PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race Finale *SPOILERS*

rage2
09-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Finale's coming on Tuesday... getting more and more exciting!

Anyone see the preview clips? It shows Canada Olympic Park in Calgary... mountain biking down the ski hill. I thought they were going to Banff and building a teepee or some shit, based on the Calgary sun article and other various forum sources. Maybe they're doing both.

Anyone else following the show?

rage2
09-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Ooh... spoiler pics from Banff. Shows the last 3 teams that made it out of the Phillipines.

http://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/000376.html

JordanLotoski
09-19-2004, 08:44 PM
i follow it...great show....id go on there for free, dont even care of there was a prize

DefektiveVibe
09-19-2004, 08:57 PM
WHAT?!?!! they came to calgary?

this show is "amazing" haha hope theres more coming after this one

Chim
09-19-2004, 09:22 PM
what time and channel on tues?

it better not conflict with my other fav show

tsi_neal
09-19-2004, 09:26 PM
I must say im getting pretty excited about the finale, havent missed a show. makes me want to dig out the passport and do some more traveling!

GO chip and kim!!!

fast95pony
09-19-2004, 09:34 PM
I thought I was the only fan ! :D
I actually really like it. I like to travel and the show gives glimpses of a lot of countries.
I'm also a big fan of Survivor :tongue:
There's quite a few hotties on the new show..
:love:

ChadL
09-19-2004, 10:03 PM
They hit up banff to go ice climbing or something.. COP is in it? that's awesome!

rage2
09-19-2004, 10:29 PM
banff looks like a roadblock (only 1 member building teepee). COP looks like a detour.

Shaolin
09-20-2004, 09:11 PM
is it on tonight? i don't see it on tvtimes? :dunno:

rage2
09-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Tonight is Monday. Tomorrow it's tuesday haha.

sputnik
09-21-2004, 07:44 AM
A couple of months ago a friend of mine was at the Greyhound station picking up a package and saw them all getting tickets to take the bus to Banff.

Shaolin
09-21-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Tonight is Monday. Tomorrow it's tuesday haha.

omfg, i can't believe i asked that question hahahahaha.

yeah... it was a long day yesterday :D

B17a
09-21-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by tsi_neal
I must say im getting pretty excited about the finale, havent missed a show. makes me want to dig out the passport and do some more traveling!

GO chip and kim!!!

Chip and Kim would be nice, but I think Colin and Christie are pretty strong, as long as Colin doesn't blow up. HEre is yet another example of "how did that girl end up with this asshole"?

G
09-21-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by B17a

Chip and Kim would be nice, but I think Colin and Christie are pretty strong, as long as Colin doesn't blow up. HEre is yet another example of "how did that girl end up with this asshole"?

That bitch ain't no angel either. "Run them over they're not important...we got yielded..."

B17a
09-21-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by G

That bitch ain't no angel either. "Run them over they're not important...we got yielded..."

She's hot though, that buys a lot of leeway when I form my opinions!:bigpimp:

Paul
09-21-2004, 04:27 PM
friend of mine works at the airport. he said when they came in to fly out of calgary it was a fucked up day there. They had planes fogged in early in the morning and then when they were booking seats the power went out twice. anyways he told me the teams and who made it to their flights first (but i won't spoil it for the rest of you) but i think their connection was to dallas? denver? anyways it started with a D

rage2
09-21-2004, 05:28 PM
Dallas is the end of the race from what I read on other forums. And they flew thru to Denver to get to Dallas.

Chim
09-21-2004, 05:45 PM
I want the soccer moms to win, it'd be funny

gongSHOW
09-21-2004, 09:49 PM
I hate colin and christie, man I can't stand them, all the crap about Karma, its a TV show and you got yielded, what do you expect to happen

rage2
09-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Sweet ending... tons of familiar sights cuz they ran most of leg 13 in Calgary. Too bad they edited the Banff roadblock section out... I guess it wouldn't make for great TV building teepees haha.

Colin&Christie and the bible thumpers got owned by the checking in their bags because of FAA regulations. I got owned by that rule (must fly with bags) before and it sucks harsh. Too bad they didn't fly air canada, half the time my bags gets lost and don't fly with me so that rule must not apply to them :).

Chip and Kim totally deserved to win. Black Power!

Shaolin
09-21-2004, 10:03 PM
dam.. i'm still catchin it right now.. must suck walking up sunshine though.. dam haha.. oh well, chip and kim wins, i'm still going to watch the whole thing :D

blinkme_210
09-21-2004, 10:14 PM
Sweet ending... tons of familiar sights cuz they ran most of leg 13 in Calgary. Too bad they edited the Banff roadblock section out... I guess it wouldn't make for great TV building teepees haha.

I'm lost. So then wouldn't the clues say something about a roadblock when they reached Sunshine or when they left Phillippines?

CRXguy
09-21-2004, 10:16 PM

Chip and Kim totally deserved to win. Black Power!

Fuck, shoulda scrolled down faster!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Chip and Kim deserve it then.

Brandon and Nicole are useless, especially Nicole. It was funny watching her cry trying to ride down the bike slalom. :rofl:

Colin's an asshole! :drama: :guns:

Shaolin
09-21-2004, 10:18 PM
haha yeah Colin's a dinkus.. what a monkey.. Nicole needs to calm down, holy cripes.. just breaks down and loses it.

why didn't they adjust the seat for her.. or is she really THAT short? :dunno:

blinkme_210
09-21-2004, 10:22 PM
ROFL!!!! Chip flipping over on the Luge twice! :rofl:

rage2
09-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by blinkme_210
I'm lost. So then wouldn't the clues say something about a roadblock when they reached Sunshine or when they left Phillippines?
I'm gonna rewatch it to see how they edited it. I believe the Banff stage that they left out was between the airport and sunshine. Notice how they took an airport cab (brown in color) but arrived in sunshine in white cabs. That, and chip and kim were WAY behind arriving at sunshine.

The spoiler pics and description from the first post also says that the teams arrived pretty much all together, which would make sense if they came from the airport together. Chip must've had problems building that Teepee! :)

rage2
09-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Ok here's how the editing went to skip the Banff section.

The clips of the teams only show them saying "Make your way to the city of Calgary, in Alberta Canada" and "You have $680 for this leg of the race". Then Phil jumped in and described the leg from Phillipines, to Calgary, to Lookout Mountain. The teams' clue probably shows the Banff and the Teepee, just edited out.

For the taxi scene at the airport when they got into Calgary, it shows them jumping in the cab, with 2 of the teams' voices edited in while getting in the cab saying "lookout mountain". So you never actually see them tell the cab driver at Calgary Airport to go there.

Besides, like any of our talented taxi drivers know where the hell Lookout mountain is. When I took the cab there on Sunday, I told the taxi driver Arbour Lake, and he thought it was in the south by Canyon Meadows :rofl:.

benyl
09-21-2004, 10:53 PM
haha, that model chick was so pathetic on the mountain bike!

blinkme_210
09-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Thanks for clearing it all up rage :thumbsup:

tsi_neal
09-21-2004, 11:20 PM
Sweet ending, im totally happy that chip and kim got it. Really i think them and the moms worked best as a team. No bloody annoying bitching at each other just totaly calm and happy.

sputnik
09-22-2004, 07:05 AM

I'm gonna rewatch it to see how they edited it. I believe the Banff stage that they left out was between the airport and sunshine. Notice how they took an airport cab (brown in color) but arrived in sunshine in white cabs. That, and chip and kim were WAY behind arriving at sunshine.

The spoiler pics and description from the first post also says that the teams arrived pretty much all together, which would make sense if they came from the airport together. Chip must've had problems building that Teepee! :)

I noticed that cab change too.

Did it also seem weird that Chip and Kim spent a hell of a lot of time in the parking lot getting dressed?

I wonder why they editted out the part in Banff.

B17a
09-22-2004, 07:32 AM
I find it funny that Brandon and Nicky were whining that Chip lied to them and all when they were doing the flag thing in the Philipines. They should have gotten their own lazy asses out of the boat instead of being sheep! Good show this time, I'm just glad that bitch and her midget cousin didn't get too far, if they had won I'd never watch that show again!

Gonthro
09-22-2004, 07:56 AM
I find it funny that Brandon and Nicky were whining that Chip lied to them and all when they were doing the flag thing in the Philipines. They should have gotten their own lazy asses out of the boat instead of being sheep! Good show this time, I'm just glad that bitch and her midget cousin didn't get too far, if they had won I'd never watch that show again! :werd:

i wanna play midget tossing with her. i dont think anybody has EVER annoyed me more than her.

i never watched much of the show... actually i know watched the last show... but from one episode i could tell who were the best together.... i think chip and kim were so good together because kim never said a word :P

B17a
09-22-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Gonthro
:werd:

i wanna play midget tossing with her. i dont think anybody has EVER annoyed me more than her.

i never watched much of the show... actually i know watched the last show... but from one episode i could tell who were the best together.... i think chip and kim were so good together because kim never said a word :P
I found the blonde more annoying than the midget, sorry, small person. As far as Chip and Kim go, I watched the whole series and don't recall her ever doing any of the roadblocks or voluntary challenges. I think chip did every one of them. I'm really not sure what Kim's contribution to the "team" effort was.

rage2
09-22-2004, 10:11 AM
I found the blonde more annoying than the midget, sorry, small person.
The midget was annoying, the blonde was more, but the bible thumpers tops the list of annoying people.

"Nicky, just imagine Jesus is at the top of the mountain, with his hands open for you".

That's the gayest shit I've EVER heard.

As far as Chip and Kim go, I watched the whole series and don't recall her ever doing any of the roadblocks or voluntary challenges. I think chip did every one of them. I'm really not sure what Kim's contribution to the "team" effort was.
Kim contributed twice if I remember right. She helped loading the sheep into the boat in one of the challenges, and she basically won the race for her and Chip by finding out about the delayed flight on last night's finale, and getting confirmed tickets on the Calgary --> Denver --> Dallas flight.

rage2
09-22-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
I wonder why they editted out the part in Banff.
1. Time
2. How exciting can building a Teepee be? :rofl:.

The spoilers were right about the teepee being the roadblock. Since it was edited out, there was no roadblock at all in Leg 13 on TV.

B17a
09-22-2004, 10:51 AM

The midget was annoying, the blonde was more, but the bible thumpers tops the list of annoying people.

"Nicky, just imagine Jesus is at the top of the mountain, with his hands open for you".

That's the gayest shit I've EVER heard.

Kim contributed twice if I remember right. She helped loading the sheep into the boat in one of the challenges, and she basically won the race for her and Chip by finding out about the delayed flight on last night's finale, and getting confirmed tickets on the Calgary --> Denver --> Dallas flight.

Brandon's just saying whatever to bag her, for his sake that's what I hope is the reason for lines like that! And Kim, being dead last getting to the airport resulted in them finding out the delay, no skill involved. Oh yeah, I think Colin is a future wife beater.

GreyFox
09-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Yea, I totally think that Chip and Kim deserved to win for the simple fact that they were the only ones who actually played the game. They were the only ones to use the yield, and they lied to people to get ahead!

Props to colin and christie though, they were by far the strongest team out there, and if not for bad luck at the airport they would've won by a mile or so. And they're pretty smart too...hiring a fast taxi cab for dallas from calgary. wow that cab driver they had was nuts haha. On the other hand, they probably won around 100k worth of trips, so good for them.

This is actually the first amazing race I've watched, and I loved it! Been rooting for chip and kim since like half way through haha. Good show though!

Oh, and no offense to people who are religious and stuff, but nicole and brandon CONSTANTLY prayin was startin to get annoying. "Oh god, please help us", "If lord wants us to win then theres nothing to stop us" etc... got sick of that towards the end.

rage2
09-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by GreyFox
Oh, and no offense to people who are religious and stuff, but nicole and brandon CONSTANTLY prayin was startin to get annoying. "Oh god, please help us", "If lord wants us to win then theres nothing to stop us" etc... got sick of that towards the end.
haha, ya, it was definately annoying. I guess god didn't want them to win! He was probably fed up with all their prayers haha.

B17a
09-22-2004, 11:17 AM
I have only watched this season and last season's. I distinctly remember in last season the gay couple that won, got all pissy and yelled "speak english" to some Korean cab driver. Then this year the two fat brothers said something about "all these foreigners" when they were in India. Thanks for reinforcing the ignorant American stereotypes guys!:D

sputnik
09-22-2004, 11:20 AM
Something to think about... chip/kim and brandon/nicole are probably the same religion.

However brandon and nicole are the people who keep the stereotypes alive. Basically people who think that God is a vending machine and if they are Christians that God will bless EVERYTHING that they do. I hated everytime they said something "religious" because 99% of the time it was basically asking God for a miracle and a million dollars. The sad part is that they probably think that they are being a role model for their faith... but they are falling flat on their face.

Chip and Kim in contrast were VERY humble the entire time and they really seemed to both enjoy the entire experience.

benyl
09-22-2004, 11:35 AM
I only watched last night's episode.

I wanted Chip and Kim to win cause they were having fun. Dumping the luge twice was hillarious.

The dating models were pathetic. I think God was embarrassed by them and didn't let them win... haha

legendboy
09-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by GreyFox

I made a prayer to satan that they don't win just because of that :rofl:

Johnny C
09-22-2004, 12:10 PM

Oh yeah, I think Colin is a future wife beater.

hhahah :rofl: Yea maybe, but he wanted to win. He tried the hardest imo.

fast95pony
09-22-2004, 02:29 PM
I'm glad Chip and Kim won too. The other 2 women were such whining babies.

One minor point . I didn't think there were direct flights from
Manilla to Calgary ??

blinkme_210
09-22-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony
I'm glad Chip and Kim won too. The other 2 women were such whining babies.

One minor point . I didn't think there were direct flights from
Manilla to Calgary ??

Yeh, they edited out so much stuff, and lots of random stuff too. Like the airplanes, I KNOW that Singapore Airlines doesn't fly to Calgary, cause I fly Singapore every year, but that was the plane that they showed bringing them into Calgary. Or they would leave in a Boeing 707, and arrive in a 747.

Paul
09-22-2004, 05:32 PM
haha, i saw my friend on lastnights episode, he even got a line in there:

contestant: "so the flight is delayed"

my friend: "4 hours"

sweeeeet....haha

no_joke
09-22-2004, 07:14 PM
Wow, I thought no one watched this show but me... :rofl:
Seriously, two pages on one episode (albeit finale) in three days? We should've had a TAR thread since episode 1!

Anyways, Chip and Kim definately deserved to win. Chipper got on my nerves when he stopped the twins from getting in the cab in South America but except for that moment he was a super-nice guy. Kim did do one of the Roadblocks, I think, because one episode featured her contribution to the team. Still, the finale showed how a lot of the game comes down to luck.

Colin is in short, the biggest ASSHOLE in the world. What the hell is a girl like Christie doing with him? But except for his nasty side, he was an amazing player. I've watched all five Amazing Races (each episode baby!) and I would have to say he was the best competitor they've ever had. If anyone remembers Zach (won TAR 3 with Flo), he and Colin would be The Amazing Race All-Stars. Then, Nicole and Flo could team up to be TAR Ultimate Cry-Babies.

rage2
09-22-2004, 11:31 PM
Well, let's start it for TAR6, starts in Oct!

Melinda
09-22-2004, 11:42 PM
When in october rage?

lam-boy
09-22-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Paul
haha, i saw my friend on lastnights episode, he even got a line in there:

contestant: "so the flight is delayed"

my friend: "4 hours"

sweeeeet....haha

haha, I went to work today and my co-workers were like
"Did you watch amazing race?!" one of my co-workers husband was on there.

Melinda
09-22-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
When in october rage?
Nevermind, I found it...One page says the 2nd of october and one page says Sept 25??? :confused:

rage2
09-23-2004, 10:28 AM
It was moved from Sept 25th to Oct 2nd (Saturday). Cold Case rerun showing on Sept 25th when it was supposed to debut.

There's also word as of yesterday that they're moving the date AGAIN. TAR5 did so well in ratings and with its 2nd Emmy, it looks like they're going to hold off on it to see how their other new shows do, and throw it in for sweeps week in November to get ratings. That's what I heard on some show last night. That and they originally had it in the Saturday night (low ratings) timeslot, which it doesn't belong in.

The CBS website shows Thursday Oct 2nd... which is messed up because Oct 2nd is a Saturday.

tsi_neal
09-23-2004, 10:46 AM
well if they end up putting it on saturday there is very little chance that ill be watching it, would be a total shame as im sure ALOT of people will think the same way.

Really i dont watch much TV, well its totaled about 1-2hours a week since TAR started in the summer, so i actually have to plan it into my days. So at that im REALLY hoping they keep it on tuesday nights (and it would be nice if they keep scrubs right after it, damn is that show ever good)