PDA

View Full Version : How much can you trust trucks from a auction?

Kenny_boy
09-15-2004, 11:26 PM
K, I want a mid 90's or new domestic truck for both 4 by and for town driving, now I have a idea for the 3 main names why I should go with them, Chev/GMC, well I know the trucks pretty good and I know what I can expect for fuel economy and problems- Ford, well, atleast I think this is still true that they have the toughest frame out there, and still okay on the fuel no adays- Dodge, did somebody say power, and very rarely do I hear much for major problems...

So, can anyone add, back up or shoot down anything I just said... and if not, or if so, what would you recommend for me to go for...

Rockski
09-16-2004, 06:07 AM
ive always thought that a gmc sierra was a good $x and town truck... it fits both catagorys your looking for and its a gm (im partial to them :D )

ole dsm
09-20-2004, 06:43 PM
the only domestic truck i would buy is a dodge cummins desiel 12 valve or 24 valve , man those engines just kick ass plain and simple.
whats that 800km's on a single tank of desiel ...in a 3/4 ton truck?
huh :confused: possible 800ft lbs of torque :eek: and 700hp.]
with a few mods.....
350,000km's before first major engine serviceing...:love: :drool: .
whats that dana 60's front and rear?

Kenny_boy
09-20-2004, 07:54 PM
:banghead:

K, the only thing I don't like about diesels is the weight, if your tryign to drive over frozen swamp, you want to be light as possible, and I don't remember how much, but a diesel engine adds alot of weight...

But n e ways, I forgot to ask the question I ment to ask from the start... has anyone one bought a truck from a auction for 4 bying... and if so, what would you recommend be some of the more important stuff to look at to see if it is worth while buying it...

Gonthro
09-20-2004, 07:55 PM
well any decent auction will have a warentee policy for any vehicles over $4000

Kenny_boy
09-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Yah, it looks like I will be buying it from Michener Allen, so I know it is a 'AS IS" sale, so I was just wondering if there is some quick look over of a truck that someone could recommened, like all the major key points to look at... if you know what I am meaning...

MintRacer
09-20-2004, 08:04 PM
most auctions have dumb ass arbitrary rules.. like anything under a certain amount is sold as is.. I think usually around 1500. For everything else.. like suspension.. headgaskets, alignment, is not covered. It usually has to be major problems like engine falls out. Or the car was not accurately described. Other wise you are stuck with it.

Make sure you read the rules of the auction.

rahim
09-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro
well any decent auction will have a warentee policy for any vehicles over $4000 be careful the warranty is only for 24 hours, you have to have an inspection appointment set up before you pick up the car