PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding insurance

Jynx
09-24-2004, 04:53 PM
alrite so im having a bit of a problem wit my insurance company... i was rear ended in mid july by some guy driving a rental car.... first he attempted to drive off, but luckily cops saw the whole thing from a parking lot...they chased him down,g ave him tickets and filled out a police report.....

so i go to my insurance company and let themknow, they say ok they'll handle it.......2 months later and their saying they cant do nething bcuz Avis wont respond to their calls etc... and say we need 2 get a lawyer and sue the person who was driving....

i think its bs bcuz my family paid them over 20 000 last year in car insurance payments and they cant handle this

thats fukin bull shit

they say they cant handle it because the damage is less than my deductible...

ne suggestions on what to do?

citywidetowgirl
09-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Have you tried calling Avis yourself? Maybe they were intimidated by the insurance company calling, most of the rental car company's have their head offices up by the airport. If you go there in person with the accident report in hand, they will have to deal with you face to face. Hope that helps.

ridiculous_
09-25-2004, 01:18 PM
welcome to the world of minor accidents, cops dont give a fucks, nadz, with my accident remeber how long it took me to get the other insurance to fix my car....just gotta keep calling em (in this case Avis).....and just keep pissing them off....i was evetually told to sue the girl who hit me in small claims court as well but just before i was going to look into that, things got sorted out with the other insurance company....(bout 6-8 months down the road)

Jynx
09-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by ridiculous_
welcome to the world of minor accidents, cops dont give a fucks, nadz, with my accident remeber how long it took me to get the other insurance to fix my car....just gotta keep calling em (in this case Avis).....and just keep pissing them off....i was evetually told to sue the girl who hit me in small claims court as well but just before i was going to look into that, things got sorted out with the other insurance company....(bout 6-8 months down the road)

yea but im saying why wont my insurance company fukin handle this for me.....like isint this one of the reasons why i pay them fuckin 8gz a year...

Jynx
09-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by citywidetowgirl
Have you tried calling Avis yourself? Maybe they were intimidated by the insurance company calling, most of the rental car company's have their head offices up by the airport. If you go there in person with the accident report in hand, they will have to deal with you face to face. Hope that helps.

We have been told that we have to talk to their main buisness office and its somewhere in america...
but yea that culd possibly work, however i dont think anyone that works at those places is any positon of power to help me...