PDA

View Full Version : Motorola V3 Razor on ebay - too good to be true?

Kamen
09-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Check out that auction and tell me what you think guys, I can't figure out if it's the actualy REAL phone he is pushing or something else. Cuz the price is unreal, shipping ins almost non-existant, and his past feedback has no hinting of him selling this kind of stuff whatsoever. Also his email excuse seems fishy?
But damn...it if was legit..I'd hit it!:hitit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5720656651&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Weapon_R
09-14-2004, 11:45 PM
I don't get it either. Some very reputable sellers have similar auctions for 299.00 and I can't figure out whether its a scam or not. I think it is a scam, but some of these guys have hundreds of positive feedback, sometimes at 100%

Kamen
09-15-2004, 12:04 AM
Some noob with 0 feedback just bid them all up for $999.99...all 15 of them...ahahhaha

Shaolin
09-15-2004, 07:43 AM
gota be a scam.. that ebay link doesn't work.

I thought I was going to be able to get mine this week... but they keep pushing the dam thing back.. :thumbsdow

roopi
09-15-2004, 09:35 AM
The reason you see people with 100's of positive feedback sometimes selling items at unreal prices is because their accounts have been 'hijacked'.

Akagi Redsuns
09-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Love the looks of the V3, too bad the software looks to be an almost clone of the Vxxx software. The phonebook is so painful!!

Davetronz
09-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Link was yanked by Ebay.

Shaolin
09-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
Love the looks of the V3, too bad the software looks to be an almost clone of the Vxxx software. The phonebook is so painful!!

Are all Motorola Phonebooks like that? I've never had a Moto so I don't know.. When I had my 8890 that was one of the biggest downfalls of that phone, and the fact that it goes out once in a while.

Kamen
09-15-2004, 11:26 AM
The guy emailed me back saying they are legit, fully unlocked, and a 1 year international warranty. Willing to sell to me for $200.
I can't trust that.

Gonthro
09-15-2004, 11:27 AM
ask him if they're legit why did it get pulled?? probably because he hacked someone elses ebay acocunt.

roopi
09-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Kamen
The guy emailed me back saying they are legit, fully unlocked, and a 1 year international warranty. Willing to sell to me for $200.
I can't trust that.

Just to let you know the phone hasn't been officially released by Motorola. It was supposed to last week, it was supposed to this week again however its been delayed.

Typical Motorola bullshit.

Kamen
09-15-2004, 01:37 PM
I know, it was stated to be released on the 18th. Too bad, looks like a nice phone, but software-wise it's like the v600.

It's been released in China/Hong Kong though and that is where this guy is coming from I think.

Shaolin
09-15-2004, 01:44 PM
it's still about 900 bucks from HK..

Kamen
09-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Unless they are a stolen lot...or some cheap interior of the phone but same shell...
China is famous for putting exterior shells on otherwise different/various parts.

iceburns288
09-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Some noob with 0 feedback just bid them all up for $999.99...all 15 of them...ahahhaha

Then it might be a scam. There are price raisers, not designed to win auctions but put the price way up.

GTS Jeff
09-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Unless they are a stolen lot...or some cheap interior of the phone but same shell...
China is famous for putting exterior shells on otherwise different/various parts. haha china is famous for everything morally wrong.

marcolaguna
11-03-2004, 02:52 PM
I have gotten in contact with two sellers that supposedly have the V3. One gave me instructions on where to send payment and he was going to have it mailed 2nd day air (all for $300). I am still having a hard time believing that it is legit. I will paste the e-mails I have written and the repies I have gotten. Tell me what you guys think ause I am seriously planning to send the guy the $300 and hope he sends me the phone. Take a look at the e-mails:
1)HI
First I want to tell you that my phones are brand new, unopened box
all accessories included and also an international warranty.
The invoice will come at the same time with the package.
My price is the best you could get: 300USD, including the
shipping and insurance taxes. We will pay them because the package
will be delivered from Europe.
As delivery service we use UPS2days air service or overnight (with insurance and
15 days return policy), because it's the faster. And if you will have
a quick payment, we must also have a quick delivery. So that's why we
use as a payment method Western Union money transfer, the fastest and
also very secure way of sending money.
The phones work using any network, any mobile provider.
So, if you agree with my terms I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible.
Waiting your quick answer right now,
2)In order to end this deal in good terms i am going to
tell you some
things that i want to follow:
1.It is better for you to know that the items are
brand new ,they have
never been opened, have international warranty
provided by the factory
and come with all accesories that you need.
2. SHIPPMENT ---this is a thing about you shouldn't
worry about
because i belive that it is my responasability to
deliver it to your home.We
can do it in 2 way in each of them i am going to pay
for all charges:
-UPS two days air
-FedEX 2nd day
It will take two days for the package to arrive to
you.The shipping
costs will be paid by me and i will also pay for the
insurance in case of
any damage happens during the handling and shipping,so
i will be
protected in case off damages and you too.
3.THE WAY TO PAY -----As a payment method we have
chosen
WesternUnion's services because they always served our
interests in a professional
manner and helped us gain buyers. We consider
promptitude a vital
condition on the modern e-Commerce markets and a
guarantee of quality. To
arrange the transfer, you must go in person to a
Western Union office and
send the money from your name and address to my name
and adrress .Here
are the details that you need for the money transfer:

first:victor
last: Tudor
city:Smeeni
State:Buzau

4. REFOUND-----After the package arrives you have an
7 days period in
which you can send the package back for an full and NO
QUESTION
refound,but you will pay for the shipping and
handlling back to me.
5.TAXES---There may be some customs duties for you to
pay, but if you
wish we can avoid them (if any): you'll declare you
send money to a
friend and I will declare the shipping as a
gift/donation.
I hope you agree my terms and we will close this deal
sucessfully.
I look forward hearing from you.
Thanks!please look at my feedback profile ..i have 100% positive feedback and i don't want to dissapoint you...I I am not a scam artist, and the last thing I want to do is rob you.
I am a very honest man honest in every aspect of my life and like to believe that we have a mutual trust.look i live by the rules ...money to me is nothing in life it the trust that it count ,
If you try to scam somebody in life, later on life will scam you back.
I promise, you won't be dissapointed. I am a man of my word.You can count on me.
About our deal I assume we are 2 mature persons who want to make a fair deal.
I understand you are alittle concerned from this point of view but this is not the case.
I am a very good ebayer with a very good rating and my interest is to have very good deals on ebay so
i can have in the future good deals.If i will make with you a good deal,you will recommend me ,maybe ,to your friends or to other persons.For me it is very important to have permanent deals on ebay,
any negatice deal will not make good to me.More,i will provide 15 days money back warranty,i mean ,if in 15 days you will change your mind you will resend the item to me on my expenses.I think this is more than fair.
But i need to provide me the payment confirmation, prior to shipping in order to make the shippment.I hope you can understad me and also,i hope we can finalize this deal in the best manner.
You will have my personal quarentee you will receive the item immediately without questions... i promise.
i keep my word in every part of this deal..
mail me asap

3)if you want to buy more then one phones you have to know i use escrow
(a third party holds the money
untill you receive the phone). In our case , the third part is Square Trade , a company afiiliated to ebay.
Please send me your full name and address and your ebay user id and they will contact you shortlly
Thank you
4)As soon i will have the paymnet confirmation i will ship the phone and you will recive in
one day and a half
I will use ups overnighted
Thank you very much

THE NEXT E-MAIL I GOT FROM ANOTHER SELLER:
No there is not a link or a scam,
I have 19 stores allover europe,i am a serious seller,
All the shipping,handling,postage and insurance taxes is free only if you will use my terms and services,
You can have the phone in your hands in one day after the payment is made and confirmed,

Please let me know your answer asap.
Thanks,

I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO TRUST THE GUY TO SEND THE MONEY, ESPECIALLY THROUGH WESTERN UNION, BUT I WANT THE PHONE SO I AM SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT SENING IT TODAY. TELL ME WHAT U GUYS THINK

Bowen
11-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Sounds too good to be true, many romanians are known to rip off people...dont do it

marcolaguna
11-03-2004, 03:26 PM
I am looking on e-bay and noticing that the people that are listing these deals have gotten their account hijacked and are not the ones selling the phone. The guy leaves the same outline of his description but with different user accounts. I guess I will just have to wait until it is available in California.....who knows when that will be...

theken
11-03-2004, 03:38 PM
considering he spelt refund wrong, "refound" which means "i never said anything about a refund"

Shaolin
11-03-2004, 03:43 PM
just check places like omegacell, myworldphones, expansys they sell V3s for a reasonable price.. and they're in the States and Canada.

JAYMEZ
11-03-2004, 03:53 PM
defiantly is a rip off , only a moron would do it.

Majestic12
11-03-2004, 03:53 PM
if you don't trust the guy, you could hold payment in escrow.

But it's probably too good to be true anyway. :)

the-240sx-guy
11-14-2004, 07:14 PM
this has got the word scam written all over it

also "The phones work using any network, any mobile provider."

thats a bs line right there

sexualbanana
12-10-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

I know it's an old thread, but this caught my eye.

What's so wrong with the phonebook? Or what's so wrong with the software?

kenny
12-10-2004, 12:50 PM
The biggest complaint is that you can only search the first character of the phonebook, so if you have 50 friends that start with the letter T, you will be scrolling for a bit.

Software wise, people are peeved that a $1000 phone uses the same software as a $100 phone.

Shaolin
12-10-2004, 12:57 PM
people knew the software before they bought the phone i would assume.. i guess the metal novelty is wearing off on some people.. :dunno:

rice_eater
12-10-2004, 02:46 PM
i definately wouldn't buy it from the romanian dude. even if he sends it to you i'm betting they're hot. hell, most nice things there are jacked from the outside. i can only imagine how it's gonna be like when romania joins the EU and we can move across europe without visas :rofl: :rofl:

shakalaka
12-10-2004, 02:50 PM
Ebay or anything I go with one thing.
"If something is too good to be true, then it prolly is!!"

Stratus_Power
12-10-2004, 02:54 PM
its definitly a scam man, there is no such thing as free lunch. I've notice those kind of auctions ALOT when i bought my other phones off ebay ( especially w/ the p800 back then).

usually ppl hijacks other ppl's auction andpost to get sucker like oyu to email them to find out whats up. I've notice seller w/ 900 feedbacks selling aP800 for $200. then when i read his/her history i notice all her feedbacks were from auctions selling children clothing :P

usually the biggest sign of scam is
1) only money order/ Westrn money transfer, absuotely refuse to use paypal.
2) out of country
3) too good to be true

mtakako
12-10-2004, 05:41 PM
yup, this definetly sounds like a scam. I wouldn't take the risk.

aquamarine
12-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Just curious, I took a look at a few reviews of the phone & what's so great about it? I don't mean that in a negative consescending tone, just a curious one.

I can't see much that is amazingly spectacular, let alone making it worth $800 equivalent. Help?

Shaolin
12-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by aquamarine
Just curious, I took a look at a few reviews of the phone & what's so great about it? I don't mean that in a negative consescending tone, just a curious one.

I can't see much that is amazingly spectacular, let alone making it worth $800 equivalent. Help?

Because it's metal and it looks cool :dunno:

gpomp
12-10-2004, 08:56 PM
meh, i'd rather have an s700/710 for that price

Shaolin
12-10-2004, 09:05 PM
I'm waiting for the Treo 650.. and then the Treo PPC.

Akagi Redsuns
12-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

I know it's an old thread, but this caught my eye.

What's so wrong with the phonebook? Or what's so wrong with the software?

Several things I don't like about the phonebook and of course I am assuming that the V3 has similar functionality as the Vxxx series (and it does from owners of the phone). It was already mentioned, but I can't stand the way that you can't search beyond the 1st letter. Even my friend's free Nokia can do this. Another thing is that's it not easy to change the contacts categories from say work to business to personal. It's this 2 step process that could be way easier.....it's even implemented in camera section where you can press the * or # key to move through different folders. Why can't we do that for the phonebook? Instead, I have to press menu, then scroll down to Categories (5th item down), and then pick the category I want. Using the "Primary Contacts" feature elimates the multiple names being listed which is nice.

Anyways, other than that, I do like the shortcuts you can setup and the rest of it. Oh yeah, why does Motorola in almost all thier phones have a battery meter on the idle screen that is out of 3, and then have a detailed one under Phone Status that is out of 6, but it only reflects the main screen, so basically it's always paired. It's always 0/6, 2/6, 4/6, or 6/6, never 1/5, 3/6, 5/6. Even my StarTAC 6000E and 6500 had the detailed battery meter function working properly.

I like the V3 because it out of metal (loved that about my V60g), ultra thin, has dual color screen, has the speakerphone function that can be used during dialing instead of only after the connection is made and has BlueTooth. Mind you can get the exact same features for 1/3 the cost in a V551 and also get EDGE. No fancy things though, but motorola has a history of having expensive stylish phones that has the same or even less features than it's frugal model. Like the V70 compared to the V60g. Or the V80 compared to the V600 and now the V3 Razr compared to the V620/V600i.

Style has a price. As users that browse beyond knows about.....say...... LV purses versus the $10 wallmart brand. They both do the same thing, but one just has more prestige and looks better. Not important to some, good selling point for others. I bought a V400 instead of a V600 or V300 for that matter....so you know where my mindset is :) I go for the middle, good value, good ok, but still has most of the good features.

I like the phone, but not enough to spend $800 on it. I would consider spending half of that for one though.