PDA

View Full Version : Digitally Blue Impreza

civicluva
09-20-2004, 10:14 PM
I was driving home today and behind me was a newer white impreza with awesome headlights. It was white with a hint of blue. There was vinyl on the side of the car said digitally blue or something.

Anyone know what kind of HID kit hes got? I want some :thumbsup:

Seanith
09-20-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by civicluva

Anyone know what kind of HID kit hes got? I want some :thumbsup:

I think he has 8000k... its a helios kit.

NickGT
09-20-2004, 10:35 PM
If this is the same white impreza I had following me the other night on mcleod trail, he should adjust them cause they are SO fucking bright its unreal. I couldn't see shit out of either of my side mirrors or my rear view. Not to mention they were reflecting straight into the eyes and his car was quite a ways back. Eventually I just let him pass me as I was tired of having my eyeballs cooked by those lights. Just a heads up before buddy gets pulled over, because trust me, he will. SO bright.

Will@STRD
09-20-2004, 10:50 PM
its 9000K Helios HID Kit

JAYMEZ
09-20-2004, 10:58 PM
I think he is on this board or it might be nasioc , he was at the subaru meet. Only thing bad about his lights are when he was goin over bumps they flicker on and off..

ZorroAMG
09-20-2004, 11:16 PM
LOL @ N/A spec headlights with HID retro-fits...point 'em down, numb nuts!

Seanith
09-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
I think he is on this board or it might be nasioc

His name on beyond is Digi :thumbsup:

civicluva
09-21-2004, 11:55 AM
What are retro fit anyways? I saw some hid kits but some are retrofit and others arent. Whats the diff? I will have to get a black housing too if i get a some hids. Dont want it to reflect like hell :)

Also WILL@STRD do you guys have any in stock (9000K)? :bigpimp:

bspot
09-21-2004, 01:06 PM
ugh.. please don't put "9000k" HID's in.

These are junk. Its not that they are bright that they are hurting your eyes, its because they produce an insane amount of glare.

right around 4100K are the brightest you can get. Get either a Philips system or go with Hella. I think phillips has 4100, 5000 and 6000K bulbs available. 6000K and you are starting to lose alot of brightness.

Alot of the cheap bulbs are tinted glass, and the blue/purple color isn't produced by the gas inside at all.

If you want your car to have cool looking purple/blue headlights like a bmw/audi etc, then do a projector retrofit. Its the lens flicker that causes the color, NOT the bulbs. If you sit in one of these vehicles you will see the light beam looks pure white, and gives great visibility. The purple color is only when you are looking at the lens from outside the beam cut off.

civicluva
09-21-2004, 01:23 PM
I know you probably think its gay and stuff but I like it. I will definitly mod my housing so its not eye blinding. I like the blueish color.

But as for your retrofit, what is it and how would I go about doing it? Are the phillips blue at all?

bspot
09-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Yes, the 6000K ones are a nice cool blue from what I have seen. Although I haven't seen them not run through projectors.

A retrofit is when you take projectors (usually out of a junked car) and put them in your existing housing. Like I say, if you got the 6000K phillips bulbs, with projectors, you wouldn't be blinding anyone because the beam projection is so clean and cut off, and they would still be nice and bright so you can see where you are going, and would look really cool too, being a bit bluer than normal stock HID's.

Check here for a good place out east: www.xenonfactory.com

When comparing prices remember you pay an ass load of customs fees if you import from the US.

GT2NV
09-21-2004, 03:37 PM
haha george you aint foolin me, those arent hid's there apc blue bulbs:rofl: :rofl:

digi
09-21-2004, 03:41 PM
Hey there...that impreza is me :)

Ive got Helios 9000 K from speedtech.
Im pretty happy with em.

They arent flickering when i go over bumps, only when I start my car and have my daytime lights on... They dont flicker anytime else after that. Ur not supposed to have them with ur daytimes running, but they seem to work fine after the car has been running for a couple mins....so ah well.

Maybe i should adjust em downwards, they are riding at the normal level. Sorry to all the ppl I have blinded.

digi
09-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Matt, F u
haha

GT2NV
09-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by digi
Matt, F u
haha
haha you know im just hatin cause i want a set:bigpimp:

digi
09-21-2004, 03:45 PM
"digitally blue impreza" haha i love it.

teknical
09-21-2004, 03:47 PM
:werd:

Those are some bright muthers I'll tell ya that. Have had those in my mirrors quiet a few times, they're blinding :bigpimp:

bspot
09-21-2004, 03:48 PM
As in you are running your HID's in the day?

I wouldn't do that man, replacement bulbs are sooo expensive on those.

NickGT
09-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Hey there...that impreza is me :)

Ive got Helios 9000 K from speedtech.
Im pretty happy with em.

They arent flickering when i go over bumps, only when I start my car and have my daytime lights on... They dont flicker anytime else after that. Ur not supposed to have them with ur daytimes running, but they seem to work fine after the car has been running for a couple mins....so ah well.

Maybe i should adjust em downwards, they are riding at the
normal level. Sorry to all the ppl I have blinded.

No worries man, i think they look wicked, and your car is so clean too. Just gets sketchy when you can't see anyone coming up behind you. Glad you're cool about it.

digi
09-21-2004, 03:52 PM
haha albert, u deserve it.

bspot, they run as my daytimes and then unfortunately get much brighter as my nighttime lights.
HID's actually last 5x the length of normal bulbs so its pretty safe...Also they've got a pretty long warranty on them.

How should I adjust these motha's. I saw some bmw shootin his hids at the ground and it looked retarded.

CRXguy
09-21-2004, 03:54 PM
and it's not that hard to remove the daytime lights module either.....

digi
09-21-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by NickGT

No worries man, i think they look wicked, and your car is so clean too. Just gets sketchy when you can't see anyone coming up behind you. Glad you're cool about it.

hahaa, its THAT bright? Maybe they recently got brighter or something, lol. Today I actually saw someone flip their rear view mirror during the day, not night, DAY.

NickGT
09-21-2004, 03:58 PM

hahaa, its THAT bright? Maybe they recently got brighter or something, lol. Today I actually saw someone flip their rear view mirror during the day, not night, DAY.

:rofl: :rofl: Yah man they are

digi
09-21-2004, 03:58 PM
whos "~$eanith~" btw..
sounds like he knows me :dunno:

l/l/rX
09-21-2004, 04:01 PM
lol i love your HIDs, espicially during the day time, they look HAWT! time to get some rims though =P

l/l/rX
09-21-2004, 04:01 PM
also you need a TMIC to go under that new hood of yours :D

teknical
09-21-2004, 04:06 PM
haha, I'm gonna buy a set for my 240. They're ballin :)

digi
09-21-2004, 04:09 PM
hahaha
im gettin killed out here.

I wants to go turbo, but keep hearin scary stories.

importadrenelin
09-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Man I see that damn Impreza everywhere. The guy shows up at my house, at my work, everything. Freakin SCARY :(

Just messing George. I love your car, can you take me for a ride soon, I want to feel all that Horsepower, I heard you even beat a black RSX, it was a R&D car or something.
:D

digi
09-21-2004, 04:20 PM
ahahahaha
jerkstore. At least i have a muffler on my car.

importadrenelin
09-21-2004, 04:21 PM
hahaha
im gettin killed out here.

I wants to go turbo, but keep hearin scary stories.

:bullshit: Hahahaha. Just messing with you. You go Turbo and I'll buy you a Carbon Fiber Trunk.

importadrenelin
09-21-2004, 04:22 PM
The power of marketing is Awesome. One guy sees a Impreza with super bright HID's, see's a Digitally Blue sticker and now we have the "Digitally Blue Impreza" thread with over 400 views. What A BEAUTY.

digi
09-21-2004, 04:26 PM
hahaha
did you happen to notice the "digitallyblue.com" underneath my logo?

:D :D

gotta change them decals around, "Media 3 solutions inc."

bspot
09-21-2004, 04:27 PM
haha albert, u deserve it.

bspot, they run as my daytimes and then unfortunately get much brighter as my nighttime lights.
HID's actually last 5x the length of normal bulbs so its pretty safe...Also they've got a pretty long warranty on them.

How should I adjust these motha's. I saw some bmw shootin his hids at the ground and it looked retarded.

They will last a long time, but their brightness will drop the longer you have them (maybe a good thing in your case from the sounds of it :D)

If I were you, i'd do a DRL override, and aiming of most headlights can be done with a socket wrench. Just pull up facing a wall or a garage door or something and get it so they are just below horizontal. If you park way behind a car, get out and look at the light pattern on thier trunk. It shouldn't go above the top of it, and def not into the rearview ;). I dunno.. I'm careful about my aim and I still get flashed alot, thats why i'm working on finding me a set of wrecked headlights that I can jack projectors out of right now.

digi
09-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the info.

Too bad they only make real real ugly projectors for the 04 wrx.
I totally hate how my light is spread around so much from my ugly reflectors.

Maybe i will change bulb positions like on cusco's car.
http://www.cusco.co.jp/04media_sport/4gt_5_p5.gif

teknical
09-21-2004, 05:05 PM
yea right George, your lights can never look like that, mhahahahahaha. :nut:

Chester
09-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the info.

Too bad they only make real real ugly projectors for the 04 wrx.
I totally hate how my light is spread around so much from my ugly reflectors.

Maybe i will change bulb positions like on cusco's car.
http://www.cusco.co.jp/04media_sport/4gt_5_p5.gif

Why don't you just retro some projectors in so you can have a nice beam pattern and nice cutoff? Damn 9000k:eek: is the light output good at all with those, or is it just pure blue light

digi
09-21-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Chester

Why don't you just retro some projectors in so you can have a nice beam pattern and nice cutoff? Damn 9000k:eek: is the light output good at all with those, or is it just pure blue light

the light output is actually real good.
how can i "just retro some projectors in?" :)

Chim
09-21-2004, 05:43 PM
hahaha

Dont forget about the "Chim is a pimp daddy" decal you said you wanted to put on your car :bigpimp:

civicluva
09-21-2004, 06:22 PM
hahaha

Sure did. :rofl:

Seanith
09-21-2004, 06:30 PM
So THATS why your HIDs are on during the day.. i thought you were just a ricer that turns on his headlights during the day :dunno: jk ;)

Your DRL might be running off your high beam fuses, so you may be able to just pull those out to disable your DRL.. i did that with my car since i don't want premature wear of my hids :thumbsup:

Chester
09-21-2004, 06:31 PM

the light output is actually real good.
how can i "just retro some projectors in?" :)

I would tell you to goto www.hidforum.com but the site hasnt been working for the last couple weeks. The guys on that board usually get like Valeo projectors, usually from like audi's, bmw's etc etc, and they take apart their stock reflector housings and "retrofit" them in. The end result is pretty pimp and usually looks like it came like that from the factory.

Chester
09-21-2004, 06:36 PM
heres a cutoff pic with hid projectors retrofitted into an integra
http://www.altech.com.pl/wbt/_poradnik/_zdj_poradnik/hid/int1998/cutoff.jpg
the cutoff is so sharp so the light won't be blinding on coming traffic and the cars in front of you. You will also get a nice flicker when you go over bumps:D

Chester
09-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Heres a pic of a cutoff from a reflector housing without a retro
http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/images/AutolampsPrelude2.jpg
see all that stray light?

digi
09-21-2004, 06:46 PM
thats pretty sweet, thanks.

I def. need projectors...too bad that site isnt up.

digi
09-21-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
So THATS why your HIDs are on during the day.. i thought you were just a ricer that turns on his headlights during the day :dunno: jk ;)

Your DRL might be running off your high beam fuses, so you may be able to just pull those out to disable your DRL.. i did that with my car since i don't want premature wear of my hids :thumbsup:

The install guy was supposed to remove the DRL fuse, but didnt. I'll take it out one of these days, but I hate the fact of not having light during the day :)...and i really cant stand dirty yellow halogen lights anymore.

BumpinTalon
09-21-2004, 10:26 PM
Since people with HID are reading this... do you even have highbeam/lowbeams anymore? I was just wondering because if they are so damn bright there prolly isn't any point, right?
and on a side note - I have seen your HIDs. I thought it was a BMW 5 series until I saw it was actually an Impreza :D

Seanith
09-21-2004, 10:37 PM
i don't have high beams or DRL :)

ex1z7
09-22-2004, 04:47 AM
The pic on the second link looks cool all spread out - but the colour itself is pretty terrible.. >_> 9000k.. ouch.

What kind've lights are the ones that - when I see them at diff angles on and such - they flicker different colours...blue green and purple ? It looks so weird and bright >_<

Azncowboy
09-22-2004, 10:09 AM
sooo freakin bright.

bspot
09-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by ex1z7
What kind've lights are the ones that - when I see them at diff angles on and such - they flicker different colours...blue green and purple ? It looks so weird and bright &gt;_&lt; [/B]

Its the lens that causes that. Cars that look like that actually have pure white (between 4000K and 5000K) HID's.

Speaking of which... anyone know someone with wrecked headlights that wants to sell me their projectors?

digi
09-23-2004, 04:48 PM
^ yeah me too, i need projectors badly.

Chester
09-23-2004, 04:59 PM
I remember someone on the board finding some BMW 5 series headlights in like perfect condition at pick your part or a junkyard or something. When hidforum.com is up again check out the market place there, guys are always selling projectors and most of them live in Canada

finboy
09-23-2004, 05:08 PM
I remember someone on the board finding some BMW 5 series headlights in like perfect condition at pick your part or a junkyard or something. When hidforum.com is up again check out the market place there, guys are always selling projectors and most of them live in Canada

i have 2 broken integra headlights sitting in my room right now, not HID though. no use for them, i just have them for the hell of it.

amazing what autobody shops throw away ;)

Chester
09-23-2004, 05:58 PM
hahaha sounds like something I would do. Just take something because I can and nobody else wants it.

finboy
09-23-2004, 06:03 PM
hahaha sounds like something I would do. Just take something because I can and nobody else wants it.
got a tsx headlight and some mdx headlights the same way, lol

Chester
09-23-2004, 06:07 PM
haha sweet, do you work at a autobody shop?

bspot
09-23-2004, 06:10 PM

I just snagged some Hella E39 projectors yanked out of a 2000 5 series.

Clicky (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7923667327&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:CA:6)

These are supposedly the only espec projectors that were also sold as DOT. So basically the best NA projectors available. JDM and euro projectors are the same shit too, so if you can find any of these, grab em.

The problem is these things are f*cking massive. I'm thinkin i'll have to cut away a good chunk of the front of my car to have these fit :(

finboy
09-23-2004, 06:11 PM
haha sweet, do you work at a autobody shop?

worked at one through winter as a low level wash boy :(

now i'm a full time student, part time unemployed bum, i need a job :(