. the dude spent his own money on his car. It's not like he did anything bad to you guys. Just let him do it.

I drive a cavalier, I spent some money modifying it. body kit, rims, paint, exhaust blah blah. I slapped a huge wing on it once, I drove around town looking like a pilot. I made a mistake then, paid to get it off. Paid to get it off.

I say let him learn. I cant bash a guy who isnt even on here to defend himself. These are just our own opinions anyway. We dont have to live it everyday, nor spend the kind of money he's spent to get what he got.

Life goes on.

:nut:

Chester
09-16-2004, 09:45 AM

Those spoilers are probably functional though, considering silvias are rear wheel drive

Gonthro
09-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Chester

Those spoilers are probably functional though, considering silvias are rear wheel drive

those aren't spoilers, they are wings...if they were functional dont you think funnycars would have big ass wings like that??? but they dont, they have small spoilers which obviously do a much better job and are much more functional than a wing...

but whatever, you guys have your opinions, i have mine, and the guy that owns that car obviously has his own... im not saying i like it, but i would not like it on any car... imo the only car that looks half decent with a spoiler higher than 2 inches is an oldskool roadrunner....

but whatever, im not gonna argue because obviously those wings MUST be functional.... and BTW i dont care what or who "Inspired" them, it doesn't mean they dont look like ass... i'd prefer a spoiler that matches the colour of the car any day over a "functional aluminum wing"

Chester
09-16-2004, 09:55 AM
meh whatever, I don't really care. Funny cars are in a whole different class anyway. If those "wings" weren't functional I don't think they would put them on circuit cars and drift cars. F1 cars have big ass wings do they not? I'm pretty sure they serve a purpose and aren't just there for looks.:dunno:

QuasarCav
09-16-2004, 10:24 AM
why do ppl even bother trying to do up grand am's, sunfires, cavaliers etc...It's funny when the rims are worth more than the car itself...:rofl:

I know, I hate that when it happens.

Kind of feels comforting when I see a 1986 Bondo-lude with 2600 wheels.

Too bad there is at least a 3 to 1 ratio of modded imports to domestics.

zer0
09-16-2004, 10:42 AM
haha that looks HORRIBLE

civicluva
09-16-2004, 11:36 AM
eventually he'll grow out of it but unfortunaly the guy looks like hes maybe in this 30s which is very sad.

bspot
09-16-2004, 12:56 PM

all good man, i just found it funny when u said the vtec thing..i took the rolling eyes thing as if it was like...your dumb..a civic has a vtec hehe, sorry about that. turbo civic = :bigpimp:

as for the person who said why waiste money on grand am cavalier sunfire and all that....dude, you do realize that there are more old school preludes, civics and everything combined out there that have rims on them that are worth more then the car, why have to be an american car basher. and read up on some magazines, your pressious honda is falling back on quality and many cars manifacturers are catching up real fast, including gm cars which in some categories are higher build quality then a honda. and expert auto analysists predict that hyndai in the next 10 years will overtake all japanese manufacturers and will become the leading company, and we are talking about a Hyendai here (damn i can never spell that company name) who has come from the bottom of the barrel just 10 years ago to now where it is becoming a respectable car company in only 10 years time and they did this fast fast fast. I hate it when people pick on different car makes and different manifacturers, i mean most of the people on this board are into modding cars, modding their grandparents minivans, modding their dads lexuses, u name it, people do it for the love of customizing the car for themselves, and when it gets into a brand debate it just makes me dissapointed and sick. Don't bash the cars of different makes and models, there is no need for it. enjoy your honda, let the person next to you enjoy their ford, gm, hyendai, ferrari, scooter u name it

Well said. It just seems like people bash domestics to be cool. When I went car shopping I needed something that was around 20G's, I could afford insurance on, and I could fit in (I'm 6'8). I really wanted to avoid getting a civic or a j-body just because I see so many of them around and wanted to be unique. I don't mind civics, so I'm not knocking them, infact I went to look at them but there was no way in hell I would fit. I checked out Nissan, GM, hell I looked at a new tibby. The only thing that worked for me was an n-body. I was nervous about getting an american car, but after I did a little research and realized that the ECOTEC engine that had just come out was used in Opels/Vauxhalls/Saabs, and had gotten really good reviews and was likely to have good aftermarked support. So I picked myself up an Oldsmobile Alero. I hated Olds until they came out with their 'new' lineup, and I thought the Alero actually had decent lines despite its hideous tail lights. I fit in it, it was good on gas, and insurance was cheap. The car is actually rated higher for build quality than the new Accords by some sources, but personally I would say assembly could be a little better. Engine has been great, but just some of the little things bug me. Its not my dream car, and no I don't proclaim it to be so much better than hondas, I see old women driving aleros allll the time. Just because I did a couple minor engine mods and got some wheels for my car doesn't mean I think its some awesome hot car, it just means I like mine to look different than the next guys (or old ladies) and working on cars is a hobby.

But whatever.. i still constantly get hacked on for souping up a grandma's car and get no respect. Owning a domestic gives you a thick skin I guess.

QuasarCav
09-16-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by bspot

Well said. It just seems like people bash domestics to be cool. When I went car shopping I needed something that was around 20G's, I could afford insurance on, and I could fit in (I'm 6'8). I really wanted to avoid getting a civic or a j-body just because I see so many of them around and wanted to be unique. I don't mind civics, so I'm not knocking them, infact I went to look at them but there was no way in hell I would fit. I checked out Nissan, GM, hell I looked at a new tibby. The only thing that worked for me was an n-body. I was nervous about getting an american car, but after I did a little research and realized that the ECOTEC engine that had just come out was used in Opels/Vauxhalls/Saabs, and had gotten really good reviews and was likely to have good aftermarked support. So I picked myself up an Oldsmobile Alero. I hated Olds until they came out with their 'new' lineup, and I thought the Alero actually had decent lines despite its hideous tail lights. I fit in it, it was good on gas, and insurance was cheap. The car is actually rated higher for build quality than the new Accords by some sources, but personally I would say assembly could be a little better. Engine has been great, but just some of the little things bug me. Its not my dream car, and no I don't proclaim it to be so much better than hondas, I see old women driving aleros allll the time. Just because I did a couple minor engine mods and got some wheels for my car doesn't mean I think its some awesome hot car, it just means I like mine to look different than the next guys (or old ladies) and working on cars is a hobby.

But whatever.. i still constantly get hacked on for souping up a grandma's car and get no respect. Owning a domestic gives you a thick skin I guess.

:werd: :werd:

In the end it's making you happy right?

I would love to get a new honda/acura but the insurance is ridiculous. I pay under 140 a month for the integra but for a newer (98-01) Integra I would have to triple that amount.

bspot
09-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I don't mind my car. I mean I can't wait until I get my hands on a 350z, but that'll be a while.

Just for an example, when I was first shopping for cars I got some insurance quotes (I have a totally clean record):

Alero: 3300/yr
Tibby: 6000/yr :eek:

QuasarCav
09-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by bspot
Yeah, I don't mind my car. I mean I can't wait until I get my hands on a 350z, but that'll be a while.

Just for an example, when I was first shopping for cars I got some insurance quotes (I have a totally clean record):

Alero: 3300/yr
Tibby: 6000/yr :eek:

:eek:

Here is my shopping experience:

21 Years old, no accidents, one speeding ticket(reduced to a failure to obey road signs)

1994 Cavalier Z24, full coverage 175/month
1987 Integra, PLPD 132/month

2003 RSX-S, full coverage 4456/year
1998 GSR, full coverage 3800/year
2000 SiR, full coverage 3600/year

Thanks to all you fuckers stealing imports and crashing them, you make me happy:rolleyes:

barmanjay
09-16-2004, 02:22 PM
That spoiler,... in my opinion is just gross,... to each their own tho,... I like the rims,... and the subtle graphic on the side.

^^^ this is why beyond is getting to be less and less fun for me!

the hate towards domestics.
why?:dunno:

ZorroAMG
09-16-2004, 03:03 PM
... spoilers slightly help during drifting

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: LOL yeah, that's the main reason for a rear spoiler...drifting, [and the LACK rear downforce] :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EK 2.0
09-16-2004, 03:09 PM

So a 1980 Mazda 626 will out Auto-X an Integra Type R because the mazda is RWD??...wow...you should have told me that BEFORE I dropped cash on my Type R and Aluminum Wing...I could have spent 600 bux and out cornered most cars on the forum then...

and you drive what man??...

SkylineAdmirer
09-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin
for shame the pepsi can completely outshines the car

Great fukin joke:D ROFL

What are you smoking? yea sum ppl are stupid and go JDM !!!
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: but those skylines dont look that bad the spoilers aren't the greatest but theyre still not poking people's eyes out and disrupting air traffic like this one, the pontiac wouldn't look that bad it the spoiler was gona i mean like:barf: :barf: :barf:

Skyline_Addict
09-16-2004, 04:22 PM
last time i saw it, it was silver! same 7' spoiler though.

Texas
09-16-2004, 05:13 PM
I think the bad ass roach who drives it lives in the southwest....I heard all the white high school girls think its nice...:rolleyes:

gorillam
09-16-2004, 07:20 PM
fugly fugly fugly, someone please take the sledge to it, please!

abyss
09-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
it' just an ugly as wing. it looks like something you'd find in the bottom of a cereal box

Where the hell are you getting your cereal from??!!:eek:

Seanith
09-18-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by abyss

Where the hell are you getting your cereal from??!!:eek:

Probably T&T market off 36th st N.E :rofl:

marc
09-18-2004, 02:02 PM
man some people seem to have more money then brains! its almost as bad as those ugly ass aluminum wings!!! well i guess everyone has there own taste :nut:

HellfireR6
09-19-2004, 12:51 AM
is that stock exhaust pipes i see!!! lol well frum the rear maybe he can make it look like a silvia....

HellfireR6
09-19-2004, 01:15 AM

lol well dont b bashin old school preludes... i got the nicest one in town with a big wing...haha! well ur incorrect by sayin hyundai well be the leading car maker over Honda, Toyota etc... dont they use other company parts??? like engines from mitsubishi?? shocks from mitsubishi????? if u want PROOF go to a junk yard look for any Hyundai Sonata and tell me it aint a mitsubishi motor, air filter, tranny, shocks!!! probably the only PART THAT IS NOT MITSUBISHI is the UGLY AZZ CAR! so dont be postin things u aint SURE! and say im bashin domestics if u want, aint FORD probes usin MAZDA engines??? aint NEON's another version of CIVIC's????? or how bout this one the FORD FOCUS??? another CIVIC...... the American company is trying 2 keep up with the Japanese industry that it is willing 2 copy??? I can go on forever! well u can say Expert analyst said Hyundai is gonna lead the industry (in your dreams) but have u ever thought the analyst is probably working for HYUNDAI, NO....... well ur car is ur car, and my car is my car lets keep it at that!:guns:

eblend
09-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by HellfireR6

lol well dont b bashin old school preludes... i got the nicest one in town with a big wing...haha! well ur incorrect by sayin hyundai well be the leading car maker over Honda, Toyota etc... dont they use other company parts??? like engines from mitsubishi?? shocks from mitsubishi????? if u want PROOF go to a junk yard look for any Hyundai Sonata and tell me it aint a mitsubishi motor, air filter, tranny, shocks!!! probably the only PART THAT IS NOT MITSUBISHI is the UGLY AZZ CAR! so dont be postin things u aint SURE! and say im bashin domestics if u want, aint FORD probes usin MAZDA engines??? aint NEON's another version of CIVIC's????? or how bout this one the FORD FOCUS??? another CIVIC...... the American company is trying 2 keep up with the Japanese industry that it is willing 2 copy??? I can go on forever! well u can say Expert analyst said Hyundai is gonna lead the industry (in your dreams) but have u ever thought the analyst is probably working for HYUNDAI, NO....... well ur car is ur car, and my car is my car lets keep it at that!:guns:

hum..actually those ppl work for motortrend, thats what they say. Have you ever heard of a join venture? every car company does it, take for example the Toyota Cavalier down in japan, same cavalier as in canada but marketed under the toyota name, i bet if you had a choice beteween the 2 you would chooose the toyota, well because ofcourse its an IMPORT right..and its better quality....WAKE UP ITS THE SAME CAR! how about a toyota matrix vs a pontiac vibe....same shit. mitsu in a that hyundai = joint venture. Most dodges until recently (for cars that is) used a mitsu engine because they have a big share in mitrsu ntil dodge pulled out this year.

http://members.shaw.ca/toyota_cavalier/images/RD491.2.jpg

i don't follow honda but i am more then sure they have been in joint ventures

as for copying cars...no car is a copy..its called competition, everyone knows japan is land of innovation, and if you want to compete you need to come up with products in every category to compete. So basicly and honda suv and such is just a copy of american car or take a lexus suvs, accura suvs, also toyota trucks and all that...ALL COPIES accourding to you of the american market...which i am sure as hell they don't drive down in japan

ZorroAMG
09-19-2004, 01:11 PM
LOL @ Hellfire:rofl: :rofl: :english:

HellfireR6
09-19-2004, 09:59 PM
LOL joint ventures maybe Dodge and Mitsu if u call it that, but would call it more of a,who holds more shares controls the other company's future... and it wasnt a joint venture, mitsubishi was in debt and sold shares to dodge and dodge pulled out when times where hard that would not make it a joint venture between the 2 companys??? haha well study harder college boy... its called a patent! each engine has a patent, like the inline 4 etc.. which if a new company wants to compete in the market today they would have to make their own engine, create their own frame which would be to costly to build from scratch, thats WHY hyundai/ same as Kia ( the korean company ) wants to save money so they purchase certain parts from the patent holders to complete their cars! and its not the same car, its like calling a neon the same as a civic... it NOT the same... it might have parts that are the similar, Maybe because u are 2 poor 2 notice or u JUST keep on telling urself its the same!! as for the part GM making better ( u should learn how to spell ) parts or higher quality parts than honda... thats a bunch of bullshit, i worked at Shaw GMC... we have so much warrantie jobs comming back for bumpers rusting from inside out of the 2002 and newer trucks, its UNbelievable... so dont tell me that gm makes better parts unless u seen it first hand! go buy a 40,000 truck today and tomorrow you'll only be able to sell it for 25,000.... Dodge reason to pull out with mitsubishi is because Mitsubishi is going bankrupted! for their cover - ups of faulty engines like the ones seen in the eagle talons, their warrantie policies and customer support... thats why no other company wants to support aka loan them money to get them out of debt.... and as for ZorroAMG" what gotta hide behind ur comp, and other people's post!" go buy a fukkin headwrap, and a speedo for ur E class..:barf: :drama:

barmanjay
09-19-2004, 10:35 PM
both you newbies relax K?

eblend
09-20-2004, 12:01 AM
posting here is pointless...expecially talking to hellfire who thinks that he is the center information center..more like a data collection...which is useless if not properly organized.

hate people who think they are always right, whever bunny, go drive ur motorcycle

as for working at shaw gmc...now take ur ass to a honda dealer adn work there, since that seams to be your carree choice and then tell me if a honda service department ever has any problems with their cars. i thought so

end of this...no point with dealing with e-thugs

ohh by the way...i noticed how nicely you responded about COPYING consepts...i guess i got you beat there didn't i and all those magazine editors are also stupid because they work for a magazine and you work for dealerships...and you telling me to go back to college

Texas
09-20-2004, 03:10 AM
Does anyone here know how to fucking spell? What about grammar? Is this the fucking "I can't fucking spell properly" board? Fuck.:english:

eblend
09-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Texas
Does anyone here know how to fucking spell? What about grammar? Is this the fucking "I can't fucking spell properly" board? Fuck.:english:

who the hell cares, this isn't your freaking english class, people just type what the hell ever they want, it might have mistakes but to tell you the truth noone gives a flying f*kc. so don't be a prick, this is internet not your english diploma:rolleyes:

barmanjay
09-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Ok i can see where this is going,... maybe someone should close or lock this thread

civicluva
09-20-2004, 12:34 PM
:whocares:

let this thread die.

HellfireR6
09-20-2004, 06:43 PM
lol e-thugs more like your the E-thug here.... dawg.... and dont have a COW man! well as for the copying concept, well magazine editors have there own opinions on cars doesnt always make them right, we are all people we all make mistakes so from your POINT OF VIEW editors are not people?? well you should study harder, and learn how to spell before you get into a debate, because it is pretty hard to understand you sometimes with all the mistakes you make trying to spell Hyundai, or is it Hyendai ( sounds like something out of a Godzilla movie ) hahaha...

and you said quote "who the hell cares, this isn't your freaking english class, people just type what the hell ever they want, it might have mistakes but to tell you the truth noone gives a flying f*kc. so don't be a prick, this is internet not your english diploma"

Well why throw a sissy fit if you say who the hell cares, then why would you care what Texas had to say??? man go home, its a rap

eblend
09-20-2004, 08:01 PM
whatever love anythang fast. you are the one trying to be black here, sad actually.

and not even once did u mention anything about the idea of suv and trucks being introduced by toyota or other japanese makers, yet you are so quick to jump to the idea that all other manufactures are into the whole fast and furious bs.

and i bet you spell checked all your replies now since ofcourse you don't want to sound stupid and make a mistake. and does it really bother you that much that i don't really know how to spell hyundai..i don't drive one, don't talk about them often and its not exactly an easy spelling word like ur Hon Dah

besides if it bothers you so much how someone spells on the message board then u got bigger issues to deal with...right dawg? hahaha

HellfireR6
09-20-2004, 08:37 PM
anything fast doesnt mean your trying to be black, nice line to sway from the subject and thank you for checking my profile, but i dont swing that way.... well with the spell check thing, maybe you should learn to type without looking at your keyboard and keep your fingers on the right letters then you wouldnt make a mistake... and about your truck issue, my point on that subject is to prove your mentality on HOW GM is so great etc etc... that those company's will ( in ten years anyways ) never be ahead of Honda, Nissan etc.. because they are manufacturing cars that are gas consuming, thinking the bigger the car, truck, suv the better while the japanese industry atleast tries to put the consumers in mind and actually thinks about fuel mileage!! this year alone GM stocks has went down 58% because of consumers switching to smaller cars, rising insurance rates on the trucks and to save on rising gas prices... my point was that your theories on how Hyundai, GM etc are going o surpass the japanese industry is OFF! Japans Automotive Industry is actually 2 years ahead of the American Market in which have you ever notice we always get the cars a few years after its already junk in Japan... you never consider that when you are making up your theories...

Well dont hate because i ride a bike and you dont! maybe one day after you dont need your trainning wheels, ill give you a lesson...

eblend
09-20-2004, 10:25 PM
anything fast doesnt mean your trying to be black, nice line to sway from the subject and thank you for checking my profile, but i dont swing that way.... well with the spell check thing, maybe you should learn to type without looking at your keyboard and keep your fingers on the right letters then you wouldnt make a mistake... and about your truck issue, my point on that subject is to prove your mentality on HOW GM is so great etc etc... that those company's will ( in ten years anyways ) never be ahead of Honda, Nissan etc.. because they are manufacturing cars that are gas consuming, thinking the bigger the car, truck, suv the better while the japanese industry atleast tries to put the consumers in mind and actually thinks about fuel mileage!! this year alone GM stocks has went down 58% because of consumers switching to smaller cars, rising insurance rates on the trucks and to save on rising gas prices... my point was that your theories on how Hyundai, GM etc are going o surpass the japanese industry is OFF! Japans Automotive Industry is actually 2 years ahead of the American Market in which have you ever notice we always get the cars a few years after its already junk in Japan... you never consider that when you are making up your theories...

Well dont hate because i ride a bike and you dont! maybe one day after you dont need your trainning wheels, ill give you a lesson...

i never said gm was great. i simply compared how some companies are getting ahead of honda and thats all i said, didn't say that gm is awsome blah blah, its not true, only awsome cars out there in my opinion are those most of us don't drive, such as bmw merc and all that stuff

enough figthing alrigth, i was just trying to state an opinion because the only thing that everyone was saying is how its not worth tripping out cars that are not honda and such, thats complete bs and people should do whatever they please.

if that was the case why buy new wheels for your ferrari enzo...why try to make ur m3 unique......i mean they are not a honda product...so my point it, just let people do what the hell they want to whatever they want, some stuff they do is discusting (like this wing) other things are nice, everyone gonna have a different oppinion, but saying that domestics suck and imports are the only good stuff around is stupid because it straight up disses a whole big market and there are many cars and car owners who own these cars and get offended

gorillam
09-21-2004, 10:19 AM
OMFG THAT GUY SUCKS

izzoblitzo
09-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Any thread that's searchable with the word 'rice' almost always ends up with domestic/import bashing, and sometimes, racially motivated. It's sad that we live in a world where we bash each other for the right of our own beliefs (in this case, automotive styling/purchase/preference). I mean, who are you trying to convince? c'mon, you dont have to like it, you dont have to live with it. Just move on with your lives!

gorillam
09-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Good point, now someone close the thread.

Originally posted by izzoblitzo
Any thread that's searchable with the word 'rice' almost always ends up with domestic/import bashing, and sometimes, racially motivated. It's sad that we live in a world where we bash each other for the right of our own beliefs (in this case, automotive styling/purchase/preference). I mean, who are you trying to convince? c'mon, you dont have to like it, you dont have to live with it. Just move on with your lives!

rylake
09-22-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by gorillam
Good point, now someone close the thread.

why??? are they gonna type eachother to death???

ex1z7
09-22-2004, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

So a 1980 Mazda 626 will out Auto-X an Integra Type R because the mazda is RWD??...wow...you should have told me that BEFORE I dropped cash on my Type R and Aluminum Wing...I could have spent 600 bux and out cornered most cars on the forum then...

and you drive what man??...

ehh.. no - Lol you misunderstood a bit.. the type R has more power then a 1980's 626.. and is just generally a better car - but RWD cars IMO accelerate faster and handle better... the car's being pushed instead of pulled - the engine doesn't have to work as hard - again thats just my oppinion... >_>

and I drive a stanza :P I'm not claiming its fast - I think it's rated at 110 hp :zzz: and I'm not racing it >_<

ex1z7
09-22-2004, 05:32 AM
and fuck it took so long to read all this shit - I think I'm going to go drink some paint thinner and end myself. I think I'm now mentally challenged.

As far as the bickering goes - you're both morons. Just shut up.

Yes manufacturers switch engines and other parts. If Chevy wanted to use a Honda engine, they could keep the cost down by just going partners with Honda... it'd cost more to try to make a copy of the Honda engine that was different enough so they wouldn't get sued.

Besides, Kia got sued for copying Mercedes Benz I believe on design cues. Whereas they wouldn't have had any beef if they asked Mercedes if they could use the design and give them a percentage of proffit on the car it was used on.

Please, just shut up.. You make the baby jesus cry.

eblend
09-22-2004, 10:07 PM

As far as the bickering goes - you're both morons. Just shut up.

and ur not a moron why? Lets all just shut this shit up and go do better things...althought some of people on here obviously don't have better things to do

HellfireR6
09-22-2004, 11:00 PM
hahaahaha love the drama:closed:

GT2NV
09-22-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by statick
kind of off topic, but any of u honda guys kno when i-vtec kicks in on a car equipped with it? i kno vtec comes in at like 5800RPM , is is i-vtec any different ?
doesnt vtec kik in at 5k? my brothers does and another friends prelude:dunno:

statick
09-23-2004, 06:16 AM
shows how much i kno bout honda motors, haha...
but any1 kno wen i-vtec kicks in?

aquamarine
09-23-2004, 06:53 AM
If I may add my comment of "whats ugly, whats not"...

Out here in Tokyo, I've talked to a few legit racers (if you could call them 'legit' by fuckin' about on the street). I asked them what they thought of American car clubs (not like Beyond.ca, but the 'clubs' that only feature a certain car and insult anything that looks remotely different) and it's unanimous, the american and canadian 'import drivers' are baka in their eyes.

Out here, if you like a car, you do what you want. Even new guys who add altezza style tail-lights and big-ass wings are accepted with open arms. Folks out here don't put down other cars and I Found out why.... as soon as someone out here shows enthusiasm towards their car, they are welcomed. It's that simple.

None of this "HAHAHAHAHAA YOU BOUGHT FUCKING UGLY RIMS!!!!!! YOU'RE TEH GHEY!" type of bullshit. People do what they want and y'know what, they are the same guys that most of you look up to. "Boy, I wish I was in Japan, they have cool cars and shit"

Go figure hey? So many hypocrites.

Cheers to all who say 'do your own thing', fuck what other people think.

ZorroAMG
09-23-2004, 06:55 AM
and as for ZorroAMG&quot; what gotta hide behind ur comp, and other people's post!&quot; go buy a fukkin headwrap, and a speedo for ur E class..:barf: :drama:

:rofl: :rofl: What the FUCK does that even MEAN???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love it when people with the IQ of a gnat try to type something witty like they are smart, it just shows how stupid they really are.

Seanith
09-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by black94gt

doesnt vtec kik in at 5k? my brothers does and another friends prelude:dunno: .

It depends on the car.. my car VTEC switches over at 5500 i think. I don't know when i-VTEC kicks in though, again it would depend on the car. SiRs would kick in well before an RSX-S i think

Iceman_19
09-28-2004, 10:31 PM
wow, how queer.