PDA

View Full Version : i hate drivers who don't stop for pedestrians

infamous
09-18-2004, 09:32 AM
[/rant]
ok, here's the story...

yesterday, i was walking across macleod at 90th ave. the walk sign was lit, and there were 2 cars waiting to turn onto macleod from 90th. one was a blue honda accord, and the other was a white newer style gmc. now, as soon as the light turned green, the chick in the accord went, and i was like whatever, i wasn't even halfway across the street. i get like 2/3rd's of the way across, and the asshole in the white pickup comes barrelling around me. as he drove by, i yelled "thanks for waiting asshole!" because i was so mad. he replied with "fuck you!" at this point, i lost my cool! i yelled "fuck you too!" back at him. as he is driving away, he gives me the finger.
he then proceeds to stop his truck on the middle of macleod trail, and open his door. (i think he fucked his tranny up when he put it in park doing like 15 :D ) he then pulls off of macleod, and opens his door yet again. i start running towards him (not to beat him up or anything, just to get his liscence plate) and he jumps in and takes off. now the shitty part- his plate was covered in mud (looked like a construction vehicle) and i couldn't get it. now as for how many white newer gmc reg cab short boxes there are around, it will be impossible to find this guy.

i have replayed it over and over in my mind, and i just wish that i could have gotten his liscence plate to call the cops. is there anything that i could do if this happens next time? other than call the cops?

[\endrant]

bart
09-18-2004, 10:39 AM
ahah, well goto europe, there are countries there where cars have the right of way on the crosswalk. in other countries, pedestrians, but only if you can beat the car to the crosswalk, if you see them coming, you have to wait!

Zero102
09-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Fuck I hate those people. Or the ones who stop for your crosswalk, then run through it right infront of you!

JAYMEZ
09-18-2004, 11:58 AM
Get used to it i think , i personally being european, think its stupid to stop for people crossing , ive goten hit and fucked up cuz i stopped for ppl crossing on mcleod by chinook.

statick
09-18-2004, 02:28 PM
yea , some drivers can be real assholes

dirty_magic
09-18-2004, 02:38 PM
In my city we dont have a lot of those flashing pedestrian crosswalks, other than intersections, so sometimes you dont see them. I make sure that I stop as much as humanly possible, I always feel bad when I dont, especially when there are kids.

sexualbanana
09-18-2004, 04:04 PM
Before I drove, I'd get kinda mad at drivers who wouldn't yield to me. Afterall, by law they have to yield to me. Not to mention, I've almost been hit a few times.

But now that I drive, I see the other half of the coin. Sometimes I just don't see them. I feel bad when I don't, because I know how they feel. I've felt it.

Originally posted by bart
ahah, well goto europe, there are countries there where cars have the right of way on the crosswalk. in other countries, pedestrians, but only if you can beat the car to the crosswalk, if you see them coming, you have to wait!

That's a different story though. There, everyone knows the car has right of way. So it's not a big issue when they don't yield.

Benny
09-19-2004, 12:05 AM
I was walking across a street in Hawkwood a while ago and this Audi comes to the crosswalk and stops. Well, I even hurry my pace up so the guy wouldn't have to wait for so long, yet just as I'm about 8 feet from the curb he guns it at me and I have to boot it the last few feet to avoid getting my ass run over.

Come to think of it, (does a quick search) it looked one hell of a lot like this guy's car.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34352

It was the exact same model, and it had those racing seats and the MOMO wheel.

If it was you Audi Kid, fuck you! :thumbsdow

Police
09-20-2004, 08:40 PM
lol, $500 for not yielding to pedestrians should help..umm also if you get his license plate i think he would only get a warning in the mail cause its your word VS his, kinda hard to prove.

Mckenzie
09-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Yeah that would be a painful ticket to get for sure. I am pretty good about stopping for people. But I hate when it is a huge intersection and they have clearly gone past the half way part, and you still have to wait for them. I am pretty sure that was new last year when the new fines came out as well.

But to the people who dont stop....:guns: :guns:

I can see where other coutries are coming from though....what is easier to stop, your right foot from entering the street or a 4000lb hunk of steel barrelling down on you?:dunno:

rage2
09-20-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Benny
If it was you Audi Kid, fuck you! :thumbsdow
If it was in Hawkwood, it probably was audikid. He was probably late getting to my house to clean my toilets! :rofl:

Rabid
09-21-2004, 08:14 AM
Whats worst is these tools on bicycles who try to ride across crosswalks without stopping and getting off their bikes.

Also, people who just walk out without looking. I mean if a car's going 50-60 try to use your head and give him time to stop. Pedestrians have right of way in crosswalks but that will be small comfort for them in the hospital. Winter's the worst for these people.

<End Rant>

Gonthro
09-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by bart

you dont even have to go to europe, just to to eastern canada its the same there.

Mckenzie
09-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Gonthro

you dont even have to go to europe, just to to eastern canada its the same there.

:werd:

When my family came to visit from out East we were driving through somewhere in Calgary and I saw a person at the crosswalk. So I began to slow down and stop, and my Step mom was like "WTF are you doing....why are you stopping?" So my Dad had to explain to her that we westerners stop in the middle of the road for pedestrians....it was pretty funny.:D

She thought it was strange.

xkon
09-21-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by rage2

If it was in Hawkwood, it probably was audikid. He was probably late getting to my house to clean my toilets! :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sometimes pedestrians are pretty cocky too, like when they cross when the sign says otherwise... pisses me off i miss my advance turn because they're ignorant

bspot
09-21-2004, 01:25 PM
Try crossing in downton Montreal. There are no walk lights there, so you get to an intersection and see a green light, so you start to cross. You just hope someone turning left doesn't smoke you, and then once the light turns yellow 2 steps into the intersection, you better run.

I feel sorry for old ladies in MTL.

GTS Jeff
09-21-2004, 01:51 PM
i dont think pedestrians should get pissy if cars dont stop. most drivers do stop when they see u and its safe to stop.

when im driving, ill stop if i see them in time, but if im hauling ass or dont see them in time (cmon im watching hte road for other cars, not the sidewalks for some fool in a gray sweater) then i wont stop. im sure other drivers do the same thing.

5.9 R/T
09-21-2004, 02:53 PM
^^ You should be watching the sidewalks because you never know when some tool is going to step out and if your hauling ass and not paying attention... sure he/she is dead but you have to live with the fact that you killed them.

Seanith
09-21-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by xkon

sometimes pedestrians are pretty cocky too, like when they cross when the sign says otherwise... pisses me off i miss my advance turn because they're ignorant

I hate that shit the most! When a cocky fucktard decides to cross when you finally get an advanced green in an area your waiting like 5min to get your turn..

GT2NV
09-21-2004, 03:35 PM
where has audikid been? i havent seen him post in like a year:dunno:

j30a1
09-22-2004, 09:58 AM
met one of those assholes this morning
i hate those fucking assholes
:guns: :guns: :guns:

Melinda
09-22-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Get used to it i think , i personally being european, think its stupid to stop for people crossing , ive goten hit and fucked up cuz i stopped for ppl crossing on mcleod by chinook.
Umm every crosswalk on McLeod (especially around Chinook) is accompanied by a traffic light. If the light says green for you, keep driving cause pedestrians have a dont walk sign. How would you get hit letting a pedestrain cross while you sit at a red light?

method
09-22-2004, 07:35 PM
I dont know why this continent is so hellbent on stopping for people.

you drive home on bow trail in front of the shag golf course... the bus stops, ONE person crosses and it backs up like 50 god damn cars. where's the logic in that? seriously.

still, its the law, and running crosswalks is vehicular manslaughter waiting to happen.

Smokem
09-25-2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Rabid
Whats worst is these tools on bicycles who try to ride across crosswalks without stopping and getting off their bikes.

I hear ya... I put it this way: if I see you on a bike and you do not dismount, to me you are considered a vehicle.

Does anyone know if the law agrees with me on this??

Some bonehead got pissed off at me cuz he was cranking it with his bike across an intersection and I drove through... I have no tolerance for people who can not respect drivers in return.

Pedestrians do have the right of way, but they also must respect and adhere to the HTA as well and exercise some sort of common sense.

Redlyne_mr2
09-25-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by method
I dont know why this continent is so hellbent on stopping for people.

you drive home on bow trail in front of the shag golf course... the bus stops, ONE person crosses and it backs up like 50 god damn cars. where's the logic in that? seriously.

still, its the law, and running crosswalks is vehicular manslaughter waiting to happen. :werd:
Screw stopping for a pedestrian, they can wait the extra 2 seconds. Im not going to risk getting rea ended

OPGForce
09-25-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Smokem

I hear ya... I put it this way: if I see you on a bike and you do not dismount, to me you are considered a vehicle.

Does anyone know if the law agrees with me on this??

Yes, I agree with you on this point. If you are still on the bike, and not fully dismounted off the bike, then you must obey the motored vehicle laws of the road.

I got 10 points added to my driver's license road test because I tried to stop for someone crossing the road while they were still on their bike. I was told that they must fully dismount off their bike to have the same rights as a pedestrian while crossing the road.

GTS Jeff
09-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
^^ You should be watching the sidewalks because you never know when some tool is going to step out and if your hauling ass and not paying attention... sure he/she is dead but you have to live with the fact that you killed them. ill watch marked pedestrian crossings because its my responsibility, but i wont watch sidewalks. if some fool jumps off the sidewalk where there is no crossing, then theyve taken their own lives and i have no part in it.

at the marked crossings, i do try to look, but u know when somebody is walking towards the crosswalk, u dont know if theyre actually wanting to cross or if they are just turning to use the adjacent sidewalk.

heh, i dont think this is really an issue tho. ive never run over any pedestrians :D

NiteRider
09-26-2004, 02:38 PM
i stopped for a pedestrian last nite, and while i was stopped he yelled at me to slow down????
i was driving slow in a residential area :dunno:

Smokem
09-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by OPGForce

Yes, I agree with you on this point. If you are still on the bike, and not fully dismounted off the bike, then you must obey the motored vehicle laws of the road.

I got 10 points added to my driver's license road test because I tried to stop for someone crossing the road while they were still on their bike. I was told that they must fully dismount off their bike to have the same rights as a pedestrian while crossing the road.

I'm glad the law is fair and equitable here!

Xtrema
09-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Wow, you paid your cleanning crew well if he drive an Audi. I want to clean your toilet, where do I sign up. :D

C4S
09-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

Totally agree !

Why do some people just jump out the street, without even looking, then the driver need to slump the Brake and stop the car ??

That is what the HORN for ! however I rarely see people use it here .. :(

statick
09-27-2004, 12:12 PM
:werd: , back in the old country, using your horn was mandatory.

Iceman_19
09-28-2004, 07:53 PM
i usually stop at crosswalks if its safe to do so. what ticks me right the fuck off is assholes who cross where ever the fuck they please, and dont wait for you to stop. those people i will do my best to scare the shit out of and yell at. sure its irresponsible, but what the hell. :angel:

ffjames
10-02-2004, 05:52 PM
dont want to get caught doing that shit around here. video cameras watch the whole city. all recorded. they'll find the fucker.

A|pine
10-06-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by bspot
Try crossing in downton Montreal. There are no walk lights there, so you get to an intersection and see a green light, so you start to cross. You just hope someone turning left doesn't smoke you, and then once the light turns yellow 2 steps into the intersection, you better run.

I feel sorry for old ladies in MTL.

ahahaha so tru, my uncle stopped for a pedestrian when he first moved to Montreal. The d00d then waved and told him to carry on.