PDA

View Full Version : How often do BIG sales happen?

Chim
09-24-2004, 06:49 PM
I missed the big4 soundsaround sale. Also A&B was selling JL10W3's for $99 that day :eek:

How often do sales of this magnitude happen? Will the christmas sales have savings like this?

JAYMEZ
09-24-2004, 07:01 PM
^^ ya im pretty sure they will

cman
09-24-2004, 07:03 PM
boxing day is next im pretty sure

JAYMEZ
09-25-2004, 12:50 AM
bah screw boxin day , they lower prices weeks before boxin day.

rahim
09-25-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Chim
I missed the big4 soundsaround sale. Also A&B was selling JL10W3's for $99 that day :eek:

How often do sales of this magnitude happen? Will the christmas sales have savings like this? they were selling 12w3's for $99 as well :eek:

badseed
09-25-2004, 08:54 AM
When the Big4 sale takes place every september, every other electronics store tries to have an equivalent sale. This is the best time to buy electronics as far as price goes, unless your buying a package deal. Boxing day will be the next big sale, but it's way over rated in comparison to the big4. Boxing day = kaos. Plus who the hell wants to get up early on boxiing day.

EK 2.0
09-25-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by badseed
When the Big4 sale takes place every september, every other electronics store tries to have an equivalent sale. This is the best time to buy electronics as far as price goes, unless your buying a package deal. Boxing day will be the next big sale, but it's way over rated in comparison to the big4. Boxing day = kaos. Plus who the hell wants to get up early on boxiing day.

I do...well...I am an Electronic Salesperson...*CHING CHING!!*

badseed
09-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Agreed, I was thinking how it would be worth gettin a job a sounsarround a month before the big4 just to be on floor during the sale. Pretty much just stand there and wait for people to come to you, fill out a sheet and repeat. MAD CHING CHING.

But from a consumers point of view, get up super early on a holiday that should be spent chillin, stand in line, shopp in a swarm of people attempting to gey first dibbs on merchandise, and good luck getting a salesman to spend more than 5 minutes with you.

EK 2.0
09-25-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by badseed
Agreed, I was thinking how it would be worth gettin a job a sounsarround a month before the big4 just to be on floor during the sale. Pretty much just stand there and wait for people to come to you, fill out a sheet and repeat. MAD CHING CHING.

But from a consumers point of view, get up super early on a holiday that should be spent chillin, stand in line, shopp in a swarm of people attempting to gey first dibbs on merchandise, and good luck getting a salesman to spend more than 5 minutes with you.

this is the deal...the "boxing day deals" can be had both a week or 10 days prior to the day, and for a week to 14 days AFTER the 26th as well...unless there is something that is in limited quantities then you are golden man...I've worked 4 boxing days in Electronics and its ALWAYS the same...

the doorcrashers suck ass...and really there is nothing to be had that can not be had on a regular day...

badseed
09-25-2004, 10:57 AM
:werd:

2002civic
09-25-2004, 10:58 AM
ya from everyone ive heard they hate boxing day sales because everythings priced so low theres no commision and no one buys the expensive stuff on that day anyway so you work all day to make dick all

EK 2.0
09-25-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by 2002civic
ya from everyone ive heard they hate boxing day sales because everythings priced so low theres no commision and no one buys the expensive stuff on that day anyway so you work all day to make dick all

you have been either talking to the wrong ppl, or salespeople who cannot maximize the sales...yes, the commision is lower on that day...but its way easier to make money...on a decent boxing day you can take home near a grand...I have known of 1500 dollar days for a few friends of mine in the same store I worked at...I think my worst B-Day was 500 dollars or something...

badseed
09-25-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

you have been either talking to the wrong ppl, or salespeople who cannot maximize the sales...yes, the commision is lower on that day...but its way easier to make money...on a decent boxing day you can take home near a grand...I have known of 1500 dollar days for a few friends of mine in the same store I worked at...I think my worst B-Day was 500 dollars or something...

:werd: