PDA

View Full Version : spotted sneeky cops

civicrider
09-17-2004, 08:42 PM
today driving down highway one, i saw a police officer shooting photo radar in a taxi cab. they seem to be getting sneekyer all the time, the soccer mom mini vans just dont cut it anymore. has anyone else seen this?

saiyajin
09-17-2004, 08:49 PM
well have u seen that one where they put it in a decoy garbage bin?..i got it in an email i think

sexualbanana
09-18-2004, 01:11 AM
There's a van with a extended roof (kinda looks like a news van), that's an unmarked cop car.

I was pretty surprised to see that.

Davide
09-18-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by saiyajin
well have u seen that one where they put it in a decoy garbage bin?..i got it in an email i think your kidding right?:dunno:

What next a Bag lady with photo-radar?

ryder_23
09-18-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by civicrider
today driving down highway one, i saw a police officer shooting photo radar in a taxi cab. they seem to be getting sneekyer all the time, the soccer mom mini vans just dont cut it anymore. has anyone else seen this?

Sure it was photo radar?

DUring last yr of grade 12...cochrane rcmp released a report saying they have "banned" use of photo radar...They no longer have the trash bin photo radar either. It was in the springbank community letter or wahtever its called. And ever since that came out, i havnt seen photoradar in springbank

H4LFY2nR
09-18-2004, 04:04 AM
There was a thread a while ago on 780tuners about the mailbox photo radar. The EPS were doing trial runs with it because it wasn't legal, so if you were caught you would just get a warning in the mail.

statick
09-18-2004, 07:42 AM
what time was it at that u were driving down highway one ?

Maxt
09-18-2004, 07:48 AM
MD of Rockyview and few other counties have it on rural roads outside of the Calgary area..
I don't know how they are getting away with issuing tickets, since they are illegal on provincial roadways(except for deerfoot).
If you did get one of those tickets, I would challenge it, I would bet they would drop the ticket, since the probably aren't suppose to be issuing them in the first place..Maxt

badseed
09-18-2004, 08:40 AM
well have u seen that one where they put it in a decoy garbage bin?..i got it in an email i think

Yeah I've seen this email aswell, but i don't know if that waz calgary or not??

civicrider
09-18-2004, 12:28 PM
hmm it must have been around 3:30ish, yah it was photo radar for sure, just before the turn into valley ridge.

2002civic
09-18-2004, 12:40 PM
here in lethbridge i guess they have a big box they put on the side of the road thats photo radar and a guy in a truck hidden somewhere else controls it

EnRich
09-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by H4LFY2nR
There was a thread a while ago on 780tuners about the mailbox photo radar. The EPS were doing trial runs with it because it wasn't legal, so if you were caught you would just get a warning in the mail.

Yea thats bs... I got one of those, and it wasn't a warning, it was a straight up ticket...

H4LFY2nR
09-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Really so it is legal now? That is BS.

kiwi
09-18-2004, 08:44 PM

I thought that was only in Edmonton? :dunno:

illeagle
09-18-2004, 08:56 PM
There's also a White chev astro (van) that's a ghost car or van. I seen the cop driving in the parking lot at work. He parked and got out. I asked alot of people which one they thought was the ghost car (15 parked cars) NONE guessed the van.. It does not look like a cop car!!

7thgenvic
09-18-2004, 09:04 PM
anyone have some pics so we know what the hell these pigs are hidding in!

hyperwhite
09-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Davide
your kidding right?:dunno:

What next a Bag lady with photo-radar?

maybe the wheel chair lady :rofl: :rofl:

civicrider
09-18-2004, 10:07 PM
haha wheel chair lady would be sweet
but just slow down if you see cabbies on the side of the road

Kaos
09-19-2004, 12:20 AM
UPDATE....
On memorial drive, I noticed a "flower delivery" Van parked on the side but I noticed a black sticker on its license, As I was driving by I could see inside and what to my surprise?
A photo radar camera.

Heads up guys/girls:drama:

s4Driver
09-19-2004, 01:07 PM
They have a license plate cover that distorts the image when using a photo radar camera. Cops are shit when it comes to them making money of speeding tickets. I was on the AC Expressway and saw one coming out of the bushes. What the hell is that?

Digital_7
09-19-2004, 01:46 PM
Correct me if Im' wrong here guy's.... but doesn't a photo ticket that is taken with-out a police car in sight entrapment? I know out here... if they are hiding around a corner where the cop car is not visible you can challenge it and win 99.9% of the time... cause the car has to be in the open.... not truly on the road... but your local law's might have something to make that legal. I'm just courious.

DarkDream
09-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Digital_7
Correct me if Im' wrong here guy's.... but doesn't a photo ticket that is taken with-out a police car in sight entrapment? I know out here... if they are hiding around a corner where the cop car is not visible you can challenge it and win 99.9% of the time... cause the car has to be in the open.... not truly on the road... but your local law's might have something to make that legal. I'm just courious.

But wouldn't that be hard to prove if he wasn't visible or not...... Casue its basically his words against yours and the cop usually wins

Kenny_boy
09-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Hey, I heard that in Edmonton they are using city trucks to gun yah down and then further up ahead they pull you over and give you the ticket... has anyone else heard of this...

Skyline_Addict
09-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Kenny_boy
Hey, I heard that in Edmonton they are using city trucks to gun yah down and then further up ahead they pull you over and give you the ticket... has anyone else heard of this...

the RCMP does that here too.
i believe they used construction trucks (also affiliated with the city of calgary) and then a dressed cop would pull you over a couple hundred metres up.

three.eighteen.
09-21-2004, 10:28 PM
yeah i saw that today, unmarked flat black CV and a guy in a vest down canyon meadows/14th...can you get in trouble for driving the speed limit but giving them the finger??

Kaos
09-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
yeah i saw that today, unmarked flat black CV and a guy in a vest down canyon meadows/14th...can you get in trouble for driving the speed limit but giving them the finger??

Thats almost like telling the police officer "FUCK YOU"
Just in sign language.

Maybe you should try and tell us if you got in trouble or not :D

dj_honda
09-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
There's also a White chev astro (van) that's a ghost car or van. I seen the cop driving in the parking lot at work. He parked and got out. I asked alot of people which one they thought was the ghost car (15 parked cars) NONE guessed the van.. It does not look like a cop car!!

that van does full time duty checking license plates around the city to find stolen vehicles, warrants and stuff like that. basically just runs license plates all day. i read in the paper they were going to get one, and apparently so far it has been very effective in finding stolen cars etc.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-23-2004, 12:31 PM
^^ Yeah, I've seen that one around, the one with the 2 cameras on top...pretty cool stuff, how they find jacked rides.

On photo radar, I heard a while back in Toronto they were having some issues with lots of people mooning the cameras! :D