PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Corvette ZO6 Special Edition

Weapon_R
09-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Yesterday my brother in law came over with this monster. He had just picked it up and brought it over to sway me from my love for imports.

And what a convincing argument it was! Nothing in the WORLD will give you the rush of 405 HP and 400lbs torque like this absolute monster did. Whoever said that imports were as good has NEVER sat in a car that can climb to 100km/hr in 4 seconds and do a 1/4 mile in 12

My ass is still permanently embedded in the seat of this beast after the takeoff. It climbs to 200km/h before you can gather enough energy to pull yourself from your seat.

Its incredible. I want one so bad. Nothing else compares. They are beautiful machines :thumbsup:

Weapon_R
09-19-2004, 03:35 PM
405 ponies :drool:

Kid_a
09-19-2004, 03:44 PM
haha you're bald

MK3HKS
09-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Kid_a
haha you're bald

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ekliptix
09-19-2004, 03:55 PM
Wolcome to the world of tq.

3G
09-19-2004, 04:26 PM
:drool: :burnout:

Weapon_R
09-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Kid_a
haha you're bald

:rofl:

Boredom in the summer blows.

googe
09-19-2004, 04:45 PM
another import owner sees the light :D

iceburns288
09-19-2004, 04:50 PM
My neighbors just bought a new Mercury...

Now, before you laugh, it's got 320hp/325tq I think. It's a Maurader, and quite a car at that. The block is MASSIVE and I can't wait to ride in it.

It's got the most aggressive sedan look I've seen... it really looks good. The rims aren't my taste, but whatever. I just wanna buy one to take the the strip after supercharging and rip some Mustang to pieces with my 4-door family car...:rofl: :rofl:

ryder_23
09-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by googe

hahahah :werd:

i usually hate domestics, just not my taste. But these new corvettes, i just LOVE, they look awsome, there performance stats are spectacular. Great cars, and you get alot of bang for your buck. :thumbsup:

Chris Ng
09-19-2004, 05:29 PM
I beg to differ..the Z06 is not a 12 second car .. at least not in calgary..plenty of other imports around town that are faster...

corvettes are a white man's midlife crisis car..

Kid_a
09-19-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Chris Ng
I beg to differ..the Z06 is not a 12 second car .. at least not in calgary..plenty of other imports around town that are faster...

corvettes are a white man's midlife crisis car..

Yes, there are plenty of imports with tens of thousands of dollars put into them who can compete with this stock car. Congrats to them

Weapon_R
09-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Chris Ng

:whocares:

Great. The Z06 is an unreal machine, and not many cars can touch it. That is, unless you mortgage your house to make your import faster.

Weapon_R
09-19-2004, 05:58 PM

Last night we lined up against an STi coincidentally.

If anyone here drives a blue STi, thanks for the laugh. Revving your motor against this thing only made blowing your doors out of the water that much sweeter.

The STi did hang with us til first gear, but after 2nd, we walked away from it. I was in the drivers seat if your on this board.

MintRacer
09-19-2004, 06:00 PM
"Yes, there are plenty of imports with tens of thousands of dollars put into them who can compete with this stock car. Congrats to them"

Not the case.. there was a article in Car and Driver a while back.. battle of the 4cylinders.. even the Comptech S2000 couldn't do a lap faster than a Stock Z06

NickGT
09-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
Welcome to the world of tq.

:werd: Torque is goooooood. :burnout:

Kid_a
09-19-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by MintRacer

Not the case.. there was a article in Car and Driver a while back.. battle of the 4cylinders.. even the Comptech S2000 couldn't do a lap faster than a Stock Z06

Proves my point even further.

BumpinTalon
09-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Reading things like this makes me want to sell my Talon and get a Camaro.

Akagi Redsuns
09-19-2004, 07:02 PM
I do like the C5 Vettes, especially the Z06. It's has great power and can actually handle and tear up the racetrack (drag strip and roadcourse). About time GM got it right. Next up, they have to do something about that interior! Feels like every other GM car out there....time to do something to make it feel more upscale. Maybe the C6 has improved on this? I hope so because it feels like a step backward looking at the exterior.....not a fan of the restyle myself.

It's the best stock bang for the dollar car there is. Performance wise it is comparable to Porsches, NSXs and the Viper. Of course it doesn't have the prestige of those names and has the perception for being a white man's midlife crisis car versus a serious all-around performance machine.

awd
09-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Nice vette! 2005s are disgusting.

Originally posted by Weapon_R
If anyone here drives a blue STi, thanks for the laugh. Revving your motor against this thing only made blowing your doors out of the water that much sweeter.

Well, for an extra $30,000+ I should hope so.

brncojay
09-19-2004, 08:47 PM
I beg to differ..the Z06 is not a 12 second car ..

Actually, they are low 12.s, seen one even run 11's, Stock

dj_honda
09-19-2004, 08:51 PM
lucky guy man, i always dream of driving those things haha. i parked next to some guys maroon non z06 c5 convertible at work all summer.

actually theres another sweet one i know of. the company i work for in the summer, the owners son has a black z06, that he converted to a convertible, and threw a vortech supercharger on it. i think it was in world of wheels. i wish i had a ride in that haha.

DefektiveVibe
09-19-2004, 09:00 PM
nice car :thumbsup:

Gripenfelter
09-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Torque talks. Bullshit walks. :D

googe
09-20-2004, 12:58 AM
man, even as an import owner, saying theres plenty of imports that can walk on a z06 is just ignorant. its funny how much work and money you have to put into a car to make it even give a STOCK z06 a run for its money. while youre pushing the limits of your highly modded car, its not even breaking a sweat. throw a blower on it, and its game over.

"technology" is no replacement for displacement, because you can just as easily apply it to the car with real displacement and raise the bar the same amount :)

LamE
09-20-2004, 02:03 AM
Very nice!!!

Weapon_R
09-20-2004, 02:24 AM
man, even as an import owner, saying theres plenty of imports that can walk on a z06 is just ignorant. its funny how much work and money you have to put into a car to make it even give a STOCK z06 a run for its money. while youre pushing the limits of your highly modded car, its not even breaking a sweat. throw a blower on it, and its game over.

"technology" is no replacement for displacement, because you can just as easily apply it to the car with real displacement and raise the bar the same amount :)

And even if it were able to compete, there is no way you can match the finesse of that vehicle. You can drive it at 50kms/h like any other vehicle on the street, with such driveability that its
surprising that its the same beast that throws you hard into your seat as soon as you breath on the gas pedal

benyl
09-20-2004, 07:58 AM
When looking for my car, the C5 was in the running... that is until everyone told me that if I buy one, it would be as though I was compensating for something!

The Z06 is a monster.

gorillam
09-20-2004, 01:23 PM
try a viper!

corvettekid
09-20-2004, 01:45 PM
i sold my 98 corvette in hopes of buying the c6 zo7. however, i moved recently out of the US to the caribbean and it is not possible to drive a corvette on the island. i really miss being able to drive it :( they really are a blast to drive.

E36M3
09-20-2004, 01:46 PM
I find it hard to believe that anyone would argue that the Z06 is not an amazing machine, particularly from an American manufacturer.

What is equally amazing is the amount of performance you get for the price. To compete on this level, you'd have to pay a hell of a lot more from any other manufacturer that I know of, domestic or otherwise. I personally think the Z06 is a better car the Vipers (save the ACR) in pretty much every way possible, especially as a combo daily driver/track whore.

Having said that, my import can bury the Corvettes on the stoplight or at a roll, but probably not much against a Z06 and it certainly isn't cost competitive.

HillBilly
09-20-2004, 02:08 PM
without argument, THE best sports car value for under $100,000.
It keeps up with the Italians at one fifth the cost. (with one fifth the prestige of course)

googe
09-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by benyl
When looking for my car, the C5 was in the running... that is until everyone told me that if I buy one, it would be as though I was compensating for something!

The Z06 is a monster.

Same, except everyone told me that its for old men and you need a mullet to own one :( Ultimately I decided its just not a Calgary car with our long winters, but I'll still always want one :) Some day....

Nothing beats the STI in the winter though, its a riot :D

E36M3
09-20-2004, 02:33 PM
No doubt about that.. I can imagine the STI would be an absolute blast in the winter. Are dealers discounting them at all?

Same, except everyone told me that its for old men and you need a mullet to own one :( Ultimately I decided its just not a Calgary car with our long winters, but I'll still always want one :) Some day....

Nothing beats the STI in the winter though, its a riot :D

gorillam
09-20-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
I find it hard to believe that anyone would argue that the Z06 is not an amazing machine, particularly from an American manufacturer.

What is equally amazing is the amount of performance you get for the price. To compete on this level, you'd have to pay a hell of a lot more from any other manufacturer that I know of, domestic or otherwise. I personally think the Z06 is a better car the Vipers (save the ACR) in pretty much every way possible, especially as a combo daily driver/track whore.

Having said that, my import can bury the Corvettes on the stoplight or at a roll, but probably not much against a Z06 and it certainly isn't cost competitive.

No, vipers are faster handle better and are built for 1 purpose RACING. Where as the covettes are luxuary preformers, there is a large difference between the cars, torque handling, ride height, ride stiffeness (viper is rough).

Sorry, but the z06/z07 and Vipers are totally differn't.

I have auto-x'd both cars, and daily driven both, I am not biased I hate dodge, but the viper is a stronger preformer and is in no way a luxury car, where as the covette has heads up display, message center, easy entry into the car, plush seats, soft ride, adjustable suspension control, traction control....

you get the picture.

And if you want proof ill send you my 120Mb vid of me auto-xing my gts (fathers).

E36M3
09-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Well I think that the current Z06 is probably very competitive with previous generation Viper GTS.. I would be surprised if it was faster in any way (haven't checked, but it seems highly unlikely to me). As for handling, it is so subjective that I can't really say which would be better. To me, the Z06s handling is far superior to the old Vipers.. the new SRT-10 are certainly very close though (although very different, what I mean is that they are both great).

In reality, they are quite different beasts, as the Z06 is far more refined but at least 95% the performance of an SRT-10 at a much lower price and certainly a better overall performer than the GTS.

Originally posted by gorillam

No, vipers are faster handle better and are built for 1 purpose RACING. Where as the covettes are luxuary preformers, there is a large difference between the cars, torque handling, ride height, ride stiffeness (viper is rough).

Sorry, but the z06/z07 and Vipers are totally differn't.

I have auto-x'd both cars, and daily driven both, I am not biased I hate dodge, but the viper is a stronger preformer and is in no way a luxury car, where as the covette has heads up display, message center, easy entry into the car, plush seats, soft ride, adjustable suspension control, traction control....

you get the picture.

And if you want proof ill send you my 120Mb vid of me auto-xing my gts (fathers).

ramminghard
09-20-2004, 03:25 PM
whats MSRP on a new corvette?

Weapon_R
09-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by ramminghard

That specific model was $92,020 new. It was more than your average corvette because the dealership gave him a 40k trade in value for his Camaro, so there was little room for negotiation.

iceburns288
09-20-2004, 04:46 PM
45k US. A lot CAD lol...

Vipers (the SRT-10s) are like 90k US though!:eek:

E36M3
09-20-2004, 05:47 PM
At the Chevy dealer at Macleod / Glenmore (Jack Carter) I think the Z06 they have in the showroom is discounted about 15k, so I think you could get one for about 70k or even less.

Originally posted by ramminghard

googe
09-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

That specific model was $92,020 new. It was more than your average corvette because the dealership gave him a 40k trade in value for his Camaro, so there was little room for negotiation.

why so much? sticker is like 82k, and they can be had for less

shaganappi does the supercharged z06 every year, and they only ask 95 for that i believe

Akagi Redsuns
09-21-2004, 02:30 AM
Must be a numbers game to cook the books and the price at the end of the day would be around MSRP??? I mean who would give a trade in value of $40K for a Camaro????

Weapon_R
09-21-2004, 10:40 AM

why so much? sticker is like 82k, and they can be had for less

shaganappi does the supercharged z06 every year, and they only ask 95 for that i believe

Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
Must be a numbers game to cook the books and the price at the end of the day would be around MSRP??? I mean who would give a trade in value of $40K for a Camaro????

Exactly. The camaro was given a VERY fair trade in value, yet the sticker price for the vette was very high. Its fair to say that he was given the high trade in value, but made to pay for it with the high cost of the vette. They justified it with the SE badging and such, and he knows he paid a lot, but there wasn't much room to negotiate knowing that he was given an unbelievable trade in value. Btw - it wasn't just a camaro. It was a ram air, so they still do go for a premium.

Freebs
09-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Yes i know what its like. I learned how to drive when i was 14 in my dad 87 Buick GNX (Grand National) turboed around 500hp and 620LBS of tourqe :)