PDA

View Full Version : yet another insurance question

gkAeris
09-21-2004, 04:46 PM
so i'm up for renewal of my insurance in oct 8/2004

i got the form but it's the same price as last year $1800/ half a year.

i call the insurance company and they told me to just go down and pay them the full amount again ($1800 for the half a year one payment) and at the end of the term in april 8/2005 they "might" issue me a rebate because of the insurance reductions happening.

is this bull? like are they just going to take the $1800 and NOT decrease my insurance???

i been driving for 2 years now without any tickets or violations.

i asked her to give me a quote on what the new REDUCE price would be for me, she said that she won't know until april????

thoughts?

Ben
09-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by gkAeris
so i'm up for renewal of my insurance in oct 8/2004

i got the form but it's the same price as last year $1800/ half a year.

i call the insurance company and they told me to just go down and pay them the full amount again ($1800 for the half a year one payment) and at the end of the term in april 8/2005 they "might" issue me a rebate because of the insurance reductions happening.

is this bull? like are they just going to take the $1800 and NOT decrease my insurance???

i been driving for 2 years now without any tickets or violations.

i asked her to give me a quote on what the new REDUCE price would be for me, she said that she won't know until april????

thoughts?

yeah, they have a time frame in which they can give out rebates. so you'll pay that amount and theyn they'll cut you a cheque for the refund after the insurance reforms kick in. You have to remember they have thousands and thousands of clients, takes some time to rebate all these people, which is why they have a time frame.

Nothing to worry about really. More of a headache than anything.

I never anticipate a lower premium even if they say there will be...I'll take it when it comes, but I budget for the worst case scenario.

TrevorK
09-22-2004, 08:51 AM
It's because the new system hasn't fully been disclosed to the insurance companies yet by the government, so their computers/systems aren't even changed over yet....