PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me.... (jeep)

hjr
11-15-2002, 02:28 AM
i was racing what looked like a stock jeep grand cherokee (in my jetta GTX), and i was blown away by the fact that he kept right up with me. I admit, my car is light on mods, but i always figured it to be quicker than a Jeep. Is this just a burn to me, or are those V8's quick???

be nice........

Davetronz
11-15-2002, 03:19 AM
On an unrelated note, I have been revved at 3 times now at lights while it was bad snowy weather by fools in Jeeps.... :dunno:

MYKN
11-15-2002, 05:08 AM
Yo turboDSM that "fight rice" sig seems very racist man!!!! I dont think its very cool.

redline_13000
11-15-2002, 12:00 PM
yes they are quick actually..have a powerful 4.7 liter v8 and a 5 speed auto tranny!couple of my friends have em and they are surprisingly fast!

jdmakkord
11-15-2002, 12:04 PM
uh, my dad has one too(5.2L) and yeah its quick, but it doesn't rev very high, and runs out of steam around 120km. Of course they launch pretty good, but I wouldn't race one. Not exactly a good platform to drag race with!

finboy
11-15-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by MYKN
Yo turboDSM that "fight rice" sig seems very racist man!!!! I dont think its very cool.

i HIGHLY doubt it is meant to be racist.

dj_honda
11-15-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by finboy

i HIGHLY doubt it is meant to be racist.
maybe not but it depends on how u look at it.....u know the word "rice" is not always used to describe cars......

i think it is pretty racist too if u look at it that way.....a guy beating down an asian guy and then it says "FIGHT RICE", especially since the animation has no cars or reference to cars in it or anything.

Grand Damn
11-15-2002, 07:29 PM
7.2sec 0-60 i think that is fast but are you sure is even was a v8 and what year cuz it does matter.....the 98 5.2 have 220hp but dont even move because the engine for that year is junk and only has a 4 speed auto

99 and up have 4.7l (smaller)but with 235hp and a well built engine on a 5 speed auto (one of the fastes midsize SUVs )

silverEL
11-15-2002, 07:52 PM
the new 03 jeeps have a h.o 4.7 v-8
the 0-60 is 6.8
its fast
so much torque, its crazy
they max out at like 190
but still
its one the quicker suvs

SickBastard
11-15-2002, 07:57 PM
Those jeeps own.

Ben
11-15-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda

maybe not but it depends on how u look at it.....u know the word "rice" is not always used to describe cars......

i think it is pretty racist too if u look at it that way.....a guy beating down an asian guy and then it says "FIGHT RICE", especially since the animation has no cars or reference to cars in it or anything.

you wuld have to know it was from the fast and the furious, I would change it just cause its kinda dumb, but hey, I know for a fact he doesn't mean it to be racist, people WILL take it the wrong way...

finboy
11-15-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by szw
nah none of us will take it the wrong way cuz we know what it means. People who see it who don't know car forum lingo will might think it has a racist intent, but whatever! no biggie!
I think its amusing. haha :werd:

Dice
11-16-2002, 10:29 AM
dont feel bad bro, i raced my nissan 240 against My friend's jeep. He freaking owned me....lol. I couldnt believe it. So i went to a dealership just to check the jeeps. I bought a 2002 jeep grand cherokee with 4.7 v-8. OMG it is so fast for a 4000lb vehicle. 0-60 in 7.2 (stock), and 1/4 in 15.8. I cant wait till i throw a few bolt-ons. My friend has a few bolt-ons on his 5.9 v8 and he is running in the High 5's. I also have a Jetta and my JGC blows it away. You probably raced a I6 JGC. The v-8 probably would have had u for lunch. The jeeps are dropping (option) a 427 Hemi in the 04's or 05's. it going to be the fastest SUV on the planet.

MistaBrent
11-16-2002, 11:29 AM
im my racing days, i lost to a 2002 v8 grand cherokee.

they have a lot of torque i think its over 300.

I have 282lbs of tourque and 260 horse.

actually pretty sad when i lost to an SUV

sillyd
11-16-2002, 03:04 PM
I sometimes drive a '98 grand cherokee limited. 345lb/ft, 245 hp. Kills almost anything off the line until about 80. Torque is my friend.

300rwhp
11-16-2002, 04:51 PM
mista breant that is sad if you knew how to drive the jeeep would not have had a chance

5.9 R/T
11-17-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Dice
dont feel bad bro, i raced my nissan 240 against My friend's jeep. He freaking owned me....lol. I couldnt believe it. So i went to a dealership just to check the jeeps. I bought a 2002 jeep grand cherokee with 4.7 v-8. OMG it is so fast for a 4000lb vehicle. 0-60 in 7.2 (stock), and 1/4 in 15.8. I cant wait till i throw a few bolt-ons. My friend has a few bolt-ons on his 5.9 v8 and he is running in the High 5's. I also have a Jetta and my JGC blows it away. You probably raced a I6 JGC. The v-8 probably would have had u for lunch. The jeeps are dropping (option) a 427 Hemi in the 04's or 05's. it going to be the fastest SUV on the planet.

No, it's a 5.7L HEMI and with only ~345hp I doubt it will be the fastest IF it even gets built.

There are two V8's available in the JGC's right now, the 4.7 and the 4.7HO. 235 and 265hp respectively and 295 and 325tq. The Overland edition jeeps have the HO standard and the Limited has it as an option. The previous gen jeeps had the 5.9 as their biggest motor with the same power ratings as the R/T, 250hp and 345tq. The 5.2's were just dead ass slow beasts.

theken
11-17-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000
yes they are quick actually..have a powerful 4.7 liter v8 and a 5 speed auto tranny!couple of my friends have em and they are surprisingly fast! A 4.7 in a jimmy??? don't you mean 4.3?

mwmhong
11-17-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by sillyd
I sometimes drive a '98 grand cherokee limited. 345lb/ft, 245 hp. Kills almost anything off the line until about 80. Torque is my friend.

Yes, my mommy has one. TONS of power.

You know what she ran at Palmdale? 9 SECONDS FLAT.
So much torque the chasis twisted coming off the line.
I've never driven it.....scares the $#it out of me.

Dice
11-17-2002, 10:20 PM
5.9 U are right bro, my bad. The 5.7 hemi is a 345. It has 345 hp with 353 lb. ft. I realize you guys with the 5.9s have a beast of an engine, but i would take a 345 hemi over a 5.9. As far as it not being built check out this site. You are going to have to scroll down a bit. The option of buying a 345 hemi with your JGC is good possibility. They are figureing 0-60 in the 5's .....and that is without other bolt-ons

http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b013102.htm

redline_13000
11-18-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by theken
A 4.7 in a jimmy??? don't you mean 4.3?

im talking about the jeep

Grand Damn
11-18-2002, 08:20 AM
5.9 did 6.8s if i rember the H.O does the same (not much diff)

TheXplosion
11-22-2002, 08:26 AM
Damm, nice looking,great offroader,and Fast what a SUV.:hitit:

EstoMax
11-26-2002, 10:25 AM
mwmhong u sure ur moms jeep did a flat 9? cause u havta have a rollcage and stuff and even helmet i think for under 10 sec car...
i kinda doubt a jeep does 9 sec 1/4th mile...

redline_13000
11-26-2002, 11:11 AM
i think he was talking 0-60 man

Ben
11-26-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Dice

Its got nothin on the Porsche

Originally posted by Lt. Max
mwmhong u sure ur moms jeep did a flat 9? cause u havta have a rollcage and stuff and even helmet i think for under 10 sec car...
i kinda doubt a jeep does 9 sec 1/4th mile...

hahahhaaha, so gullable

Capo1
04-04-2004, 06:08 PM
I own a 2002 jeep grand cherokee V8, when im going 100 on the highway and i slam the gas it goes extrmemly fast to 180, unlike 4 and 6 cyclinders, especially 4 cynlinders which die of power after 100km/m as i have seen in my firends prelude, the new jeep grand cherokee will in fact come with a 5.7 hemi and will be featured at the detroit auto show in april of this year and will be the fastest suv, as well we as automobiles next to such as mustang and camaro with 0-60 times in the high 5's, and yes it will be faster then the porsche turbo which does 0-60mph in the low 6's because of its heavy weight.

ZorroAMG
04-04-2004, 07:06 PM
Nah boys the fastest SUV on the planet is the Brabus tuned ML55AMG with the 7.3L V12..582HP....VAROOOOOMM....Eats 5.9's for breakfast and Cayenne Turbos for lunch....

mo_virgin
04-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Do you have stats for that ML???

If you want speed for Value... its in the Infiniti FX

hjr
04-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Capo1
I own a 2002 jeep grand cherokee V8, when im going 100 on the highway and i slam the gas it goes extrmemly fast to 180, unlike 4 and 6 cyclinders, especially 4 cynlinders which die of power after 100km/m wow, you sir are an idiot, my 4 cyl runs BEST at around 140-170, but thanks for your ignorant statment.

i hope you never return to read this as the last thing this board needs is another idiot newb.

hjr
04-04-2004, 08:43 PM
I own a 2002 jeep grand cherokee V8, when im going 100 on the highway and i slam the gas it goes extrmemly fast to 180, unlike 4 and 6 cyclinders, especially 4 cynlinders which die of power after 100km/m as i have seen in my firends prelude, the new jeep grand cherokee will in fact come with a 5.7 hemi and will be featured at the detroit auto show in april of this year and will be the fastest suv, as well we as automobiles next to such as mustang and camaro with 0-60 times in the high 5's, and yes it will be faster then the porsche turbo which does 0-60mph in the low 6's because of its heavy weight. also, the porsche 996 t does 0 - 100km/h in about 4 sec. not 6

ecstasy_civic
04-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
Do you have stats for that ML???

If you want speed for Value... its in the Infiniti FX

BINGO!

Very reasonable for what you get.:thumbsup:

hendosa
04-04-2004, 08:48 PM
I own a 2002 jeep grand cherokee V8, when im going 100 on the highway and i slam the gas it goes extrmemly fast to 180, unlike 4 and 6 cyclinders, especially 4 cynlinders which die of power after 100km/m as i have seen in my firends prelude, the new jeep grand cherokee will in fact come with a 5.7 hemi and will be featured at the detroit auto show in april of this year and will be the fastest suv, as well we as automobiles next to such as mustang and camaro with 0-60 times in the high 5's, and yes it will be faster then the porsche turbo which does 0-60mph in the low 6's because of its heavy weight.
Kind of hard to generalize about 4 and 6 cylinder engines... # of cylinders really has nothing to do with it. All comes down to what the motor was designed for and gear ratios. I am guessing the Grand Cherokee has something like 1.5-3:1 gear ratio throughout gears:dunno:
Willing to bet the main reason the Jeep will move when you "slam" it is becasue of that good ol' peice o engineering called kickdown.:thumbsup:
Is it just me or does making an off-road inspired vehicle into an under 6s vehicle seem really silly? :nut:

Zero102
04-04-2004, 10:22 PM
Those jeeps are quick. I made a quick start from a light the other day, because the jeep was about to hammer it and cut me off. I had to push it to 5700 in every gear to stay only a couple feet in front of him.
I never thought a SUV would be that quick, or at least not a jeep. They don't have a reputation for being speed demons. Just their drivers, lol.

xkon
04-04-2004, 10:32 PM
holy archives! this is an OLD thread lol...

Capo1
04-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Maybe if u read my thread properly u would have understood what i typed, im talking about stock 4 cylenders like the 4'z in the prelude, acura rsx, sir, rx7, and cars like that. Those type of cars dont have the torque to accelerate fast from 100 km/h and up, thats why if u put a viper up against a type r it will get smoked going from 160 kmh to 240kmh its simple physics, in order to have a fast car u need an equal balance between horsepower and torque, most import cars have torque barely in the mid 100's, while american cars come in the 300's, next time u see a jeep going a 100 in ur 4 cyclinder see if u can keep up to going to 200, as far as suv's are concerned JEEP is the most popular brand in the world, it has been for the last 75 years since world war 1, so dont try comparing mercedes and bmw who are just imitations, because when the going get tough those girl suvs just arnt cut out for off roading.

TheBiz
04-13-2004, 02:03 PM
true dat, playa:poosie:

Redlyne_mr2
04-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Maybe if u read my thread properly u would have understood what i typed, im talking about stock 4 cylenders like the 4'z in the prelude, acura rsx, sir, rx7, and cars like that.
All you said was 4 cyls you didn't mention any cars whatsoever other than a prelude...there are soooo many 4 cyls cars out there which will run circles around a jeep grand cherokee. Also last time I check RX7s didn't have 4cylinders:nut: ...crazy newbies

hjr
04-13-2004, 02:27 PM
Maybe if u read my thread properly u would have understood what i typed, im talking about stock 4 cylenders like the 4'z in the prelude, acura rsx, sir, rx7, and cars like that. Those type of cars dont have the torque to accelerate fast from 100 km/h and up, thats why if u put a viper up against a type r it will get smoked going from 160 kmh to 240kmh its simple physics, in order to have a fast car u need an equal balance between horsepower and torque, most import cars have torque barely in the mid 100's, while american cars come in the 300's, next time u see a jeep going a 100 in ur 4 cyclinder see if u can keep up to going to 200, as far as suv's are concerned JEEP is the most popular brand in the world, it has been for the last 75 years since world war 1, so dont try comparing mercedes and bmw who are just imitations, because when the going get tough those girl suvs just arnt cut out for off roading. hahaha, hahahaha, hahahaha, hahahahaha.....

hahahahaahahahah, hahahahahaah, hahahahahahaha.....

haahahah, hahahahaha, hahahaha, hahahahaha.

alrighty then. i re-read you post and you said nothing other than 4cyl cars suck above 100. basically i said your wrong, and i stand by that. for example, when i started this thread about 2 fucking years ago, i narrowly beat a v8 jeep in my unmodified 4cyl car. yes, we went above 100. i was trying to merge in and we ended up racing. i shut it down around 170 as i got ahead of him. and ill say this again. my car runs the best in the 3500-5500 rpm rev range which in 5th gear is around 140+. now i know i wont beat a viper, but where the hell did that comparison come from? outa your ass, thats where. Please, dont bother replying here again. if you have an issue, PM me. we'll sort it out.

Orbie
04-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Maybe if u read my thread properly u would have understood what i typed, im talking about stock 4 cylenders like the 4'z in the prelude, acura rsx, sir, rx7, and cars like that. Those type of cars dont have the torque to accelerate fast from 100 km/h and up, thats why if u put a viper up against a type r it will get smoked going from 160 kmh to 240kmh its simple physics, in order to have a fast car u need an equal balance between horsepower and torque.

What!? I respect your opinion about domestics and yes the 5.0L Jeep is really fast and so is the Viper, but first of all the RX-7 is not a 4-banger lol!

And next let's compare apples to apples, comparing a Viper to a Type-R com'on! you could buy three Type R's for the price of a Viper. No doubt you are getting what you pay for with a Viper, but you are also with a Type R. Torque is more the power you'll need to get to the 1/4 mile, but sustaining top speed is Horsepower, and those 4-bangers aren't slouches, although granted a 300HP car is capable of a lot. 4-bangers give great performance value for price, and if you compare some of the more powerful stock 4-cylinder cars I think you'll be surprised. Look at the Evo and the STi? maybe you should go back to the thread in the lounge where a WRX blows the doors off a Corvette Z06.

In the end yes HP and Torque numbers do matter, but there's alot more to engineering performance in a car besides that. Things like aerodynamics, weight, drivetrain and most important of all gear ratio as someone was saying before, these are things that performance 4-bangers excel in.

benyl
04-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by hjr
also, the porsche 996 t does 0 - 100km/h in about 4 sec. not 6

Haha, who da nub. He is talking about the Cayenne Turbo...

QuasarCav
04-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Maybe if u read my thread properly u would have understood what i typed, im talking about stock 4 cylenders like the 4'z in the prelude, acura rsx, sir, rx7, and cars like that. Those type of cars dont have the torque to accelerate fast from 100 km/h and up, thats why if u put a viper up against a type r it will get smoked going from 160 kmh to 240kmh its simple physics, in order to have a fast car u need an equal balance between horsepower and torque, most import cars have torque barely in the mid 100's, while american cars come in the 300's, next time u see a jeep going a 100 in ur 4 cyclinder see if u can keep up to going to 200, as far as suv's are concerned JEEP is the most popular brand in the world, it has been for the last 75 years since world war 1, so dont try comparing mercedes and bmw who are just imitations, because when the going get tough those girl suvs just arnt cut out for off roading.

good job buddy, in the process of you calling someone else who isn't an idiot, an idiot. you have made yourself look so horribly bad. JEEP is outsold by the ford explorer and probably most other mainstream SUV's.

get your facts straight, an S2000 with it's measly 4cyl. will eat all jeep models alive. same goes for alot of perf. 4cyls!!

hjr
04-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Haha, who da nub. He is talking about the Cayenne Turbo... i thought that too, but it wasnt stated so i felt like owning him! haha.

what have we learned - people cannot read minds over the internet. maybe in person, but not here! haha

Capo1
04-17-2004, 09:36 AM
People who owns 4 cyclinders obviously will always try to bring up times where 4 cyclinders beat 8 cylinders, but obviously this is usually after mods have been done, which rarely do much anyways unless u spend $20,000. You can talk all the shit u want, but when the new 2005 345 hp 400 lb. HEMI JEEP comes out, the honda s2000 better get out of the way or he will be run over, dont forget that jeep is now up against new competetors, as for hjr, u can make up all the stories u like, unless ur car has been done up a stock 4 cylinder is a piece of shit. The reason why honda and accura came out in the first place is to make cars gas efficient, now u got people trying to make them fast. I remember back in the 80's when guys were racing camaros and mustangs, now its honda's? lol. The obvious reason for this is money, and thats what it all comes down to, if u want a fast car u have to spend the money. A jeep grand cherokee overland goes for $60,000, and the new one will be 70,000, how much does a brand new honda cost 25,000? Like the guy says u get what u pay for, ask any person on the street what they would rather have a V8 or V4 if they didnt have to worry about spending gas, everyone would say V8, and I have a question for u hjr have u ever driven a V8? If u have then u would know what i am talking about cause i have driven both and I know I would rather have a v8 of course.

donkeyman
04-17-2004, 09:57 AM
I rather drive a V4 ... :dunno:

Ridelikeme
04-17-2004, 11:52 AM
its still a jeep... poor workmanship and bad technology... jeep tried to get too fancy too quick, if u know anyone with jeeps from 1993 too 2004 they have lots of problems with them... and i owned a 2003 JGC in my dads 2003 silverado HD ( with something under the hood that made a strange whistling sound... from 0 to redline) never knew u could burn out a truck on dry pavement until i met that beastly

hjr
04-17-2004, 03:35 PM
People who owns 4 cyclinders obviously will always try to bring up times where 4 cyclinders beat 8 cylinders, but obviously this is usually after mods have been done, which rarely do much anyways unless u spend $20,000. You can talk all the shit u want, but when the new 2005 345 hp 400 lb. HEMI JEEP comes out, the honda s2000 better get out of the way or he will be run over, dont forget that jeep is now up against new competetors, as for hjr, u can make up all the stories u like, unless ur car has been done up a stock 4 cylinder is a piece of shit. The reason why honda and accura came out in the first place is to make cars gas efficient, now u got people trying to make them fast. I remember back in the 80's when guys were racing camaros and mustangs, now its honda's? lol. The obvious reason for this is money, and thats what it all comes down to, if u want a fast car u have to spend the money. A jeep grand cherokee overland goes for $60,000, and the new one will be 70,000, how much does a brand new honda cost 25,000? Like the guy says u get what u pay for, ask any person on the street what they would rather have a V8 or V4 if they didnt have to worry about spending gas, everyone would say V8, and I have a question for u hjr have u ever driven a V8? If u have then u would know what i am talking about cause i have driven both and I know I would rather have a v8 of course. man, if you have an issue, PM me. Other than the fact that every one of your arguements are outdated and wrong, i can see your point. you feel that if its not wasting gas, it aint fast. fair enough. wrong, but whateva.

PS- to prove my point that you really dont know of what you speak, there are NO v4's in mass produced cars. only I4s.

GingeRRRBeef
04-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Apparently Capo1 is another one of those dumb domestic n00bs that think imports are teh suX0r.

I think we should just stop arguing with him and let him continue his life of ignorance.

How are you gonna argue with someone who "supposedly" knows cars when he puts RX7 under 4 cylinder engine :rofl: ???

INeedBoost
04-17-2004, 11:29 PM
People who owns 4 cyclinders obviously will always try to bring up times where 4 cyclinders beat 8 cylinders, but obviously this is usually after mods have been done, which rarely do much anyways unless u spend $20,000. You can talk all the shit u want, but when the new 2005 345 hp 400 lb. HEMI JEEP comes out, the honda s2000 better get out of the way or he will be run over, dont forget that jeep is now up against new competetors, as for hjr, u can make up all the stories u like, unless ur car has been done up a stock 4 cylinder is a piece of shit. The reason why honda and accura came out in the first place is to make cars gas efficient, now u got people trying to make them fast. I remember back in the 80's when guys were racing camaros and mustangs, now its honda's? lol. The obvious reason for this is money, and thats what it all comes down to, if u want a fast car u have to spend the money. A jeep grand cherokee overland goes for $60,000, and the new one will be 70,000, how much does a brand new honda cost 25,000? Like the guy says u get what u pay for, ask any person on the street what they would rather have a V8 or V4 if they didnt have to worry about spending gas, everyone would say V8, and I have a question for u hjr have u ever driven a V8? If u have then u would know what i am talking about cause i have driven both and I know I would rather have a v8 of course.

Man you're stupid...
-Honda's and Acura's weren't made just for gas efficiency. They make very good sports cars and have a good racing heritage. Was the NSX made for gas efficiency? ... Umm, no. Will it put a Jeep to shame? Easily
-Why are you comparing an SUV to a roadster anyways? Each were designed for different purposes and although a Cherokee might be fast, I don't think it was designed do what a real sports car can. They have their power to do what they are meant to. Dragging their heavy assess around for one and towing shit being another.
-And an S2000 cost about $50,000 not $25,000.
-There are also lots of very nice stock 4 cylinders out there. Don't be so stupid to think of only Civics and Corollas. Do cars such as the S2000, Lotus Elise, Opel Speedster, Renault Spider and so on suck?
-V4? Maybe for bikes. Usually I4 for cars and then the rare boxer4
-I drive an I4 and V8, would always be driving the I4. V8 only when I have to

Capo1
04-18-2004, 11:35 AM
You know what this is getting stupid now, eapecially when there are stupid people like i need a boost talking, again people are not paying attention to what im saying. I do agree that cars like the hondas 2000 and nsx are nice cars, but my point is when it comes to speed those cars dont stand a chance to domestic muscle cars. The whole point of imports is to try and make 4 cylinders fast and saving gas by equping them with gay little turbos. When it comes to muscle it cars its pure big block power, and it does make a difference. Ask any person on the street what they would rather want a acura nsx or dodge viper, Im sure they would say the viper. People who own imports are always biased because tey have never driven a v8 or had a domestic muscle car, if they did they wouldnt talk shit. But in roder to prove their point they bring up cars like the nsx, its a pointless argument because ur gonna lose. The fastest cars in the world come both v10 and v12 engines such as the aston martin vanquish or ferrari f50, why dont these cars come with a I4???? Obviousily its a pointless to argue with people who havent driven a domestic or exotic car, so I really dont care anymore.

hjr
04-18-2004, 12:49 PM
another pm sent Capo1. Read them.

962 kid
04-18-2004, 05:12 PM
You know what this is getting stupid now, eapecially when there are stupid people like i need a boost talking, again people are not paying attention to what im saying. I do agree that cars like the hondas 2000 and nsx are nice cars, but my point is when it comes to speed those cars dont stand a chance to domestic muscle cars. The whole point of imports is to try and make 4 cylinders fast and saving gas by equping them with gay little turbos. When it comes to muscle it cars its pure big block power, and it does make a difference. Ask any person on the street what they would rather want a acura nsx or dodge viper, Im sure they would say the viper. People who own imports are always biased because tey have never driven a v8 or had a domestic muscle car, if they did they wouldnt talk shit. But in roder to prove their point they bring up cars like the nsx, its a pointless argument because ur gonna lose. The fastest cars in the world come both v10 and v12 engines such as the aston martin vanquish or ferrari f50, why dont these cars come with a I4???? Obviousily its a pointless to argue with people who havent driven a domestic or exotic car, so I really dont care anymore.

gay little turbos? If FI is so gay, then why do top fuel dragsters use em? or how about supercars like the F40 or 959? you make it seem that compressed air is too precious for your godlike V8 muscle cars. Every engine layout has its advantages and disadvantages and as soon as you realize that the better. for example, a smaller I4 can be mounted in different places allowing for better weight distribution and centre of gravity, but like you say it can be hard to extract power from only 4 cylinders. also, efficiency can be every important in races, its not just something for the streets.

PS you seem to worship V8s and muscle cars, claiming them as the end all be all, yet you say the fastest cars in the world have v10s or v12s :confused:

M3STIMini
04-19-2004, 09:24 AM
SUVs aren't fast you guys are just slow...:D

Redlyne_mr2
04-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Come on guys we all know Capo1 is right and that turbos and 4cyls suck. I mean come on porsche 944 turbos, Lotus turbo esprits, mr2 turbos, and turbo talons are all slow pieces of garbage. I think that we should all buy and race jeeps so that we can get drive a car with a more "exotic like" engine. Comparing a Viper to an NSX is also a a great idea as they are both two very similar cars. Like Capo1, I get all my knowledge about cars from asking people on the streets

ZorroAMG
04-19-2004, 02:31 PM
That thing gotta hemi?

Sweeeet.

Capo1 Ur= t3h 5ux0r5!

Khyron
04-19-2004, 04:13 PM
I'll take an STI over a Jeep anyday, and still have money left over for mods.

Khyron

jguitar40
11-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Yeah I know the ML and Chayenne and X5 are faster the 5.9, but those pretty boys cant hack the off road. Meet ya at the mudraces and sandpits pretty boys. Oh I forget to mention the SRT-8 2006. Dont even step.

7thgenvic
11-25-2005, 10:14 PM
I own all! hehe

nismodrifter
11-25-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by jguitar40
Yeah I know the ML and Chayenne and X5 are faster the 5.9, but those pretty boys cant hack the off road. Meet ya at the mudraces and sandpits pretty boys. Oh I forget to mention the SRT-8 2006. Dont even step.

My brothers TDI will own your Jeep so bad that you will fly into LAST YEAR!

Foz
11-26-2005, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Khyron
I'll take an STI over a Jeep anyday, and still have money left over for mods.

Khyron

:werd:

Phy
11-26-2005, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by INeedBoost
-V4? Maybe for bikes. Usually I4 for cars and then the rare boxer4

Sidenote: V4s are almost dead, only being propped up by Honda right now, at least in the for-sale-to-public sector. (MotoGP's a different matter). Most sportbikes are I4s and develop power and torque per liter, N/A, that cars need turbos to generate.

(And yes, 89whatever. I know that some cars can beat some bikes.)