PDA

View Full Version : stupid hit and run

nmack
09-15-2004, 06:45 AM
was on Crowchild West bound last nite, around 830, raining and dark out...

i was comming to a stop at the North Hill Dr intersection, as my car was rolling very slowly comming to a stop i suddenly hear and feel a big THUMP and my car is shot forward about 1 foot and i braked to a stop.

i was rear ended. My GF was in teh car with me, she instantly started feeling neck pain(whip lash?? ..nothing big)...
as i made sure she was ok i saw the car behind me, but only his head lights and that the driver was a male.

i proceed to call 911 on my cell, as i did this i looked into my rearview mirror and saw the guy had backed up a bit... i take my seatbelt off, look back again after i was put thru to the Police, the F*CKER was GONE!!! he had slipped into traffic and took off, no idea which direction.

NO BODY bothered to stop either.

WIERDEST PART:

i got out to check for damage, I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING!!
the police arrived and he too could not see anything, and without a description they will prolly never find the guy..

i came home, and wiped the back of the car down, NOT A SINGLE SCRATCH was on the bumper, under the car, seeme like nothing is wrong.

i did get a squeal when i was rolling at a low speed then purposely did a few hard brakes - perhaps from water??? i will know later when i drive to school.

.....no visible damage at all.... hope frame/beam is fine too...and hope the sound has gone away now that the water has prolly dried off.

statick
09-15-2004, 12:23 PM
i guess mazdas givin sum good build quality on those cars:thumbsup:

civicluva
09-15-2004, 12:44 PM
1st thing you do. Get out of the car and take his/her plate! You dont take any chances!

Gonthro
09-15-2004, 12:47 PM
first question would be why did you call 911 for a minor fender bender??? which according to your story you did before he took off.

civicluva
09-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro
first question would be why did you call 911 for a minor fender bender??? which according to your story you did before he took off.

True that.

G
09-15-2004, 02:00 PM
maybe his trying to set up a nice pay day for neck injury.

cloud7
09-15-2004, 03:00 PM
take off the rear fascia to see if there is any damage

Zero102
09-15-2004, 08:47 PM
There's damage, whether you can see it or not. I've seen a few cars rear-ended, with no visible damage, then 2-3 years down the road, all the paint will flake off the bumper, or little hidden cracks in the bumper become huge (repeated freezing tends to do that). Tough luck on the hit and run, some people have no fucking decency.

nmack
09-16-2004, 11:12 AM
i called to get an officer to the scene....

and yeah i know i should of got out to get his plate right away.

Gonthro
09-16-2004, 11:18 AM
you dont call 911 for a minor fender bender... all you're doing by calling 911 is depriving someone who actually NEEDS help... call the local police station non emergency line, thats what its there for.

Paul
09-16-2004, 11:40 AM
by calling 911 is depriving someone who actually NEEDS help...

hmmm, i'd have to disagree. Calgary has enough police-tards going around doing nothing else other than writing people up for enlarged exhaust infractions. I drive crowchild everynight and see at least 3-4 cops on that road, so their never to far away.

Gonthro
09-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Paul

hmmm, i'd have to disagree. Calgary has enough police-tards going around doing nothing else other than writing people up for enlarged exhaust infractions. I drive crowchild everynight and see at least 3-4 cops on that road, so their never to far away.

if you call 911 the dont ONLY dispatch police, they dispatch whoever is closest... and i dont exactly see an abundance of fire trucks and ambulances in this city :dunno: :nut:

nmack
09-16-2004, 11:47 AM
ok, good to know i guess...

i guess i should of mentioned i didnt know the # for a police station, and that i am from Yellowknife where there is no 911. And where drivers stay at the scene of an accident and dont run off.

nmack
09-16-2004, 11:48 AM
but anyways i guess i was wrong to call 911 after an accident.. maybe i need some common sense ???

next time i'll be sure to call a plumber or something.

1-Bar
09-16-2004, 11:56 AM

if you call 911 the dont ONLY dispatch police, they dispatch whoever is closest... and i dont exactly see an abundance of fire trucks and ambulances in this city :dunno: :nut:

last time I called 911 they asked if I needed an abulance or a fire truck and they always send police, this was 3 months ago. They walk you through the call and just don't automatically send everything out to the scene.

is everyone ok?
do you require an abulance?
are there any fluids coming from the vehicle?....etc

Well I hope nothing is too serious to your car and that you and your gf are okay and do not experiance any other discomfort due to the collision.

rice_eater
09-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by nmack
ok, good to know i guess...

i guess i should of mentioned i didnt know the # for a police station, and that i am from Yellowknife where there is no 911. And where drivers stay at the scene of an accident and dont run off.

well he probably saw that there was nothing wrong with your car and decided to book it before he got into who knows what shit...maybe he just panicced :dunno:

SkylineAdmirer
09-18-2004, 09:34 AM
@ssHole, lil remote camera with flash on the back of ur car, to take a nice pic of him and his car would do the trick :D i think thats a good idea. I'm surprised u kept ur kool, if anything hurt my GF id be pretty pissed off, i prolly woulda jumped out right away and ripped open his driver side door..... and then go directly to jail:cry:

ZorroAMG
09-18-2004, 09:40 AM
but anyways i guess i was wrong to call 911 after an accident.. maybe i need some common sense ???

Actually, you don't need common sense, you need to learn the regulations of the road. Cops are only necessary if there is over $1000 damage visibly (correct amount?) or a major injury. Your girlfriend could NOT have gotten whiplash if the 5km/hr bumper wasn't even damaged.

:rolleyes:

Police have better things to do, and YES writing ghey loud exhaust tickets is one of them...

maximus
09-18-2004, 04:17 PM
My GF was in teh car with me, she instantly started feeling neck pain(whip lash?? ..nothing big)...

NOT A SINGLE SCRATCH was on the bumper,

And people wonder why insurance is soo high :rolleyes:

nmack
09-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by maximus

And people wonder why insurance is soo high :rolleyes:

when did i ever say i was gonna sue the guy?

if you read what u quoted i said NOTHING BIG.

H4LFY2nR
09-19-2004, 04:40 AM
If you make a claim to your insurance for the damages, or injuries or, whatever your insurance company must make its money back. Usually they would claim their loss from the at fault guys insurance company, and that company would use its customers premiums to pay for that. More claims=smaller profit margin=jacked up rates for everyone=ghey.

And unless your GF already had a neck problem, she wouldn't have had instant neck pain even if the guy who rearended you was going 60km/h. The pain doesn't come until at least the next day and then it keeps getting worse for a few weeks after that.

ex1z7
09-22-2004, 05:59 AM
I bet he booked it because he saw you pop out a phone - and due to common assumptions - he knew you were calling the cops. Not you're mother. If you got out and walked near him I doubt he'd have booked it, because he'd know you would have got a goot shot of his plate and him. as well as his car.

Why did you call the cops ? The proper way to deal with that stuff is to get out - exchange information - make sure each is ok - and go drive off. If your GF was bleeding profusely - by all means call 911 - otherwise don't when nothings wrong.

If he bailed and got away with it knowing once the cops show up he now has some problems, you'll both have higher insurance, and neither want that.

Still handled it alright - good job on that.

ryder_23
09-22-2004, 10:57 AM

unless your physically hurt, dont call 911. Just call 266-1234 soon as voice recording kicks in, hit 0, and it willl take you right to a live cop

Gonthro
09-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23

unless your physically hurt, dont call 911. Just call 266-1234 soon as voice recording kicks in, hit 0, and it willl take you right to a live cop :werd: exactly my point... and everyone was jumping down my back, 911 is for EMERGENCIES didn't your parents ever teach you that?

sputnik
09-22-2004, 11:57 AM
911 is for EMERGENCIES didn't your parents ever teach you that?

:werd:

Having a sore neck is not an emergency. Not being able to feel your legs IS an emergency.

nmack
09-22-2004, 02:13 PM
oh my god(prolly get flamed for blasphemy now)

i was just saying what happened... i now know i should of got out of the car first thing...

911... maybe ppl lucky enough to grow up in a city with 911 access will know when and when not to use it.

IMO car accident.. i neeeded officer... so i called 911 to have an officer to the scene.

if i was in yellowknife i would of called the police station as i know the number there(being my hometown and all)

lets just let this thread die, my car seems to be find now, that dick wont be found, and my gf is fine now as well.