PDA

View Full Version : New site launched

blackspear
09-14-2004, 04:54 AM
Hi guys just wanted to say that I have launched a new site on Exotic Cars. I have tried to include all the highest performing street legal cars in the world.

Check it out and tell me what you think thanks

www.geocities.com/docta_drift

BTW the two top cars on the site the Koenigsegg CCR and Buggati Veryon have almost identical performance stats, and are both the fastest road legal car in the world, which one would you go for?

pinoyhero
09-14-2004, 05:37 AM
Loks great but a gallery wth larger pics would be nice so they can be used as desktop wallpapers.

blackspear
09-14-2004, 06:39 AM
Thanks, its still in development but i might take you up on that wallpaper idea

statick
09-14-2004, 06:45 AM
koenigsegg:eek:

blackspear
09-14-2004, 06:52 AM
yeh i know check out the koenigsegg site, top gear test drove one as well there light as hell, my money is on koenigsegg :love:

blackspear
09-15-2004, 12:03 AM
Buggati veryon is more expensive as well

BigMass
09-15-2004, 07:41 AM
Bugatti and Koenigsegg are not the fastest road legal cars in the world. The McLaren still holds that record. Bugatti has long since derated the top speed of the Veryon. The thing is heavy with poor aerodynamics. They were also having trouble keeping it stable at high speeds. The top speed is now rated in the mid 220mph range. Even that is BS until the car actually goes into production and runs that. The Koenigsegg CCR is an amazing car but has not been proven by independent testing yet. While i dont doubt that the car is capable of a high top speed, it's all BS from the manufacturer until an independent 3rd party actually tests it.

Nice website :thumbsup: I love supercars as well. Good site to find info on them all in one place.

blackspear
09-16-2004, 12:07 AM
Top gear got the koenigsegg up to 270km/h but there runway is to short. It was the fastest car they had ever tested. I thought normally the manufactures show a lower top speed to avoid legal red tape?

BigMass
09-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by blackspear
Top gear got the koenigsegg up to 270km/h but there runway is to short. It was the fastest car they had ever tested. I thought normally the manufactures show a lower top speed to avoid legal red tape?

Not Supercars. I dont doubt the Koenigsegg could be the fastest car in the world. But i need more than numbers on a piece of paper to believe it. Top Gear tested the CC and the new CCR should be even faster. So it could be a nice test if they can get the car on a good stretch of road.

Also, Top Gear has never tested the McLaren on that particular airstrip where the Koenigsegg did so well. The McLaren does so well at top speed due to it's insanely low drag coefficient and relatively light downforce compared to the Enzo or other Supercars. This in turn makes it slower around a test track. The McLaren that won Lemans was slower in regards to top speed and acceleration than the production McLaren you could buy due to it's buffed up downforce. But it handled much better and kicked ass around a road course

Euro_Trash
09-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Bugatti but only cuz VW owns me

blackspear
09-16-2004, 11:08 PM
Ok guys the McLaren is no longer in production get over her she's gone!