PDA

View Full Version : Subs not producing sound

gwgnridr
09-16-2004, 02:30 PM
I have a mtx thunder 342 amp with some cheap ass dual 10's in a bandpass, may amp is getting power and i have triple checked my connections, is it possible that my subs could be so blown that they produce no sound at all? or is it something wrong with my amp? its getting power and the speaker wire is perfect. HELP ME PLEASE IM DESPERATE, IM SLOWLY DYING WITH NO BASS!!!!

Gonthro
09-16-2004, 02:38 PM
perhaps your remote wire is not turning your amp on?

gwgnridr
09-16-2004, 02:59 PM
i know its not the remote wire, it turns the amp on and off fine, there is just no sound at all coming from my subs, is it possible to have the amp on but not actually powering the subs?

Gonthro
09-16-2004, 02:59 PM
sure if the amp is pooched.

gwgnridr
09-16-2004, 03:01 PM
well if my amp is on but producing no sound how do i fix it? and what is causing it?

cartuner
09-16-2004, 03:08 PM
could be the "spiders" on the sub itself(the wires that run from the connectors on the sub to the actaul sub membrane itself) and yes ur amp could be fried and still turn on with no power going to subs. have a electronic shop look at it and terst it. i live in vancouver know shops here but thats it. where did ya buy the amp from? warranty?

gwgnridr
09-16-2004, 03:30 PM
will mtx fix my amp if i send it back, i mean i only had the damn thing for 4 months. there was no warning at all, one minute i was bumpin and the next it was alllll treble i did wonder anbout the sub connection perhaps i will take my box apart and investagate. also when an amp gets too hott whats inside of it goes bad? jopefully its easily fixable if not this will be my 3 amp in a year, SHITTY!!

cartuner
09-16-2004, 04:37 PM
u should have min one year warranty on that amp. we dont sell mtx so i am of no use..sorry bro.