PDA

View Full Version : what a piss off factor..(Insurance/accident help)

lam-boy
09-18-2004, 01:16 AM
so I get off work, about to head over to illegals house to see what he has in store for his car.
So I get in my car, turn it on and start pulling out of the parking lot.

I reach the end of the parking lot and it starts to go down hill (not steep just a small hill going down leading you on to the intersection 44th Ave. so this blazer/jimmy or whatever the fuck it was, was already rolling on to the side walk and heading out on the intersection. So I give her about half-1 full car length distance between my front bumper and her rear.
so I just sit and wait patiently as I wait for her to make her left turn to leave, So I can make my right turn ( I didn't have enough room to make my right turn yet as she blocked me off, so I waited pateintly) All of a sudden her REVERSE lights come on. I go "Oh shit..wtf is she doing!" I slam my hand on the horn and keep pressing it. *God damn honda/acura horns...* figuring she would hear me.
so about 3 seconds after I vigorously press the horn, Bump, scratch and "WHAT THE FUCK!!!"
she backed up into me.

my front bumper scratched, she comes out
"Oh, I didn't see you there." well god damnit man fucking keep your ears and eyes peeled. when she got out of the car I heard fucking music blasting in her suv. I proceeded to give her a "what the fuck is wrong with you? why did you back up?!"
she looks at my bumper. Oh its just a scratch.
"well I don't care, give me your insurance info now. I don't care if its just a scratch."
so this being my first time in an accident, I took her name phone number and insurance company number. But she said she has to borrow my pen and used it to write down my info. so she got in her car took my name and number then said allright give me the estimate and we'll get it fixed. then she drove off. took my mother fucking pen, now I don't have nothing to write with so I couldn't write down her liscence plate.

so now my bumper is scratched.
my head light is bent upwards (I don't know what its called but its fucking bent now. (the metal that holds the lhead lights in.) and my hood is bent as well.

"I couldn't see you over my rear tire. Hehehehe"
her spare tire hit my hood and lights. now its all fucking slanted and shit. god what fuckign horriable day.

so tomorrow I am gonna go to the police station file a report and get my sticker, Monday go get an estimate and give her a call.

what other steps should I take? this is my first accident and I don't knwo what to do.

thanks in advance for replies.

there isn't a way for her to snake her way out of this is there? no witnesses. well other then 2 punk kids who i saw sitting at the bus stop afterwards. she can't change the story and say I ran straight into her can I? oh god..what a crap ass day...:cry: :cry:

1badPT
09-18-2004, 01:31 AM
That sucks man, I'm too fucked up to understand exactly what happend, all I got was some bitch backed into you and if you have her phone number and insurance info you should be fine - I hope it all works out for the best :thumbsup:

here's yet another reaosn to hate SUV driver :tongue:

statick
09-18-2004, 07:27 AM
sorry to hear, at least u got insurance info.

habsfan
09-18-2004, 07:32 AM
woman+suv=guaranteed trouble

sorry to hear shit like that happened, hope it all works out

SkylineAdmirer
09-18-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by habsfan
woman+suv=guaranteed trouble

sorry to hear shit like that happened, hope it all works out

:werd: :werd:
Keep ur car in reverse ready to get outa where u are next time ur behind an suv.

Ichigo
09-18-2004, 10:24 AM
We should all mount Camcorders in our vehicles...

lam-boy
09-18-2004, 12:20 PM
well I went to get an estimate this morning, total goes to 1040 bucks or something, and I filed a police report.

this morning I called her to get her policy number(Which I forgot to do because I didn't know what I needed..first accident)
so her husband said she is a third party and insurance is under him. he said he won't give me the policy number because theres no need for it at this point. so i'm getting angry with this dude because 1) he wasn't there. and he thinks its all my fault. I'm like "Well why can't I have your policy number? Your wife backed up in to me."
well whatever I'm gonna go A-1 Body shop monday and see what goes with their estimate and now im gonna call insurance...:drama: :thumbsdow :thumbsdow such a friggin hassle.

QuasarCav
09-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy
well I went to get an estimate this morning, total goes to 1040 bucks or something, and I filed a police report.

this morning I called her to get her policy number(Which I forgot to do because I didn't know what I needed..first accident)
so her husband said she is a third party and insurance is under him. he said he won't give me the policy number because theres no need for it at this point. so i'm getting angry with this dude because 1) he wasn't there. and he thinks its all my fault. I'm like "Well why can't I have your policy number? Your wife backed up in to me."
well whatever I'm gonna go A-1 Body shop monday and see what goes with their estimate and now im gonna call insurance...:drama: :thumbsdow :thumbsdow such a friggin hassle.

Get her man, dont lose hope.

You at least have some information and you know what she looks like. She admitted guilt by saying she didn't see you there.

It will work out, I hate getting caught up in the paperwork BS.

Weapon_R
09-18-2004, 01:25 PM

Just ask the cops to give you her policy number. They should help you with that.

lam-boy
09-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Just ask the cops to give you her policy number. They should help you with that.

oh I did, I went to the police station. they asked her for the policy number. I got all the info now.

and they want to "sue" me for swearing.
I got out of the car and said "FUCK!" because she hit my car.

my dad says we have to wait till monday to call the insurance company because they don't open on the weekends.

I wrote down the story and told them exactly what I said on here. Her husband said it can't be all her fault. I said "why can't it be her fault? I gave her half a car legenths between our bumpers and she still managed to back up into me. while I had my hand on the horn. "Well ill see what my insurance company says and we'll get this settled"

if my car goes in the body shop I'll need a car to get to school/work...will their insurance co be paying for my loaner car?

Seanith
09-18-2004, 01:58 PM
I don't know the situation well, but why couldn't you back up when that dumb dike was backing up? Either way good luck with it all :)

badseed
09-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Fuck them. Good luck man, I hope they get screwed on this one.

lam-boy
09-18-2004, 02:49 PM
well thanks guys, I hope it goes well..Just so damn sad now my car is scratched and damaged.
illegal and I cleaned it up last week.:cry: :(
it was so shiny..

and as for the backing up thing - I didn't really have it set in my head at the time. I guess i sorta paniced and just slammed the horn instead of actually trying to back up. and I guess I thought she would have stopped when I was pressing the crap ass horn.

max_boost
09-18-2004, 04:20 PM
If it is as minor as that, I would just try to settle it privately (if they are willing to cooperate)

I had the same thing happen to me a few years back when a lady let her foot off the brake and it rolled back into my Prelude (we were on an incline underneath the Glenmore/Macleod over pass). Damage was $500 but it was still a pain trying to settle things because we seem to live in a society where people don't take responsibility for their mistakes.

finboy
09-18-2004, 06:39 PM
the rad support is quite bent unfortunatly :(

steve, might i suggest contacting a lawyer, "incase shit happens"

Team_Mclaren
09-18-2004, 07:14 PM
holy shit dude!!! get that bitch man, try to get as much money as u can, tell them your head hurt now or something!!!!:guns: :guns: :guns:

lam-boy
09-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
If it is as minor as that, I would just try to settle it privately (if they are willing to cooperate)

I had the same thing happen to me a few years back when a lady let her foot off the brake and it rolled back into my Prelude (we were on an incline underneath the Glenmore/Macleod over pass). Damage was $500 but it was still a pain trying to settle things because we seem to live in a society where people don't take responsibility for their mistakes.

well the thing is Sam, they don't really seem to cooperate.
I asked nicely for their policy number.
"well I don't see how you need it at this moment. its not really justifiable how it happened. you have to be within a reasonable space"

"well sir, i gave her about half a cars length room infront of me and still manage to back up in to me, I will need your policy number."

him :" well we'll see what happens im waiting for my insurance company to answer back"

so i said whatever man im going to the cops in my head.
he was speaking to me as if it was my fault. i don't really know how hes going to squeeze out of this. there is a strip mall near by where I work. and I'm positive she pulled out of a liquor store...

googe
09-18-2004, 07:41 PM
tell him he has 2 choices
a) she knows she backed into you, you know she backed into you, you have no rights while your reverse lights are on, and he knows nothing..so they can either pay what the estimate says
or
b) youd be happy to go through insurance, causing them to jack up their rates for at least 5 years, and laugh them out of court along side the judge when they try to sue you for swearing

id look into whether or not she can get a failure to remain at the scene of an accident charge too, since she took your pen and drove away before you could get her plate, and she was coming out of a liquor store, giving her a good motive for taking off asap if she was drinking ;)

lam-boy
09-18-2004, 09:03 PM
and this accident, its not my fault...I have a feeling that its gonna affect me in some way on my insurance..(true or false?) :(

dj_honda
09-18-2004, 09:04 PM
i think the amount of damage that has to have occured in total is something like 900$ before it is justifiable to call a cop to the scene. i would have just called the cop, because as you said your damage is well over 900$. and it doesnt take much for the damage on both cars to be over 900$. also then the cop would have heard her say everything, including the fact that she backed up into you, and the cop could have asked the kids as well.

the way i see it now is, if the chick wanted to she could change her story and say that you rear ended her. its your word against hers...but i dont totally get the situation you posted either.

lam-boy
09-18-2004, 09:06 PM
there is no damage on her car though, and I believe its 1000 dollars before you can call a cop.

her spare tire hit my hood and lights(it bent my rebar :(), while her liscnece plate scraped my front bumper. (not a minor scratch, the plastic is all cut up)

markymark
09-18-2004, 09:17 PM
im sure you can call a cop about an accident even if its below 1000. its 1000 where you legally have to call a cop.

SkylineAdmirer
09-18-2004, 09:32 PM
and this accident, its not my fault...I have a feeling that its gonna affect me in some way on my insurance..(true or false?) :(

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but yes it probably will insurance companies are bastards they will raise rates for anything they can.

max_boost
09-18-2004, 09:41 PM
The thing I don't understand is, WTF was she doing reversing?!?!:dunno: :nut:

SkylineAdmirer
09-18-2004, 09:46 PM
^^^

Its a woman driver man, dont try to understand

no offense to women who actually can drive, the few, the proud, the goodwomendrivers

Zero102
09-18-2004, 10:47 PM
^^^^
Hmm, you forgot to emphasize the right word in that sentence.

'no offense to women who actually can drive, the _____FEW_____, the proud, the goodwomendrivers'

LOL

I have had too many close calls with women in minivans/suv's to even half-way believe in equality when it comes to driving.

Anyhoo, you're up shit creek here. There is nothing keeping her from changing her story. Her insurance company will probably advise her to do so (they're all fucking crooked).
Try and get something solid about what happened.
Since you went to the cops, she will be called by them, and told that she has 72 hours to come in and file a report of her own. Cross your fingers that she writes the words 'I backed up' on that police report. If she does, you'll be just fine.

If she doesn't, best of luck with this.

Technically, if you don't have collision insurance, your insurance company isn't out a cent, and your rates legally can't go up as a result of this. My insurance company tried to jack up my rates over a not-at-fault, I ended up calling the vice-president of my insurance company, as well as the insurance board of Canada before they finally decided not to. If yours tries, fight it to the bitter end.

FWIW, it is $1000 before you legally have to call the cops, under $1000 it's up to them if they come out, and it's your choice to write police reports.

If there is $1040 on your car, you can bet your ass there is damage on hers as well. It really doesn't take much to top $1000.

cujo_cjc
09-18-2004, 11:05 PM
exact same thing happened to me once
except some chick was in a astrovan instead :banghead: :banghead:

lam-boy
09-18-2004, 11:09 PM
how'd it go for you cujo_cjc?

I believe she will change her story. her husband tried to change it on me over the phone.
I hate fucking scum, fucking shit. Smokes me and I Will be OUT of money if things don't go down. this is fucking garabge..I'm so sad now that my car has a dent and shit. I feel so shitty. Mix that up with some studying and I don't get very far.

GwaiLo
09-19-2004, 12:13 AM
haha thats gotta suck, but why wouldnt you try to move, i woulda put it in reverse the second i seen the truck comin back
my advice:call a lawyer:thumbsup:

cujo_cjc
09-19-2004, 11:20 AM
it went alright actually
cuz like we were both going to my friends house and apparently she didnt see my car parked :rolleyes:
anywho..so she was like a grade lower than me and went to my school and her dad was also one of the teachers there
and i had a bunch of witnesses

did you by chance get any info from those witnesses?

lam-boy
09-19-2004, 11:39 AM
there were no witnesses there. only after she left 2 kids were coming to a bus stop. so it does no good.
well you sorta knew her so it sort of works out for you. damnit..this fuggin sucks! :(

SkylineAdmirer
09-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Dont worry that much, no way ur gonna listen tho grit ur teeth hang on dont take bullshit and fight it to the bitter end id bet good money on her husband or boyfrend or whoever changing the story and her in the shadows not feeling good about it but not being brave or wanting to lose money to telll the truth. So, YES THIS FUGGIN SUCKS ..... 4 u:cry: deepest sympathies

Chim
09-19-2004, 01:46 PM
Sorry to hear, although i'm not surprised an SUV was a part of this mess.

Hope everything works out for ya

lam-boy
09-20-2004, 04:42 PM
holy crap man, this is like a bad week:rofl:
I was on my way to school this morning when an SUV ran a red light and almost t-boned me. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :drama: :banghead:

seems like all the SUVs want me off the road or something.
I gave the guy the horn and flipped him the bird as I drove past him, but his face was sooo close into the steering wheel I don't even think he noticed.:thumbsdow :guns: :guns:

5.9 R/T
09-20-2004, 05:11 PM
Unless somehow they manage to get some fault on you your insurance will not go up. Good luck with that. :)

dieselpower91
09-20-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
try to get as much money as u can, tell them your head hurt now or something!!!!:guns: :guns: :guns:

Its fucking people who do that that make my insurance rates go up and screws over people who actually are injured in an accident to get a proper claim!!!:thumbsdow

Lam-boy good luck with it all!
It might be hard but put your faith into the justice system but they will most likely come through for you. keep us posted!

lam-boy
10-09-2004, 02:15 PM
UPDATE:

well, I just asked my dad how the insurance was coming along and he just gave me some info.

The people that backed up into my gave the police false policy numbers. And now my insurance company is investigating and finding answers.

it seems good so far, I think. I mean why would you give away fake numbers? (heh, probably because they KNOW they are at fault!) maybe now I can sleep a little bit easier at night HOPING that my rates won't go up.:D

kiwi
10-09-2004, 02:48 PM
They gave false policy numbers??? :confused:
They could get sued for lying ya know... what weirdo's! Did they actually think they would be able to get away w/ it like that?

There's all kinds of messed up people out there... but good luck! I'm sure the case will settle in your favor =)

ex1z7
10-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Fake numbers meaning now you have something on them more then just the accident itself, right? You can say - if it goes to court for whatever reason - "if they weren't at fault why would they give you false information if they have nothing to hide?"

You don't think someone is going to back into you when you're stopped, at least, I don't when I'm driving? If they go slow and need a few feet I go back but not if they don't wait to make sure I'm going as well.. She was probably out too far into the street, saw she couldn't make the turn safely and traffic was coming, so she reversed. But she wouldn't have had to reverse so much if that was the case - she's probably just stupid.

Good luck with it.

luderollup
10-09-2004, 03:05 PM
see if u lie u get caught, and screwed over more royally then when u tell the truth especially to the cops...... this rule however does not apply to gettin caught cheatin on ur gurl.... it wasnt me!!

good luck on the case, get those bastards:guns: :guns: :guns:

Seanith
10-10-2004, 12:14 AM
Yeah if those beyotches lied to the cops the po' will really be out to get them ;)