PDA

View Full Version : phys 323

5abi
09-15-2004, 05:32 PM
has any one taken this course in the recent years???
are langills lectures good??? how bout the tutorial worth going to?

and does any one have old labs and notes that i can have/buy.

Thanks in advance

kiwi
09-15-2004, 05:41 PM
I took it last year w/ Louro... *shiver shiver*
So glad I don't need to take any more physics courses ever again!!!!!

The guy that taught the tutorials last year was horrible! No one showed up to those, ever! Besides, the prof posted all the solutions on the web anyways, so no point in going!

The labs aren't too bad. Just go with a group of people that know what they're doing... :tongue:
My TA was a b!tch though! Her name was Erin! I don't know if she's still teaching this year, but if you're in her section, GET OUT NOW!!! :banghead: :guns: :thumbsdow :cry:

EG STyLeZ
09-15-2004, 06:37 PM
i'm taking phys 323 right now with Langill. so far, he's a pretty shitty prof.

the tutorials are only worth going to if you've tried the questions and need help with them. otherwise, there's no point.

5abi
09-15-2004, 08:17 PM
fuck the assignments are shit ez, i juss need old labs 2 guide me

lol at langils attempted "jokes"

Zero102
09-15-2004, 09:03 PM
His "jokes" are terrible, but as a teacher, I think he's doing a pretty good job. Sometimes he's a little unclear, but for the most part, he's very clear, straightforward, and helpful.
He's a lot better of a teacher than Kupelian, fuck that guy blows a donkey's balls.

I had Louro (sp?) for Phys 223, and I thought he was pretty good. Did you have a bad experience with him, or with physics in general?

I'm dreading some of the prof's I'm going to have, I've heard really bad things about most of the Astrophysics profs.

I think everybody has the same TA this semester for their tutorials, but I could be mistaken. I went today, he's pretty helpful, but he really goes through things fast.

As was already said, no point in going if you can already get the answers, since he just solves them and moves on.

5abi
09-16-2004, 08:22 PM
yah i know eh, langills a chill guy, i've had him before, really chill.

5abi
10-12-2004, 08:31 PM
bump...hows every1s exam prep?