PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy suspension

ramminghard
09-15-2004, 05:41 PM
I recently bought a 1998 GMC Jimmy. The shocks are on their way out so i am wondering what would be good replacements. The truck will stay mainly on road, maybe a little offroad every once and a while. It will also have to tow a boat. Maybe only once a summer though. I have head good things about the edlebrock IAS and the bilsteins but am lookin for some opinions before i buy anything.

Also i just noticed that the end links on my sway bar are missing the nut. The bolt is still there. Both ends are angled in pretty severly though. Would this be caused by blown shocks or another problem. I will attach some pics of what i am talking about. The wierd thing is that besides being a little bouncy the ride is great. I know the nut has to be replaced. Anyone know what size i have to get.

ramminghard
09-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Other side

j_gor78
09-15-2004, 10:23 PM
Go with the Bilsteins they work!

ramminghard
09-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by j_gor78
Go with the Bilsteins they work!

How are they off road? Do you have the HD or sport? Where can i get them in Calgary?

CelicaST-162
09-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Ramminghard, I recommend going with Rancho RS5000 shocks. My buddy got them for his 95 jimmy and is very happy with them. The "missing" nut on the sway bar end links is normal believe it or not. When me and my buddy saw we were like WTF is going on here but then we looked on our other buddies blazer and it had the same so your OK there! hope this helps!

ramminghard
09-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Thanks, thats a huge relief.

I am going to keep checking into shocks.

Thanks j_gor78 and CelicaST-162!