PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Turbo...

CelicaST-162
09-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Got my new turbo for my car, but it's a little dirty. Can I use solvents such as brake clean or varsol? Im worried it would hurt the bearings etc...?

CelicaST-162
09-24-2004, 05:46 PM
:zzz:

SkylineAdmirer
09-24-2004, 06:15 PM
dude air is constantly running through it wont that get rid of the dirt???

JAYMEZ
09-24-2004, 06:23 PM
ya i was thinkin air , dont want to add somethin that is not supose to be there!

CelicaST-162
09-24-2004, 07:55 PM
yes, anyone else?

RickDaTuner
09-24-2004, 08:04 PM
anytype of non agressive cleaner will be fine, just make sure its not a hevy duty degreasor, if you do use anything like that make sure you spray away from seals and bearings mainly if they are sealed bearings.
you most certainly want to clean the turbo before you throw it on the car, the filter would be the only thing preventing dirt from getting into you engine, and since your turbo is past the filter it needs to be clean..

beside celan things look nice, as aopposed to dirtty girls, i mean things...:poosie: :thumbsup:

illeagle
09-24-2004, 08:14 PM
Just a guess.. Try throttle body/carb cleaner..

2.0turbo
09-25-2004, 04:26 PM
It will be just fine. Don't fuck with it. fresh oil, heat, and constant spinning will clean it right up. Don't worry about it, as long as someone didn't throw some dirt in it, the is nothing to be concerned about.

^SkylinE^
09-25-2004, 04:39 PM
tooth brush and simple green but be carefull where you sticking things. Im guessing this is just for the exterior i hope.

Scat
09-26-2004, 03:12 PM
I have to go with illeagle
TB cleaner would be the best bet.
depends what you mean by it being dirty. Like is there carbon deposits?

CelicaST-162
09-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Scat
I have to go with illeagle
TB cleaner would be the best bet.
depends what you mean by it being dirty. Like is there carbon deposits?

a little dirt, but it got it anyways thanks guys. TB works awesome thanks Myron!

mr2mike
10-11-2004, 01:21 PM
I'd be more concerned with a dirty IC. I would clean that out first with degreaser... Wouldn't touch the turbo... If it's like the MR2... Oil likes to leak out of the PCV line on corners and go into the intake... possibly a oil catch can could help keep the intake and turbo a little cleaner.

CelicaST-162
10-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
I'd be more concerned with a dirty IC. I would clean that out first with degreaser... Wouldn't touch the turbo... If it's like the MR2... Oil likes to leak out of the PCV line on corners and go into the intake... possibly a oil catch can could help keep the intake and turbo a little cleaner.

Yeah no worries, I cleaned out the IC already. Filled it with gasoline and shook it like no tommorow....shes all clean!

AllGoNoShow
10-11-2004, 11:33 PM
uhhh, I was just reading a turbo cleaning site a few days ago and they say no gasoline :P, they said brake degraser is the best to use cause if u get it in your oil coolign lines (if u have any) it wont interfear with it compared to if you used engine degreaser or something. Ill see if I can find the link, but I guess u got it done already so it doesnt matter.