PDA

View Full Version : Need car selling info

civicluva
09-20-2004, 04:15 PM
So I sold this beater car to a guy for $500.00 a few months ago. We both have signatures on the bill of sales that I got from the reg. office. They said that I should just keep it and they won't need to have a copy (so im like alright). We had 2 copies, I have one he has the other. I handed over the title, etc after he signed the bill of sale, paid, and bull shit then he puts on a plate and takes the car. He being a dumb ass, doesn't register/insure the car apparently, gets caught and today I receive a fucking paper stating that I have to pay all these impound fees, etc :eek: adds up to like $700.00. WTF.

Now what should I do? :thumbsdow IDIOTS.

Gonthro
09-20-2004, 04:17 PM
just ignore it... the impound lot will sell the car and that will be that.

civicluva
09-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Wont they give me bad credit or something :confused:

civicluva
09-21-2004, 12:29 PM
bumping the thread just for more info :)

QuasarCav
09-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by civicluva
bumping the thread just for more info :)

PM redline_13000, he had the same thing happen.

I bought a pulsar from him and it sat at my friends farm until I sold it. When I sold it the guys who bought it from me obviously trashed it and left it on the side of the road. Redline was the last registered owner and got a ticket for 300+ for abandoning a car and towing fees.

Pretty much your SOL unless you can prove it's not your car. A bill of sale would help.

stardust
09-21-2004, 08:48 PM
I admit I don't know much about this, but if you have the Bill of Sale proving you sold the car to him, shouldn't that be proof enough that you're not responsible? Call up the Motor Vehicle Branch, or a Registry office and explain the situation. Wouldn't the Registry office where you had the title transferred over have record, too?

redline_13000
09-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

PM redline_13000, he had the same thing happen.

I bought a pulsar from him and it sat at my friends farm until I sold it. When I sold it the guys who bought it from me obviously trashed it and left it on the side of the road. Redline was the last registered owner and got a ticket for 300+ for abandoning a car and towing fees.

Pretty much your SOL unless you can prove it's not your car. A bill of sale would help.

Ya true, I dont even know what happened, did they call u at all?

civicluva
09-22-2004, 12:16 PM
no they haven't called me but i will be calling them so clear things up. :)