PDA

View Full Version : Fitting CD Players..[please read]

[CyRus]
09-20-2004, 09:01 AM
I want to buy a CD player for my Fiesta MK4 but havent got a clue about fitting it and i don't want to pay for such a simple job.

I know ill need the ford adapter to get it connected but is wiring it up and fitting the new mouldings / taking of the old one a hard job or will a novice like me be able to do it.

Cheers.

Gonthro
09-20-2004, 09:11 AM
you can buy a plastic adapter for the moulding and it is very simple to intall... also if you buy a wiring harness as long as you have the wiring scheme for the deck you are goign to install it should be very very simple... the deck and the harness will tell you which wire does what... stick em together, tape em, and you;'re good to go

[CyRus]
09-20-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Gonthro
you can buy a plastic adapter for the moulding and it is very simple to intall... also if you buy a wiring harness as long as you have the wiring scheme for the deck you are goign to install it should be very very simple... the deck and the harness will tell you which wire does what... stick em together, tape em, and you;'re good to go

But i've got to take the current one out also and i aint got the keys or whatever they'll called to take it out.

What do you mean buy an adapter for the moudlings, i just thought the right model would fit right on my original one.

And a wiring harness is......? :confused: :nut:

Gonthro
09-20-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by [CyRus]

But i've got to take the current one out also and i aint got the keys or whatever they'll called to take it out.

What do you mean buy an adapter for the moudlings, i just thought the right model would fit right on my original one.

And a wiring harness is......? :confused: :nut:

get someoen else to do it.

spike98
09-20-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Gonthro

get someoen else to do it.

Thats what i think too. It isn't as simple as you may think it is. If you can't even get the OEM one out then you are going to have a rough time. To get a shop to do it is nothing at all. I think they charge like $50. Most times if you buy a CD player from a shop they will install it for you for free. Just the cost of supplies.

You can seriously mess some stuff up if you DIY and you do it wrong. I can do them pretty easily but i have done about 50 in my time.

Don't risk it. Get a pro to do it.

Gonthro
09-20-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by spike98

Thats what i think too. It isn't as simple as you may think it is. If you can't even get the OEM one out then you are going to have a rough time. To get a shop to do it is nothing at all. I think they charge like $50. Most times if you buy a CD player from a shop they will install it for you for free. Just the cost of supplies.

You can seriously mess some stuff up if you DIY and you do it wrong. I can do them pretty easily but i have done about 50 in my time.

Don't risk it. Get a pro to do it. :werd: