PDA

View Full Version : June 13th, 2002 Track day... my poor tires!

rage2
06-13-2002, 05:53 PM
hehe great track day today. A bit hot, but lots of fun. WBB6 and Kenny has lots of pictures, should see them soon. I'll have videos up early next week when I'm back in town. Other than burning through the rest of my Toyo T1-S's (a record 3 weeks!) and getting into turn 4 a little bit too hot in Kenny's SLK 32 AMG (no grip on grass...), it was a blast. Both of us burned through a tank of gas in about 140km hehe. Damn that AMG was fast down the straightaways! I hit about 215km/h at the end of the straight. I could only pull 190km/h in my Poser SLK 320.

Ben
06-13-2002, 05:56 PM
Awesome, sounds like you had loads of fun! Call me when your back in town, gotta finish up your house!

RiceCake
06-13-2002, 09:23 PM
:thumbsup: nice shelton!:thumbsup:

damn haven't seen u in a while... where u headed off to?:confused:

kenny
06-14-2002, 12:43 AM
My poor brake calipers! :( I had a freakin' awesome time out there, one full tank of gas all gone after 140km's ! holy crap thats insane, but it was worth it. The Pilot Sports held up really nicely out on the track and I still have tons of tread left, then again I don't really drive like a jackass on the streets doing :burnout: like some unnamed crazy guy that wore out his new tires after three weeks.

Well at least he got some lessons from an instructor today and was told not to overdrive the car and drive more smoothly to conserve the tires hehe.

We should organize a beyond.ca track day :)

4wheeldrift
06-14-2002, 07:02 AM
Give me like a month's notice and I'll come out :D

Davan
06-14-2002, 08:48 AM
If I could only afford the tires... :(

redline
06-14-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by kenny

We should organize a beyond.ca track day :)

:clap: :burnout: :clap:

WBB6
06-15-2002, 09:44 AM
Yo "Kenny", so how do you like the way my Wing looks when your behind me???:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :burnout:

rage2
06-15-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by WBB6
Yo "Kenny", so how do you like the way my Wing looks when your behind me???:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :burnout:

I don't think he got a good enough look, he was trying to avoid rear ending you cause you were going so slow down the straights! :rofl:

rage2
06-15-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by kenny
Well at least he got some lessons from an instructor today and was told not to overdrive the car and drive more smoothly to conserve the tires hehe.

hehe but you must admit, it was a hell of a lot more exciting trail braking deep into the corners in a light drift. I think girlRacer said it best, "it's much faster and scarier in the corner's in rage's car" hehe. I don't think I was too consistent when driving super hard though, I kept screwing up turn 3 and only got about 4 good exits until I started driving smoother.