PDA

View Full Version : How Often Should You Change Up Your Routine?

GorG
09-22-2004, 11:59 PM
How often should you change up your routine? So that your body does not adapt and is always on its "tippy toes" while you work out because after a short while as you all know you no longer grow in mass in the same way that you did when you first started. I've changed mine almost every other week, i was just wondering what most other people do and how often you change your routine.

1-Bar
09-23-2004, 12:13 AM
I'm currently on a 10 week program....Every 4-5 months I say.

Dope Dealer
09-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Same routine, just different reps/sets every week.. 6 week cycles...

Are you training at WHC, Dan?

1badPT
09-23-2004, 12:36 AM
if I do a workout and I've kept good form through the workout and I don't feel any soreness the next day, the next time I work that group my routine will change (every few weeks).

Also excercises that I feel aren't challenging or don't get "the burn" will usually be replaced the next time I work the group. My approach is more reactive I guess.

JAYMEZ
09-23-2004, 01:00 AM
6-8 week cycle , dont over do it eather!
Also are you eatin properly? maybe you could add in a healthy diet as well!

GorG
09-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Thats actually, a pretty good set up and way to look at it 1badpt, yea Evan i work out at the whc, luke goes there to, you should come down one of these days, how often do you work out anyways evan.

bmeier
09-27-2004, 11:01 PM
every 6- 8 weeks sounds about right, after every 2-3 months you should also take 2 weeks off, you can do cardio but no weights. This gives your muscles time to rest and when you get back to the gym you have a lot more energy.. i like to change the routines often because they get boring and too easy...

DUBBED
09-28-2004, 07:09 AM
As soon as I plateau, so same answer as 1badpt I guess. For me it's about every 3 weeks. It's different for everybody.