PDA

View Full Version : Older Toyota Parts

Khyron
09-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Just wondering which store has the best selection of misc parts for older (85 supra/celica) like shift knobs, steering wheels, panels, etc? For VWs we have C1 in town, but Speed/Contemp seem to cater to the newer stuff.

The main thing I need is that 4 inch wide panel that goes the width of the car at the bottom of the windshield - 250 bucks from the dealer. I'm sure someone could fab new ones for cheaper?

Khyron

QuasarCav
09-20-2004, 03:35 PM
I know you made a post earlier about junkyards, did you check them out?

PYP has quite a few celica/supras.

Khyron
09-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Yah I went on Saturday - that panel I need rusts to dust on EVERY model lol. I ended up getting nothing - the cars were either plundered or in worse shape than mine. But then I was thinking about a new knob and wheel, maybe pedals etc and couldn't think of a store that caters to the old stuff.

Khyron

GTS Jeff
09-20-2004, 07:25 PM
most old toyotas use the same shift knob thread, so u can grab a shiftknob from a different model or u can get a cheap trd knob.

as for steering wheels, u can use other models wheels or u can get a hub/adapter and use any aftermarket wheel. as for pedals...hmm i dunno ive never once even looked into that area.

pitz
10-20-2004, 09:26 AM
or you can ask my b.f. on mr2oc.com under socalmr2 they know
where to find those. board name "andrewc":eek: