PDA

View Full Version : FS: 86 Corolla

zzCorolla
09-23-2004, 01:01 PM
My thread om my 86 Corolla was deleted. I am sorry if it was illegal because I didn't have an asking price. Let me explain why I need help:

I am not a car person. I am a mother of 2 who just happens to have this lovely Corolla that I have been enjoying driving for 15 years.

All I know is that this car is popular for racing because it is rear wheel drive and people have been literally stopping me in the middle of traffic to ask me to sell it.

Once a mechanic at Open Road Toyota claimed it was totalled and needed several thousands of dollars to fix (it didn't start because the battery was dried up), and almost in the same sentence, offered to "take it off my hands". I don't know how stupid he thought I was, but I had to pay $100 to tow it away to an honest mechanic (that I knew on the other side of town), just to put some distilled water in the battery and top up the oil....that was 4 years ago!!!

I don't want to part with my car, but I need a boring family sedan now that fits 2 car seats in the back. So, I need to know how much the car is worth to decide what I can afford to buy to replace it.

So please give me an idea. It is a GTS hatchback 5 speed with 200K on it. In November I replaced the engine with a newer Japanese engine and got a new clutch, so I can't just look up some list to see how much it would be worth.

Thanks!

pimpdesi
09-23-2004, 04:02 PM
im guessing maybe 2300 max?

ae86
09-23-2004, 04:03 PM
can u email [email protected] some pics?

Ashkente
09-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Depends how rusty it is, pics?

zzCorolla
09-23-2004, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'll post pics.
It's rusting around the rear wheel wells and the black plastic trim is starting to come off.

Any suggestions for year/model to buy that's not too boring to drive (need 4Dr, low maintenance, around $15K)?

SuggarDaddy
09-23-2004, 05:37 PM
is this corolla located in the NE possibly falconridge?

you knwo what to do go to www.dorikaze.com and sign up (it's an oldschool toyota enthusiast web site)

if you give all the info on there they'll definitly help you out and probably buy it off you if you don't want to much

damn i'll buy it off you if you want to much add me to msn [email protected]
i am interested or e-mail me or whatever
thanx
steve

dj_honda
09-23-2004, 05:44 PM
says vancouver

Magix7
09-25-2004, 01:01 AM
Hi I'm quite interested in your car.. I'm in Vancity my self so that should make dealings easier.. Please e-mail me pictures and we can discuss further on the price there thanks! email: [email protected]

hatchlover
09-26-2004, 12:07 AM
Hello. I am quite interested. If the car is still for sale, I would gladly take it off your hands. The pleasure would be all mine. My email is [email protected]. Thank you. :thumbsup:

B.Cheung
09-26-2004, 02:28 AM
Hey, I'm interested in your car, could u send pics to [email protected] , please and thank you, oh and does the car has any accidents?