PDA

View Full Version : 4g prelude opionions?

ExtremeSi
09-24-2004, 11:35 AM
My friend is looking at buying a 4g Prelude (92-96) and is trying to decide between the SR model and the SR-V (vtec) model. Any thoughts/comments?

Obviously the price difference is a factor being the SR-V is a little more. But he's also wondering if he wants to go turbo later on what is the better engine, the H23 or H22? thanks

shadowz
09-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Now since it is an older model, I would rather go for the SRV model, it is worth the money, and the pricing between the SR and SRV are very close anyway

ridiculous_
09-24-2004, 01:08 PM
yeah for sure go for the higher model....they can be had for barely more then the SR as shadows said...and i think shadowz is selling a mint one on here too, you should look into that!....preludes hold their value...(4th gens especially)....

PGTze
09-24-2004, 01:50 PM
SRV's are a rare find compared to SR's. Go with SRV for sure, nothin wrong with SR's though, either way you can't really go wrong.

statick
09-24-2004, 05:24 PM
i think h22 is abetter engine cuz it has vtec, but im not sure...some one please correct me.

LUDELVR
09-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Yup, get the SRV man, he'll prolly want to drop in an h22 sooner or later anyway!!:poosie: :rofl:

yohan4ws
09-24-2004, 11:33 PM
ok .. coming from somebody who recently put in an H22 (vtec) from the sr-v that was previously running equal to an SR (4ws) ..

my opinion is tha the should test drive both .. seriously test drive the shit out of both as hard as he'll drive it if it was his .. get alone in the car, take it to a good non crowded long stretch of road .

I Found WAY more torque out of the SR (h23) engine than I do in my h22 .. SR is great for daily driving , because the torque is low end and its useable.. really, for city driving it doesnt make sense to have majority of your power up and above 5500rpm... especially the amount of oil/gas you burn on vtec..

My opinion ... get the H23, and if you want vtec, put an H22 head on it ... or, get an old and busted S model, with AC (94+ I think AC was standard) if you want that .. SR / SR-V models have more features such as heated seats, defogging mirrors and leather ..

F22B2 blocks are a hto commodity these days if you want to boost since the mate up w/ H23 head (straight up) and H22 head (with modification) ... lower CR, stock iron sleeves and can be had for cheap ...

BUT, it comes down to what you want ... this is just *my* opinion..

Drive both, pick one... but drive lots of SR because lots that I drove were really soft and had no pull, but the two 4ws I drove when I got my car (including mine) were so tight and had lots of power .. vtec is vtec... power above 4k not much low end but smooth acceleration .. if you get into vtec and can stay there, itss awesome but I found all that power above 4k in H23 so ..

just my 2cents .. g'luck.

alpha
09-24-2004, 11:47 PM
I am also in the same boat as your friend, but if you are going to go forced induction, then which is better? the h23 has a lower compression, and I heard that vtec isnt much of an advantage when you are running boost. also there is a noticable difference in insurance prices, and if you can get most of the same options then one might be better of getting the SR, that is what I am considering, also there is sometimes a 4000 difference in price from the SR to the SRV. Just what I have come accross in my research for my own prelude purchase dilemma.