PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a rrfpr i can borrow?

2000impreza
11-15-2002, 11:49 AM
i have a vortec fmu on order but it hasn't came yet. does anyone have any sort of rrfpr i can borrow for a few days? i don't really care what the rising rate is.

Hollywood
11-15-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
i have a vortec fmu on order but it hasn't came yet. does anyone have any sort of rrfpr i can borrow for a few days? i don't really care what the rising rate is.

Did you upgrade your fuel pump? Because if you did you would not need to worry about it, just might run rich that's all.

Can your stock pump raise it fuel pressure? Usally OEM fuel pumps are static, ie: are not designed for a higher fuel pressure than the stock setting.

2000impreza
11-15-2002, 11:54 AM
yeah i have a supra TT fuel pump. i'm going to start installing everything tonight and finish tomorrow.

Hollywood
11-15-2002, 11:56 AM
yeah i have a supra TT fuel pump. i'm going to start installing everything tonight and finish tomorrow.

Ok. Now does your fuel rail support higher lb's/PSI of fuel?

2000impreza
11-15-2002, 12:00 PM
yeah, i'm sure it will be fine running low boost.

i was thinking about getting a paxton fuel pressure regulator and bumping the fuel pressure but that will cause idle problems and off boost will be very rich.

Hollywood
11-15-2002, 12:10 PM
yeah, i'm sure it will be fine running low boost.

i was thinking about getting a paxton fuel pressure regulator and bumping the fuel pressure but that will cause idle problems and off boost will be very rich.

You should not have any idle probs at all with no regulator. The ECU "should" run a map that's specific to idle that would not give you problems. You have a MAF ? Or is that just the WRX (newer WRX models use a nissan MAF actually).

I currently have no FPR and run a Walbro 255L/hr mustang racing fuel pump. Never had idle problems,..and I run rich all day long!! But then I also get 250km's out of a fill of 60L.

2000impreza
11-15-2002, 03:03 PM
my car uses a map sensor. the 99 and 98 2.5RS's use a mass air flow sensor.

250km per tank? holy shit. i thought my car was bad getting about 400km per tank(60L) lol.

Fuji
11-15-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

You should not have any idle probs at all with no regulator. The ECU "should" run a map that's specific to idle that would not give you problems. You have a MAF ? Or is that just the WRX (newer WRX models use a nissan MAF actually).

I currently have no FPR and run a Walbro 255L/hr mustang racing fuel pump. Never had idle problems,..and I run rich all day long!! But then I also get 250km's out of a fill of 60L.

When I tore apart my interior almost all the electrial switched etc were Nissan :)

Hollywood
11-15-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

When I tore apart my interior almost all the electrial switched etc were Nissan :)

2000impreza was telling me his seats were made by Nissan too.

Nissan is just spreading the love:love: And what better of a company to receive it Subaru. It must have been love at first turbo spool! LOL.:poosie:

2000impreza
11-15-2002, 09:29 PM
yeah. seatbelts, window switches,...etc. its pretty funny because most of the parts are either mitsu or nissan.