PDA

View Full Version : Some aftermarket shops in Calgary will really take advantage of you

semasema
11-15-2002, 01:34 AM
You know what really pisses me off??? In Calgary, when dealing with many (not all, and don't fuckin tell me that I am singling out everyone) aftermarket shops, if you don't know the owner or someone important there, you're gonna get the shaft when you're buying something. When I say shaft, I mean that they're gonna jip you for all they can. It really sucks to find out that other people will be buying the SAME part as you for $XXX less, even though you thought that your connection at XXXXX store was hooking you up. FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!

So many people will sell you parts for some price but then turn around and sell to another guy for $xxx cheaper even if this guy is not a large customer or what not. Fucking bullshit.

Just found out today a buddy of mine is getting the exact same thing that I bought for almost $400 cheaper even though I dealt with the owner of this shop and supposedly he was giving me an awesome deal. What fuckin shit. I am sick of it. So many people want to take others for a ride.

I also realize that some people buy a lot of stuff and therefore deserve a big discount, but I am NOT talking about these people. I am talking about a guy that will buy the same amount of shit as another guy, but because he can bargain better or what not, he gets a deal. Fucking shit.

I do know that shops have to make money, but to jip one guy over another for amounts like $400 is fucking low. Man, places like Walmart should sell good aftermarket parts because their philosophy of giving the lowest price they can to every consumer is a fair and SMART philosophy.

Fuck, I am not going to even name which shop did this to me in Calgary, but it is fuckin low and I am definitely not supporting them again ever.

sexualbanana
11-15-2002, 01:45 AM
tends to happen when everyone thinks they have some sort of hookup at a shop just because they talked to the person one time in a parking lot or something.

max_boost
11-15-2002, 01:48 AM
Sorry to hear dude but things like that will happen.......can I ask what was it that you bought?

semasema
11-15-2002, 01:52 AM
Edit: I thought the "owner" did visit this site, but I don't know if that's true.

sexualbanana
11-15-2002, 01:53 AM
uh oh

kenny
11-15-2002, 02:01 AM
Perhaps the owner of the shop you went to got the impression that your buddy was going to purchase other stuff in the future and is giving him a lower price on what he bought now to entice him to come back for more stuff in the future. Its simple business.

You complain about people who get stuff for cheaper, but in your own post you talk about how you thought you had a "connection" with the owner and thought you were getting a deal. So what if *YOU* were the one that got the better deal and everyone else paid more than you did? I bet you wouldn't be saying that its bullshit.

And, if you're gonna be upset with people getting stuff for cheaper than you are, next time you go and buy something from a store where you have "connections", refuse to pay the discounted price and pay the regular price.

James
11-15-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by kenny
So what if *YOU* were the one that got the better deal and everyone else paid more than you did? I bet you wouldn't be saying that its bullshit.

And, if you're gonna be upset with people getting stuff for cheaper than you are, next time you go and buy something from a store where you have "connections", refuse to pay the discounted price and pay the regular price.

haha OWNED!....very good points!:thumbsup:

sillyd
11-15-2002, 02:17 AM
Good point. Everyone likes to get the best deals, including businesses. These shops exist to make money. They do this by selling products, services, giving advice, etc. Sometimes they give sweet deals, sometimes they need to pay bills. When the owner gives someone a good guy price he is essentially giving away money from his own pocket, as he is volunteering to work for less profit. I agree it's not necessarily "fair" for everone, the trick is to find a way to be that special someone. Shop at a place that appreciates your business and work at building your relationship there.

semasema
11-15-2002, 02:40 AM
Perhaps the owner of the shop you went to got the impression that your buddy was going to purchase other stuff in the future and is giving him a lower price on what he bought now to entice him to come back for more stuff in the future. Its simple business.

You complain about people who get stuff for cheaper, but in your own post you talk about how you thought you had a "connection" with the owner and thought you were getting a deal. So what if *YOU* were the one that got the better deal and everyone else paid more than you did? I bet you wouldn't be saying that its bullshit.

The first point you said about the owner thinking the guy will purchase more stuff in the future is valid but just like that factor, there can also be many other factors that we'll never know. Who know's what the owner thought? Maybe he's just a prick out to make a quick buck on someone he knew he could easily trick? Maybe he had to pay rent that day and needed the extra 4 bills? Who knows?

Also, who would ever want to pass up a discounted price when it is available??? I'll admit that it does feel good to get something for cheaper but don't you think that it is more just (fair) for most people to pay roughly the same price?? That is why stores such as the Bay, Walmart, Holt Renfrew all have posted prices that are applicable to all customers. It lets customers know that they are all equal (the principle that made Eatons an empire back then, it was one of the first stores in Canada that had set pricing which made consumers feel better about the prices they paid for their purchases). Those stores don't say, just because you are Mr. X (Xavier, didn't mean you, heehee, what's up man?) have a 20% discount. Hell, if I am gonna get a deal on something, of course I will take it. But I don't think it is always fair to discriminate one person from the other. Especially if the price discrepancy is large.

If you got ripped off $xxx (which means a sum that does mean something to you), I am pretty sure that you would be upset too. I don't think you would just say, "oh well, that's simple business".

I see your points but the fact I am stating is that no one likes to be ripped off and treated differently from the next consumer

E36M3
11-15-2002, 02:41 AM
I think that the key is to pay a fair price for goods, and to feel like you got a good value. The best way to do that is to establish a baseline price by getting pricing from a number of competitive businesses.

It makes a lot less impact on you if an individual business practices differential pricing then if they are competitive with other similiar businesses.

Car dealers had to change their way of selling vehicles (especially in the United States) once invoice pricing became common knowledge because of the common practice of haggling down from the MSRP.

The aftermarket people will feel the same heat once they get to a certain volume, it is just inevitable. Until then, compare, and buy with confidence knowing what you should be paying for a given product.

szw
11-15-2002, 02:56 AM
You getting overcharged is different from your friend getting a good deal. Of course both could have happened.

I would also like to know what part it is. For something that is way over $400, I would assume you had researched it and known what was a reasonable price to pay. Doesn't really make sense to me.

semasema
11-15-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by szw
You getting overcharged is different from your friend getting a good deal. Of course both could have happened.

I would also like to know what part it is. For something that is way over $400, I would assume you had researched it and known what was a reasonable price to pay. Doesn't really make sense to me.

I actually did research it by visiting and calling a few shops and checking out the net. The place I bought from was giving the best price at the time.

E36M3
11-15-2002, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by semasema

I actually did research it by visiting and calling a few shops and checking out the net. The place I bought from was giving the best price at the time.

Well what do you expect? If the price was comptetive, then I can't imagine why you would be upset.

What if:

a) The shop had ten of the item sitting around, collecting dust, by the time your friend came by to pick it up. As a small business owner, I would be highly incented to get rid of my old stock in order to minimize the amount of capital outlay required to run the business.

b) In the time that passed, maybe the pricing from the supplier changed. The owners cost may have dropped, and he may have been passing on the savings.

c) Maybe the distributor was running a promotion (or cross promotion or sales incentive) on the item.

There are dozens of other scenarios that would give the owner of the shop great reasons to adjust pricing. It happens every day.

If you bought a 2003 Ford F150 today and paid $20,000, would you be pissed off that six months from now when the sales cycle starts to dip the dealer reduces pricing by $1500 due to a dealer incentive?

Seems to me that it is just classic supply and demand and a free market economy at work.

semasema
11-15-2002, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by E36M3

Well what do you expect? If the price was comptetive, then I can't imagine why you would be upset.

What if:

a) The shop had ten of the item sitting around, collecting dust, by the time your friend came by to pick it up. As a small business owner, I would be highly incented to get rid of my old stock in order to minimize the amount of capital outlay required to run the business.

b) In the time that passed, maybe the pricing from the supplier changed. The owners cost may have dropped, and he may have been passing on the savings.

c) Maybe the distributor was running a promotion (or cross promotion or sales incentive) on the item.

There are dozens of other scenarios that would give the owner of the shop great reasons to adjust pricing. It happens every day.

If you bought a 2003 Ford F150 today and paid $20,000, would you be pissed off that six months from now when the sales cycle starts to dip the dealer reduces pricing by $1500 due to a dealer incentive?

Seems to me that it is just classic supply and demand and a free market economy at work.

Very true, could be just supply and demand. Good points.

szw
11-15-2002, 03:23 AM
Anyways what did you buy? sounds cool!

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-15-2002, 11:26 AM
what if no one got deals... that would be great... wouldnt it... :devil:

B17a
11-15-2002, 12:26 PM
It's a free market out there man! You probably just paid the going price at the time, these things are just commodities and as already discussed, driven by supply and demand.

GTS Jeff
11-15-2002, 02:41 PM
hey man...thats the name of the game. youre sposed to try to get the cheapest price u can...and the seller is sposed to get the highest price....

if u got jipped...its YOUR FAULT BUDDY. my congrats go to the guy that ripped u off.

legendboy
11-15-2002, 03:10 PM
Ya, I don't think you should wine if you FEEL like you got ripped off. If you phoned around and got the best price around then why would you be upset??? You can't expect to get the same deal as someone who maybe is friends with an owner or something!

semasema
11-15-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
hey man...thats the name of the game. youre sposed to try to get the cheapest price u can...and the seller is sposed to get the highest price....

if u got jipped...its YOUR FAULT BUDDY. my congrats go to the guy that ripped u off.

That's great Mr. Type R.:thumbsup: I am glad that you are so happy for me.

SickBastard
11-15-2002, 04:29 PM
Dont worry winnipeg has lots of places that rip people off. Some are racist when it comes to deals.

Ben
11-15-2002, 05:28 PM

That's great Mr. Type R.:thumbsup: I am glad that you are so happy for me.

Why should we feel bad for you?

You didn't pay retail for it so STFU, People expect something for nothing, Mod Shops are not Charities, you may be able to barter at the saliation army, but come on, these people are in the bus to make money and provide a service...

szw
11-15-2002, 05:42 PM
No point complaining to us. This is what you get here!

Go talk to the store again and say 'comeonnnn...pleeeaseee...commee onnnnn!!'

If that doesn't work, go to your friend and say "the store owner told us the split the money to make it fair...gimme 200"

turboMiata
11-15-2002, 05:54 PM
Sorry to hear about you getting "jipped". I too have been ripped off before, but the fault is all mine. Here are the reasons:

- I chose to shop there,
- i *didn't* do my market research
- i gave them my money willingly
- the shop *did not* hold a gun to my head force me to buy from them

sorry dood, that's life. if you want to vent, no probs. but you won't get much sympathy here because most of us have been there.

Dirty Sanchez
11-15-2002, 05:54 PM

When you get ripped off I sure hope nobody says the same thing to you!!!

BAD KARMA :guns:

semasema
11-15-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Benny

Why should we feel bad for you?

You didn't pay retail for it so STFU, People expect something for nothing, Mod Shops are not Charities, you may be able to barter at the saliation army, but come on, these people are in the bus to make money and provide a service...

I never asked and I am definitely not looking for anyone's sympathy. Can't someone start a thread about their experience? Or is that wrong??? If I was looking for a shoulder to cry on, it definitely wouldn't be yours anyway so maybe you should chill out Benny.

Props to you man!!:clap: .

Ben
11-15-2002, 06:51 PM

I never asked and I am definitely not looking for anyone's sympathy. Can't someone start a thread about their experience? Or is that wrong??? If I was looking for a shoulder to cry on, it definitely wouldn't be yours anyway so maybe you should chill out Benny.

Props to you man!!:clap: .

Cool man, Cheers!

semasema
11-15-2002, 07:17 PM
Hey all,

Thanks for all your replies even if we didn't agree on some issues. I started this thread just to send out a buyer beware (with a kick!) to everyone and let you know that shit like this can happen anytime.

It's actually interesting to see how everyone has a differing opinion. Thanks to all who PM'd me and sent their regards as well.

Hopefully, there will be less of these situations in the future.

turboMiata
11-15-2002, 07:31 PM
right on, dood!!

:clap::clap: :clap: :clap:

bksze
11-15-2002, 08:16 PM

well said!!

Hollywood
11-15-2002, 09:34 PM
semasema some of these guys are on you a little too harsh. It's understandable that you are upset about it.

One way to fix the these situations is stay loyal to one shop that you like. That way you will usally get better prices and service. Loyalty is going down these days IMO.

lsvetc
11-15-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
semasema some of these guys are on you a little too harsh. It's understandable that you are upset about it.

One way to fix the these situations is stay loyal to one shop that you like. That way you will usally get better prices and service. Loyalty is going down these days IMO.

Yeah thats a really good point. Like we all get ripped off when no one really know us. When I first got into the import scene, I would get like pretty crapy deals, but thats life I guess. Like Hollywood said, if you stay loyal to one shop and let yourself be know, then the deals will eventually come. I know exactly how you feel and I do feel bad for you! Sorry dude!

GTS Jeff
11-15-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez

When you get ripped off I sure hope nobody says the same thing to you!!!

BAD KARMA :guns: i sure hope they do! if i get ripped off (and its happened) its my own damn fault...

That's great Mr. Type R.:thumbsup: I am glad that you are so happy for me. haha anytime bud! next time u need to get ripped off, just gimme a shout! ill be happy to help u out!

hehe just jokes, sorry about your tough break. just learn from it and its all good :thumbsup:

95acc
11-16-2002, 12:54 AM
I agree with hollywood that loyalty has gone down the tubes. Most people wil drive the 5 min between most shops and say so and so at this place gave me this price then drive to the next place get a better deal by saying the same thing and so on. You really have no idea how much this bugs retailers of any sort. You WILL get a better deal if you STAY loyal to ONE shop.

My 2 cents:)

James
11-16-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by 95acc
You WILL get a better deal if you STAY loyal to ONE shop.

Although this is True, unless you know someone who works there, or buy ALOT of stuff, it would be pretty hard for them to know you very well because there are SOO many customers....or so i would think:dunno:...........Ive been to pretty much all the shops in Calgary and even when im just asking for Rough Qoutes or something, i seem to get treated petty well, and I dont find them that hard to Bargain with :thumbsup:

SilverRex
11-16-2002, 03:05 AM
anyone know if tunerworks is a good place to goto? service + cost?:confused:

del-lude
11-16-2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex

Tunerworks is good in my books, they have awesome service and knowledge, prices are very cmpetitive and the best thing about them is they're the only shop I've dealt with that gets you the part when promised and they don't make up bullshit excuses to cover up why things aren't still in yet..:thumbsup:

buh_buh
11-16-2002, 05:19 AM
I also give Tunerworks :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I think their prices are very competitive, and the staff honest and helpful. They won't try to sell you a product you don't want (as I have previously experienced at other shops), and they will give you helpful suggestions as to which is a better product etc.

choweyt3t4
11-16-2002, 08:40 AM
i got a v-fac from tunerworks last year the price was very low compared to others at that time,and they delivered the product right on time to the day!also greg at contempary delivered on schedule.and like del lude said no bullshit excuses cause as everyone knows waiting for parts suck big time!!!!and yo semasema i know how you feel ive been there and so have many others too. you live and you learn right?just think your not the one losing out here its your xxxxshop that you went to, thats cause they just lost your future business with them. plus word of mouth is very harmful for businesses so trust me.

Rydog
11-16-2002, 12:49 PM

They are awesome there. Rob actually talked me out of getting a part once cause he said that it wouldn't help a brand new car enough to be worth it.

Ben
11-16-2002, 01:42 PM
Tunerworks is a very good shop. Honesty is definatly a big virtue there. Great pricing too.

B18C
11-16-2002, 04:19 PM
I've only had good experiences with Tunerworks personally. They have good prices and I trust their expertise. :thumbsup:

boi-alien
11-16-2002, 04:21 PM
tunerworks gets :thumbsup: from me

sillysilvia
11-16-2002, 06:57 PM
It depends on who you deal with there, with the type of service you get, big Mark has always been good to me everyone else there could use a lesson with their people skills.

LaughingTiger
11-16-2002, 07:11 PM
SemaSema............Thats life......!! You made the choice not the owner of the store, don't put so much trust in people....:confused:

LaughingTiger
11-16-2002, 07:14 PM

................:thumbsup:

GP_DrIvEr
11-16-2002, 07:54 PM

tunerworks does really good work, but they are pretty pricey for /hr rates, and sometimes it takes about 2-3weeks to get into their shop

ninjak84
11-16-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Just_d16n

They are awesome there. Rob actually talked me out of getting a part once cause he said that it wouldn't help a brand new car enough to be worth it.

Hehe, Autozeal is the same way. When I first got my 240, I wanted to put a grill in the bumper. The guy working was like, " Are you sure man? I mean, that would look kinda retarded. I think your car would lok better without it."
Looking back, I'm glad he talked me out of it.

turboMiata
11-16-2002, 11:19 PM
Rob knows his shit. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

buh_buh
11-17-2002, 06:05 AM
wow, I think this is the first time there has been a thread regarding a specific shop, and it hasn't been bashed.
Tunerworks must be doing SOMETHING right.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

evylgrynn
11-17-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by B18C
I've only had good experiences with Tunerworks personally. They have good prices and I trust their expertise. :thumbsup:

I'd have to agree, my experiences with Tunerworks have been excellent, top notch customer service and products!!

SmelltheRubber
11-17-2002, 01:13 PM
Semasema, just tell us which shop it was! Like somebody said earlier, word of mouth can be very harmful for businesses. And anyways, by telling us which shop it was, we can at least do alot more research before buying anything there. or if your not comfortable posting the name, pm it to me, cause I would sure like to know.

95acc
11-17-2002, 01:36 PM
Semasema, just tell us which shop it was! Like somebody said earlier, word of mouth can be very harmful for businesses. And anyways, by telling us which shop it was, we can at least do alot more research before buying anything there. or if your not comfortable posting the name, pm it to me, cause I would sure like to know.

You guys it is crap like this we are trying to stop on these sites, does it really matter what shop it was? So he puts on here it was xxxxxx? shop so everyone takes there turn on running there name through the mud. I really do not think that any more of the shop bashing is needed. Just because one person feels he payed too much for something does not mean that the shop he bought them from runs a bad operation! I don't think some people realize what the industry would be like if there were now shops in town of if there were only one or two. The prices would be so high that no one could afford to do anything to there cars. And no shops = no local industry think about that next time you want to cuss out someones shop!

M32003
11-17-2002, 02:01 PM

You guys it is crap like this we are trying to stop on these sites, does it really matter what shop it was? So he puts on here it was xxxxxx? shop so everyone takes there turn on running there name through the mud. I really do not think that any more of the shop bashing is needed. Just because one person feels he payed too much for something does not mean that the shop he bought them from runs a bad operation! I don't think some people realize what the industry would be like if there were now shops in town of if there were only one or two. The prices would be so high that no one could afford to do anything to there cars. And no shops = no local industry think about that next time you want to cuss out someones shop!

I guess we know which shop it was now

5.9 R/T
11-17-2002, 03:17 PM
IMO I wouldn't buy anything at any shop in Calgary, everyone's markup is too high and it really is quite retarded. If you need to get shit get it from the states, even after shipping EVERYTHING will be cheaper, even if you get a supposed deal. Until people start to realize just how high the markup is tho and stop shopping at these shops this raping will continue, and I will continue buying parts from the states.

max_boost
11-17-2002, 03:24 PM
Tunerworks is the only shop in calgary I know of that orders directly from the manufacturers in Germany

I got my Rieger kit at a unbelievable deal, it was so cheap that I could of resold it for a very nice profit!:thumbsup:

Sure I had to wait almost 2 months for the kit, but given the fact it came from Germany, customs and sh!t, and the crazy deal I got, I am one seriously happy customer!:clap:

HRD2PLZ
11-17-2002, 03:28 PM
I've been happy with Tunerworks too, even though I'm not driving a german vehicle :D

Joe Malms
11-17-2002, 04:27 PM
do your research. I dont think i've ever been ripped off because i always do a fair amount of research on pricing before hand.
It may take some time, but it saves you alot of money in the long run.

Tuner1
11-17-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
IMO I wouldn't buy anything at any shop in Calgary, everyone's markup is too high and it really is quite retarded.

This is not directed at 5.9 R/T, but rather a general comment about the aftermarket Import performance parts market.

I would not hesitate to say that our industry (retail end) works on one of the lowest retail mark-ups in the North American business community! A restaurant, cloths store, bike shop, or other would have a heart attack if they saw what type of profit we try to pay the bills with!

In my travels I haven't found one business where I can ALWAYS find the lowest price for EVERYTHING I want to buy. If someone has been quoted a price from one of the local shop and found that it was higher than ordering it from the US, then so be it. Having said that, I encourage that person, or people, to give local shops another chance and ask for a quote for the next part you might want to buy. I can GUARANTEE that we can BEAT U.S. prices on many of the parts we sell, AND offer nice :) face to face local customer service.

Have a great weekend!

Rob

Ben
11-17-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by E36S50B32

This is not directed at 5.9 R/T, but rather a general comment about the aftermarket Import performance parts market.

I would not hesitate to say that our industry (retail end) works on one of the lowest retail mark-ups in the North American business community! A restaurant, cloths store, bike shop, or other would have a heart attack if they saw what type of profit we try to pay the bills with!

In my travels I haven't found one business where I can ALWAYS find the lowest price for EVERYTHING I want to buy. If someone has been quoted a price from one of the local shop and found that it was higher than ordering it from the US, then so be it. Having said that, I encourage that person, or people, to give local shops another chance and ask for a quote for the next part you might want to buy. I can GUARANTEE that we can BEAT U.S. prices on many of the parts we sell, AND offer nice :) face to face local customer service.

Have a great weekend!

Rob

You Da Man Rob!

GP_DrIvEr
11-17-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
I've been happy with Tunerworks too, even though I'm not driving a german vehicle :D

i drive a domestic and ive never been disapointed by tunerworks in any way :D

there are shops out there that dont even want my business because i have a domestic, but Tunerworks is the exact opposite :thumbsup:

sillysilvia
11-17-2002, 05:20 PM
Maybe you should list the shop's it wasn't since M32003 seems to think he knows who it is.

buh_buh
11-17-2002, 05:34 PM
no, I don't think the name of the shop should be put up.
We already stated on previous threads that any bashing of any shop will not be tolerated on this site.

szw
11-17-2002, 05:37 PM
Can tunerworks pretty much get anything? Like if i ask for progress springs or a hotshot header? Or do they only carry specific brands? I'm too lazy to drive there haha

GP_DrIvEr
11-17-2002, 05:54 PM
to my knowledge i think they can order pretty much anything you want :thumbsup:

Tuner1
11-17-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by szw
Can tunerworks pretty much get anything? Like if i ask for progress springs or a hotshot header? Or do they only carry specific brands? I'm too lazy to drive there haha

Tunerworks 'can' get just about any product, but that doesn't mean we will always have it in stock or at the lowest price. If you want Progress springs you should try Contemporary. Depending on the car/driver/needs/budget I might be able to offer another brand to you. PM me if you want some advice.

Rob

95acc
11-17-2002, 06:33 PM
I guess we know which shop it was now

m32003 I have no idea who's shop it was and niether do you! I am just trying to put things into perspective for some people. Of course I want everyone to come my shop and olny buy stuff from us but that is not going to happen and i know that I just want to try and stop all of the this shop is better than that shop and this shop is that.Just trying to stop all the bashing i have seen on this web site over the last month.
:)

GTS Jeff
11-17-2002, 06:52 PM

You guys it is crap like this we are trying to stop on these sites, does it really matter what shop it was? So he puts on here it was xxxxxx? shop so everyone takes there turn on running there name through the mud. I really do not think that any more of the shop bashing is needed. Just because one person feels he payed too much for something does not mean that the shop he bought them from runs a bad operation! I don't think some people realize what the industry would be like if there were now shops in town of if there were only one or two. The prices would be so high that no one could afford to do anything to there cars. And no shops = no local industry think about that next time you want to cuss out someones shop! Actually, I would like to know the name, just so that I can avoid being screwed over like him.

Instead of complaining about how people shouldn't bash Impressions, why not just improve your service so that you don't give people anything to bash?

(not bashing you guys, it's just something to think about)

95acc
11-18-2002, 07:05 PM
There is nothing wrong with our service and there is nothing wrong with our work. And as far as i am concerned he did not get ripped off his buddy just got a good deal. You go out and buy a new car and 6 months later your buddy buys the same car but pays a little less money would you get all worked up over it? It sucks but shit happens and get over it. For his buddy to have got it $400 cheaper he must have spent alot. I am not complaining about everyone bashing our shop, I will get over it, It is ALL the bashing that is going on about EVERY shop. I am trying to stick up for everyone here that owns or works at on of our local shops.

B18C
11-18-2002, 07:34 PM
Actually, I would like to know the name, just so that I can avoid being screwed over like him.

Instead of complaining about how people shouldn't bash Impressions, why not just improve your service so that you don't give people anything to bash?

(not bashing you guys, it's just something to think about)

I don't think he was screwed over!!! SemaSema even said he did research on this part and found that this shop had the best price at that time.

So his friend got the same part for $400 cheaper. So what? There are a million reasons why that could have happened.

- Maybe someone else special ordered it and then later backed down and didn't want it anymore. The shop now has a part it needs to unload and this guy's friend just happens to be at the right place at the right time.

- Maybe the price on the part really dropped that much or maybe the shop switched distributors which gave them a better price.

Rydog
11-19-2002, 09:14 AM
holy shit people, enough already....sheeeeesh!

max_boost
11-19-2002, 12:24 PM
Ok so buddy saves $400 but on what though?!?! lol

I over paid my Jackson Supercharger by $400 but what the hell, its all good. I was loyal to the company and paid more just so I could buy it off them. They ended up getting pissed off at me cause I took it somewhere else for install, what gives?

Unless you paid $400 more on a AEM Cold Air Intake, then you got ripped off for sures! haha

5.9 R/T
11-19-2002, 01:55 PM

I can GUARANTEE that we can BEAT U.S. prices on many of the parts we sell, AND offer nice :) face to face local customer service.

So far this has not been the case, and I'm not willing to waste my time bartering with salesmen just to try and get the best deal on every part I want. Fact is most of the shops in the US do way more sales then the shops here and can offer, or should I say, are more willing to offer better deals. And I'm not willing to spend an extra 100 bucks or more on a 500 dollar part just to meet someone face to face. For 100 bucks I better be getting sucked off or something... :D

I think I can safely say that you and pretty much every other shop here are having NO problems paying the bills, and you probably havent even been close to wondering if you were going to make it to the next month for a very long time. This is by no means a negative thing at all, your doing great business and making tons of money, which at the end of the day is the goal of any business. BUT for me the consumer I want to get the best price possible, and no one in calgary can compete with the US prices from what I've seen so my choice is pretty clear.

legendboy
11-19-2002, 02:10 PM
This whole thread is about one person whining about paying more than one of his friends did...blah...blah. In any retail customer service type business there will always be people who are not happy for whatever reason. Thats the nature of that business. If I ever overpaid for something I wouldn't tell anybody! I'd feel stupid! I'd lie if I was asked to avoid looking like a retard !:rofl: Everybody knows that the aftermarket parts business is super low gross profit margins. All the shops drop there pants on eachother untill there's barley anything left! If you think otherwise then do some homework! I think someone should lock this fuckin crapy thread. :rofl:

92 Teg-B18A
11-19-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
This whole thread is about one person whining about paying more than one of his friends did...blah...blah. In any retail customer service type business there will always be people who are not happy for whatever reason. Thats the nature of that business.

:werd:
well put:)

RickDaTuner
11-19-2002, 02:22 PM
all my buisness has been with contemporary and Tuner works the only shops I trust and can get way Below retail Prices from, im to scared or cautios to go anywere else

Mad Props to Tuner Works for there Excelent Service
Time and Time again you have proven yourselves to me and my friends YOU GUYS ROCK!

buh_buh
11-19-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
I think someone should lock this fuckin crapy thread. :rofl:
your wish is my command!:D