PDA

View Full Version : Villeneuve to test drive for Renault

Dave P
09-14-2004, 03:22 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=98690

SILVERSTONE, England (AP) - Former Formula One world champion Jacques Villeneuve will test for Renault at Silverstone this week.

Renault said in a statement that the Iberville, Que., native would test at the site of the British Grand Prix on Wednesday and Thursday. He had a seat-fitting at the team's base on Tuesday.

``We have reached agreement for Jacques to test for the team,'' Renault managing director Flavio Briatore said.

``This test might lead to Jacques joining the team for the final three races of the season beginning next week at the Chinese Grand Prix.''

Renault's current drivers are Jarno Trulli and Fernando Alonso. It's third in the manufacturer's championship.

Villeneuve quit BAR-Honda with one race left in 2003 after he learned that the team planned to replace him this year with Japanese driver Takuma Sato. He was without a team this year.

This is awsome, I love JV, and i love Renault. Although its gonna be a tough choice to see who could get the boot if JV was to take a spot. Trulli and Alonso are doing awsome this year (well they were until a few races ago haha)

1badPT
09-14-2004, 03:29 PM
It would be great to see him racing again, and even better would be the fact that he'll do it with the manufacturer of the car that he won the championship in :D

EVEN BETTER - he won't be driving a Honda :rofl: :rofl:

Boostn
09-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Renault wants to secure 2nd place in the constructors championship this year. Trulli has been disgruntled recently and hasn't performed up to par in the past few races. The lastest news I've heard is that Trulli and Renault have parted ways effective immediately. He's reportedly signed on with Toyota already but it just hasn't been announced yet. So enter Villenueve to hopefully take Trulli's seat for the remainder of the season Hopefully the year long layoff won't affect him too badly. He hasn't done any F1 testing at all this year... this two day test he has scheduled with Renault Wed and Thurs will determine if he gets the seat. This is only temporary as Fisichella has already signed on to to partner Alonso at Renault for the 2005 season. The only other realistic options Villenueve has for next year is Sauber or Jaguar. If he does well with this, the least it'll do is help with his future viability in F1.

fast95pony
09-14-2004, 07:49 PM
JV's back ! The last 3 races could be quite exciting me thinks !!
:clap: :clap:

hyperwhite
09-14-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Boostn
This is only temporary as Fisichella has already signed on to to partner Alonso at Renault for the 2005 season. The only other realistic options Villenueve has for next year is Sauber or Jaguar.

i heard that Jacques is very close to signing a deal with sauber for next season. but i don't think he will be to competitive there with his history with Shumacher. all MS has to do is snap his fingers and sauber will get even shitier engines

cloud7
09-15-2004, 09:21 AM
Yup, Sauber announced today that they have signed JV for 2005.

Dave P
09-15-2004, 09:43 AM
Great to see somebody commited to JV, to bad its sauber

1badPT
09-15-2004, 10:20 AM
bah

oh well at least he's racing again :dunno:

fast95pony
09-15-2004, 10:36 AM
So when Michael retires,JV moves from Ferrari Jr. to Ferrari.... ;)

Nice dream eh ?? ;)

lam-boy
09-15-2004, 11:20 AM
heres a link to some news.

http://tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=98763

Dave P
09-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by fast95pony
So when Michael retires,JV moves from Ferrari Jr. to Ferrari.... ;)

Nice dream eh ?? ;)

haha very nice dream. I would say there are better odds of JV becoming a nascar driver before driving for ferrari. hahah

Originally posted by lam-boy
heres a link to some news.

http://tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=98763

JV looks like a fuckin lunatic in that pic. haha

lam-boy
09-15-2004, 11:48 AM
hahaha, yeah he sure needs to cut that smile down a bit and clean off his face hahaha.

1badPT
09-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Dave P

JV looks like a fuckin lunatic in that pic. haha
LOL :werd:

holy shit thats like his worst pic

hjr
09-15-2004, 12:08 PM
well i suppose you have to count your blessings, at least he is racing in F1 again....

rage2
09-15-2004, 02:12 PM
haha very nice dream. I would say there are better odds of JV becoming a nascar driver before driving for ferrari. hahah
Villeneuve's dad had a great relationship with Ferrari. Too bad Enzo's dead, Gilles was his all time favorite driver.

If Enzo's still alive, Villeneuve would be able to drive for Ferrari whenever he wants.

Dave P
09-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Villeneuve's dad had a great relationship with Ferrari. Too bad Enzo's dead, Gilles was his all time favorite driver.

If Enzo's still alive, Villeneuve would be able to drive for Ferrari whenever he wants.

True, but with the bad blood between him and shumi, i dont see it happening. even if shumi retired.

hyperwhite
09-16-2004, 06:30 PM
Great to see somebody commited to JV, to bad its sauber

Sauber is better now then BAR was but not as good as BAR is. I read a rumor on jv-world.com that jacques was trying to return to BAR if williams stole button but i guess this shoots that rumor down

hjr
09-17-2004, 01:17 AM
well he definetely has his future in his own hands now. he can put up and shut up with a lesser car and perform like he seems to think he can, and do well next season, or it will be BAR all over again.

hjr
09-17-2004, 05:36 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/3665626.stm

it is confirmed that he will drive for renault for the final 3 races.

BigMass
09-17-2004, 07:29 PM
China will be an awesome race. Jacques with Renault's launch control is going to kamikaze right into the back of Michael at the start. Going to be fun.

Too bad he wont be driving for Renault next year. Renault has a car that can win, Sauber currently doesnt. A lot can change in a year though. You never know what Sauber is up to during the winter break.

gpomp
09-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
You never know what Sauber is up to during the winter break.
Yes you do, just look at the F2004 :D

hyperwhite
09-18-2004, 07:27 PM
i wanna see him launch past jenson on the start and give a wave :D