PDA

View Full Version : Need help want to twincharge mr2

MR.TWO
09-15-2004, 10:46 AM
can some one exsplaine how it works. i have a part list to get a twincharge but i am not rich so i will buy part by part. what parts do i install first?

QuasarCav
09-15-2004, 11:04 AM
You will need a turbo! and all the associated parts. If you are having a hard time figuring out what you need you will have a hell of a time putting it together.

EK 2.0
09-15-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by MR.TWO
can some one exsplaine how it works. i have a part list to get a twincharge but i am not rich so i will buy part by part. what parts do i install first?

Toysport used to make a kit for just this purpose...I dont know if they still do...but its a place to start...

Also there is a fellow on this board who has just what you are doing...Twincharged86 I believe is his user name...

hope these give you a couple of good starting points...

MR.TWO
09-16-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
You will need a turbo! and all the associated parts. If you are having a hard time figuring out what you need you will have a hell of a time putting it together.

thanks man you been a real help holy sh*t thank GOD you are alive cause if you were not the whole world would be dead

... i know i need a turbo i would just like to know what parts i buy first because i am buying part by part (go to school and very poor i am) so i don't put a part on with out the nesasary part to back it up i don't feal like blowing an engine. if anyone has any usful info unlike dumb a** it would be great. thx

lam-boy
09-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by MR.TWO

thanks man you been a real help holy sh*t thank GOD you are alive cause if you were not the whole world would be dead

... i know i need a turbo i would just like to know what parts i buy first because i am buying part by part (go to school and very poor i am) so i don't put a part on with out the nesasary part to back it up i don't feal like blowing an engine. if anyone has any usful info unlike dumb a** it would be great. thx

haha speaking like that, what makes you think people would really want to help you out?

Gonthro
09-16-2004, 11:57 AM
easy solution, you're poor, you cant afford a turbo.

and you're a jerk, so nobody will help you.

good luck

EK 2.0
09-16-2004, 11:58 AM
why all the HIZZATE yo??

three.eighteen.
09-16-2004, 12:00 PM
twincharged's car is just a gze now...if you really want alot of reliable power out of a gze block, i would say remove the supercharger hardware and turbo the gze block (8.5 c/r, stronger block and oil squirters)

ex1z7
09-16-2004, 09:38 PM
Who's the dumbass here buddy? You're asking for help - two people gave you advise, and you reply with a stick in your ass comment? Look, you want to twincharge your car - you'll need a turbo, hence, turbo + super, hence, twin.. you dont know what you need ? well dont knock people for giving you little bits of advise.

Wait till someone posts a long reply of how to do it step by step and it's all wrong. Then we'll see the dumbass

Inthered
09-20-2004, 09:00 PM
^^^^^, hahahahaha

Buddy, just go to www.dorikaze.com and ask there. This is a general car forum, not a specific toyota one like the one I mentioned.

bmeier
09-24-2004, 06:32 PM
a stock US 4agze is 8.0 - 1 compression, and is strong enough for 20 psi, completely stock. people run more than that without touching the internals....

Twincharged is a waste IMHO, just get a decent turbo setup and you will have a badass car. a t28 or T3 is a good match the the 4ag

GTS Jeff
09-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
twincharged's car is just a gze now...if you really want alot of reliable power out of a gze block, i would say remove the supercharger hardware and turbo the gze block (8.5 c/r, stronger block and oil squirters) mr2 gzes have lower cr and no oil squirters. only jdm gzes have em

mr.two - have u thought about an s/c pulley?

bcrdukes
09-28-2004, 01:09 AM
If you had read my replies in your other post, you first of all need a turbo manifold which you'll have to custom fabricate yourself.

Also, you'll need a computer or electronic device to syncronize the bypass of the supercharger to the turbo.

This project isn't easy and I wouldn't suggest attempting to perform such a setup.

If it were that easy, I would've twincharged mine a long time ago. :)

Jason Lange
10-05-2004, 08:27 PM
They had a twincharged zge at autodream talk to them.