PDA

View Full Version : CRVtec CRV??

78si
09-20-2004, 11:59 PM
I've been thinking about buying a CRV, but heard they are gutless. A VTEC head should fix that! Has anyone ever heard of this being done (around Calgary)?

Weapon_R
09-21-2004, 12:01 AM
Its been done many times over.

78si
09-21-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Its been done many times over.

I fully understand that people built these for civics and such.

**But has anyone around Calgary built one for their CRV??

I would love to have a look at it!

^SkylinE^
09-21-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by 78si

I fully understand that people built these for civics and such.

**But has anyone around Calgary built one for their CRV??

I would love to have a look at it!

It would be just the same in a CRV as it would in a civic? Just a different look to the car? Don't most people use the CRVTEC for turbo charging because of the lower compression? Right?:dunno:

legendboy
09-21-2004, 08:34 AM
Ive never heard of anybody doing the head swap in an actual crv but lots of guys run that motor. Including myself :)

I can also do all the machine work to the head required to do the swap. I have all the machinery, taps and end mills.

78si
09-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
Ive never heard of anybody doing the head swap in an actual crv but lots of guys run that motor. Including myself :)

I can also do all the machine work to the head required to do the swap. I have all the machinery, taps and end mills.

I definately will be looking in to this! CRV's are getting down to the 10g range. I need to find a well maintained high milage CRV, or one with a screwed engine. Legendboy I will definately use your services at some point.. Thanks for the info..:)

statick
09-21-2004, 06:55 PM
the "JDM Pumpkin" 91 civic, had a similar thing done to it.