PDA

View Full Version : Most Affordable Wideband?

Weapon_R
09-15-2004, 06:36 PM
I've been looking at the Zeitronix wideband o2 sensor. It runs about 300 US (without display), and includes a whole bunch of interesting features. I don't need the display because I have a laptop to use instead.

Any reviews on this unit? Are there any others in this range that are better? Does anyone have one for sale?

Mike09
09-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Had it in my car before I sold it and liked it.
My ride wasn't very tunable but for a turbo car can be very nice!!!
Still have it didn't sell it so I might sell it.
It has the LCD display EGT probe option's w/ the wideband. Or make me an offer! Only used 2 week's.

Weapon_R
09-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Mike09
Had it in my car before I sold it and liked it.
My ride wasn't very tunable but for a turbo car can be very nice!!!
Still have it didn't sell it so I might sell it.
It has the LCD display EGT probe option's w/ the wideband. Or make me an offer! Only used 2 week's.

Perhaps you can PM me with a price...i'd prefer it without a display though because it's not worth anything to me. It's unable to log like a laptop and its just more expensive so quote me without that plz. Thanks.

Go4Long
09-16-2004, 08:53 PM
also curious what kinda price you came up with...

Mike09
09-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Pmed

245gti
09-17-2004, 07:13 AM
A buddy and I just brought in 18 Techedge Wideband kits from Australia. 14 of those were for a group buy on a Volvo performance discussion board we belong to. We have 3 or 4 available to sell. Check out the website at http://www.wbo2.com/default.htm

The kits include the controller as well as the display and the cable and associated plugs. The sensor can be purchased at a VW dealer for under $75....

Email me at [email protected] for more details....

Maxt
09-18-2004, 08:02 AM
So far, what I have seen of the Techedge it is a total POS......
The Lm-1 display kinda sucks..
The only decent accurate WB I have seen to date is the FJO, yeah it costs 3 times as much, but there is a reason for that...
Maxt

Ashkente
09-18-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
The only decent accurate WB I have seen to date is the FJO, yeah it costs 3 times as much, but there is a reason for that...
Maxt

Why? :) Just curious to know what you look for in a wideband. I've used an LM-1, but only with a laptop. Seemed to do the trick, but I could see how the display unit alone wouldn't be all that hot.

2000impreza
09-18-2004, 05:24 PM
Maxt

i agree. i've compared few different widebands, most of them seem to be slow responding or inaccurate. not to say the cheaper widebands are junk but you pay for what you get.

245gti
09-18-2004, 05:28 PM
Maxt

I take it you've used one? That would give you the necessary experience to call it a POS. Anyone I've talked to seems to like it. Of course, it takes a little skill to assemble one and that might scare off some who might be lacking in that area....:dunno:

Maxt
09-19-2004, 07:28 AM
Yes , Seen and used one, to slow of a sampling rate to tune well with it, and very unstable output...
The Lm-1, display to small to road tune with its not fun having to look at 1/4" tall numbers and trying to drive..I've got it down to where I can drive my car, looking straight ahead, and see the FJO ouput in my peripheral vision, without having to refocus on it to read it , the display is nice big square numbers in large eye searing digital red... So far its the only WB 02 sensor I have seen that you can reduce the fuel bar with 1 click and see the reading change...
I cringed at the price when I bought my FJO, but after trying the others, its well worth the money..
There is another way around it, if you already own a lm-1 though or another type with a shitty display, buy a digital voltmeter with a large display and tape it to the dash, hook it up as a dc display, and memorize what Dv volt range is equal to what target a/f you want to be at, you can buy cheap volt meters now for like 29.00 bucks with large diplays. YOu don't have to memorize it all, just your target a/f's like 14.7 12.5 and 10.5....Maxt