PDA

View Full Version : Shaq

sexualbanana
09-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Is anyone else starting to get really annoyed with Shaq's constant bitching and complaining about the Lakers? I've been a fan of Shaq since his rookie year. I defended him (not like he really needs it, especially from me) when people say he has no talent besides the natural gift of being a monster.

But honestly, all this bitching is just pissing me off now.

In his latest album, he takes shots at Kobe. Album?? It'll be a runaway success like Shaq Diesel. . . . Or better yet. SHAQ-FU!!

In interviews, he dumps on the Laker front office.

He claims he'll bring the Championship to Miami. Funny, because now, instead of facing the man who stopped you in the Finals (Ben Wallace), you'll MAYBE be facing him in the Conference Finals.

Now, he's saying the Lakers made him scapegoat for not winning the Championship. He and his team were simply outplayed and outworked by the Pistons.

I think all the success is starting to get into that gigantic head of his. If non of you thought his head could be any bigger, he's proving you wrong.

bigboom
09-18-2004, 04:03 PM
i think mainly he is bitching because he had to fight with kobe for the ball even though phil designed the team to run through shaq. kobe ruined a lot of what phil had set up for them and i think thats why shaq blames kobe and the rest of the team.

but i completely agree his ego is getting to his head.

RiCE-DaDDy
09-18-2004, 04:12 PM
yea he said something like "I am like the master and Kobe was the disciple in those old kung-fu movies. Then the disciple turns evil and thinks he can defeat the master" hahahahaha

They say hes looking skinnier now tho
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040830/i/r1996863442.jpg :rofl:

sexualbanana
09-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
i think mainly he is bitching because he had to fight with kobe for the ball even though phil designed the team to run through shaq. kobe ruined a lot of what phil had set up for them and i think thats why shaq blames kobe and the rest of the team.

I'm gonna have to disagree with that one. I mean, I'm sure there were times the system was designed to go through Shaq. But as you can see with the Bulls, the triangle system was a system that revolved around a guy like Michael Jordan.

Nowadays, it's Kobe. They both have a very similar style of play and are both DAMN GOOD. But the Triangle requires 2 versatile players that could switch positions on the wing, and a centre to pick up rebounds, pass to the 2 players on the wing, and when they're not playing him enough - to score. We saw that with Longley, Pippen and Jordan. Where they switched spots often and looked for each other for a pass. As a result the main hub (Jordan) would get his 29+ points a game, Longley would get about 8-10+ and 8+ rebounds, and Pippen would get his 20+ points.

What I saw with the Lakers is a wingman (Kobe) and a center (Shaq) who were actually too dominant for the Triangle because it required them to share the ball and positions, and somewhere in between them would be someone like Rick Fox. Kobe would get his 30+ points a game, but the result would be Shaq gets maybe 15+ and Fox would end up with single digit points. It also worked the other way around, where Shaq would get his points, and Kobe would get half (if he's lucky) and Fox would probably get nothing.

With the Lakers, they let their egos get in the way, and they never actually took in their roles in the system. Shaq wanted his points so he could do his bull gesture on his way back to his defensive end. Kobe wanted the points so he could pad his next contract or his next commercial with highlights.

d-UNiT
09-19-2004, 01:08 AM
your a hypocrite.. now your complaining about shaq..

he is slimmer, and he looks buffer than ever.. its.. definite that his team will go somewhere this season.. no more disputes with coach or kobe.. his supporting cast isnt looking too bad.. i guess we'll have to see come november

sexualbanana
09-19-2004, 01:30 AM
I'm complaining about Shaq's complaining.

RiCE-DaDDy
09-19-2004, 03:00 AM
looks like he's destroying the summer competition hahaa :rofl:

http://img75.exs.cx/img75/2446/shaqfu.jpg
http://img88.exs.cx/img88/3959/shaqfu2.jpg

Leekiwwi
09-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Shaqs a fag, always hated him. Big Baby.
Yao will own him in 2 yrs, hahahah!

sexualbanana
09-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
looks like he's destroying the summer competition hahaa :rofl:

http://img75.exs.cx/img75/2446/shaqfu.jpg
http://img88.exs.cx/img88/3959/shaqfu2.jpg

That's hardly fair!!

Jynx
09-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Leekiwwi
Shaqs a fag, always hated him. Big Baby.
Yao will own him in 2 yrs, hahahah!

Yao will never own shaq

wildrice
09-20-2004, 06:44 PM
what are u talking about, give yao a couple years
all shaq is good for is throwing around his body weight and dunking the ball

saiyajin
09-20-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by wildrice

:werd:

PGTze
09-20-2004, 06:53 PM

you sir, are an idiot :tongue:

no offense or anything

wildrice
09-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

you sir, are an idiot :tongue:

no offense or anything

um...............right
did u just call me an idiot?
and wtf's ur opinion?

sexualbanana
09-20-2004, 06:59 PM

Uh, the only hole he has in his game is his shooting, free-throw and from the field. It's not necessarily he sucks, he's just inconsistent.

Have you ever seen him when his shooting game is on? He's completely unstoppable. For a guy of his size and height, he moves very well.

The only reason he's most known for his inside post game is because that's what he does best, and is most consistent at.

Yao will come into his own soon. He's got the outside shooting, but he doesn't have the bulk to match any NBA centers, and that's where he gets owned.

GingeRRRBeef
09-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Ahhhh it's been a while since I posted something and since y'all be talking about bball and that's right up my alley.

Quite frankly, I understand why people constantly say Shaq is nothing but a big lug that "only throws his weight around." Y'all just don't know basketball. You don't understand the game, don't know how it's played and don't have a clue on what it takes to be a big man. You have no idea how difficult it is to be 7'3", 300+ lbs and move with the quickness and finess that he does. I can pretty much bet on that none of you are 7'3 and 300lbs and you ain't moving half as well as Shaq. Take a look at Yao, he's not even has mobile as Shaq. I know some of you are going to say "Well if I was that big, I'd be in the NBA too." Then I must ask you to name one, just one, other center as big and as mobile as shaq. Right ... that what I thought ... there ain't none.

As for Shaq complaining, I understand what he went through. Without going into too much detail, Shaq, being an offensive player, is accustomed to be the focal point of a teams offense. It is very frustrating for an offensive player not to get the ball, especially when the result is losing. I'm sure you've heard this and it is a cliche, "Winning solve a lot of problems." As long as a player continues to win, he or she will put up with problems. No athlete likes to lose and as soon as it starts all hell breaks loose.

Expect Shaq to dominate again. I'm sure Wade knows his role and Van Gundy will make sure that the offense runs through Shaq. Although, with how extremely weak the East is and its sad state of big men, it might not mean as much as if he was in the West. Miami does lack in depth; besides Eddie Jones and Dwayne Wade they don't have anybody solid to make an impact in the game. It's might be a lil while before the front office surround these guys with a group of solid players with well-defined roles. Without Shaq right now, Miami is not even close to a playoff team. I doubt they can even dish out 30 wins

jasjas
09-20-2004, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
You have no idea how difficult it is to be 7'3 & 300+ lbs and move with the quickness and finess that he does.

Shaq is only 7'1;)

RiCE-DaDDy
09-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Shaq said it was wades team and he's just along for the ride. HAHAHA
Shaq is a big baby and deserves just as much blame as Kobe for their recent failures.

bigboom
09-21-2004, 11:11 AM
whoever said yao will own shaq is gonna eat his own words. yao will never dominate shaq. all those matchups against houston shaq was always double or triple teamed. stick yao on shaq one on one and he has no hope...

Ajay
09-21-2004, 11:18 AM
There is no centre in the NBA right now that can match up with Shaq one on one. And as talented as Yao Ming is he will never be able to shut down Shaq by himself. If Dennis Rodman couldn't do it himself (who probably played Shaq the most physical out of anybody) Yao Ming can't do it.

Shaq is like the modern day Wilt Chamberlain...he's big and tall and can throw his weight around. Just like Wilt there was nobody to stop him back in the day and Shaq has the same advantage. It'll be a good season I think....Miami will finally return to the playoffs and the Lakers will go down in flames without a big man and everyone will see how Kobe will be able to handle the pressure of being the man and leading his team.

sexualbanana
09-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Wallace showed that he can get the job done, and that's why the Pistons won it all.

RiCE-DaDDy
09-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Wallace showed that he can get the job done, and that's why the Pistons won it all.

Not really. They let shaq do what he wanted and if you look at his numbers they were awesome.

sexualbanana
09-21-2004, 11:42 PM

Not really. They let shaq do what he wanted and if you look at his numbers they were awesome.

Shaq's gonna do his damage no matter what. It was the same kind of philosophy they used against Jordan. Let him get his points, just don't let anyone get theres, and make sure you get yours.

sexualbanana
09-21-2004, 11:42 PM

Shaq's gonna do his damage no matter what. It was the same kind of philosophy they used against Jordan. Let him get his points, just don't let anyone get theres, and make sure you get yours.

EDIT: Pressed send to fast. I was gonna say Wallace still did a pretty good job given that he was up against a monster like Shaq. Physically, he's one of the few forwards that can match Shaq.

I'm not quite sure, but what were Wallace's defensive numbers like? He's not a very offensive player, he's more of a rebound and block first kind of player

mo_virgin
09-22-2004, 01:28 AM
For me... the bottom line is simple.

Shaq has game, he is at the top of his game, he has the right to whine.

Besides he's always got witty things to say. He will make a great commentator like Barkley when he retires.

sexualbanana
09-22-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
He will make a great commentator like Barkley when he retires.

Minus the whole I'm a dumb fat bastard thing.

PGTze
09-22-2004, 04:13 PM

um...............right
did u just call me an idiot?
and wtf's ur opinion?

Yes, i sure did.

Maybey you just have never seen Yao play basketball before :dunno:

Anyone with half a brain would take shaq over Yao any day.

lam-boy
09-23-2004, 10:20 AM
http://tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?id=99649

reports : MJ wants to come out of retirement?

he wants to play with Shaq.

wildrice
09-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by PGTze

Yes, i sure did.

Maybey you just have never seen Yao play basketball before :dunno:

Anyone with half a brain would take shaq over Yao any day.

but did i not say that "give yao a couple years"
yes, i agree that shaq is better than yao right now, but is it not possible that in the near future that yao could step up his game??

RiCE-DaDDy
09-23-2004, 02:01 PM
For me... the bottom line is simple.

Besides he's always got witty things to say. He will make a great commentator like Barkley when he retires.

top of his game?? that was like 3 years ago!!!

Not sure bout witty, that's more barkely. Shaq is more stupid.

Didn't work on Jordan's Bulls cause they were a great team in terms of teamwork and chemistry. Fakers were just crap.

sexualbanana
09-23-2004, 08:16 PM

No he doesn't. Just because he's good doesn't mean he has the right to whine. That's like saying Greg Ostertag isn't allowed an opinion because he's an idiot.

Fact of the matter is, he got traded. Whether it was Kobe's idea or not, it's the reality of professional sports. Nowadays, just about every player will switch teams at one point in there career. Whether it is through trade, free agency or coming out of retirement. It's going to happen. No one is safe from player transactions.

I am willing to bet that the reason he's bitter that he got traded is that he learned Kobe has more say in the organization than he does. And it was more of a battle of egos, than it was about actually having to move across the country.

Didn't work on Jordan's Bulls cause they were a great team in terms of teamwork and chemistry. Fakers were just crap.

That's why the Triangle system worked so well for the Bulls. If you try to clamp down on MJ, there's still Pippen, Kukoc and Kerr to relieve the pressure.

Like I said before, the Bulls understood their roles on the team. Pippen, Kerr and Kukoc understood their roles as options for MJ when he would get double-triple-teamed. When the double came, it would leave either one of them open, and they were all dangerous. Longely and Rodman embraced their roles.

Triangle didn't work in LA because you have 2 guys who want to be at the top of that triangle. They were the black holes of basketball. Ball goes in, doesn't come back out to anyone else.

It was a shame to see 2 great players like that dismantle a team because of their egos.