PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Neon SR-T

Mystik J
11-17-2002, 07:13 PM
http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/roadtests/2002/december/0212_roadtest_srt4.xml

maybe with this car being introduced onto the market it will put the pressure on other domestic manufacterer's to follow,

Read and enjoy :bigpimp:

finboy
11-17-2002, 07:18 PM
damn nice car, but it needs to be lowered, 2 door, ditch the wing, and single exit exhaust.

Redlyne_mr2
11-17-2002, 07:30 PM
Neon and turbo spell bad news...remember the terrible heaadgasket problems the original na neons had, for chryslers sake I hope they fixed that problem...Ive heard that they may not sell it in canada due to the front bumper not passing crash test. I guess only time will tell, they could always put a different front bumper on

Dope Dealer
11-17-2002, 07:42 PM
That wing reminds me of a stock Eclipse wing.

GP_DrIvEr
11-17-2002, 08:02 PM
it may be fast, its possible that it might be well built :rolleyes: but its still a neon :thumbsdow

szw
11-17-2002, 08:11 PM
If it proves to be a reliable car, that thing will be a beast on the streets and people will keep saying "its still a neon" after getting their ass handed to them.

GP_DrIvEr
11-17-2002, 08:45 PM
that neon could kick my cars ass in a race no problem, which kinda sucks

but i would still never give up my car for that neon

finboy
11-17-2002, 08:49 PM
i like the front seats they have in it too.

its a shame that a lot of those will be riced out though :thumbsdow

mwmhong
11-17-2002, 09:13 PM
It already comes pre-riced with dual exhaust and spoiler, but it does have the power to back up the looks. However, I don't get what the fuss is about the spoiler, it's not THAT high, it would be classified as a 'mid-wing' by the import crowd right?

To compete with the SRT-4, Ford is developing a turbo Focus and Chevy might have a turbo'd Ecotec Cavalier. The arms race has begun! :thumbsup:

finboy
11-17-2002, 09:20 PM
[mr.burns] excellent [/mr.burns]

its about time the domsestic brands started to fight back, too bad the j-body looks liek ass, so does the focus though.

and still, the wing and dual exhaust would have to go:thumbsdow

speedracer
11-17-2002, 11:39 PM
Neon and turbo spell bad news...

It's not a neon. It's a Subaru WRX :D:rofl:

Headgasket was changed over in mid 97 to a MLS for Gen 1 and Gen 2 has never had this issue.

It won't be sold right away in Canada as it will be a limited production run for the first year. As it stands the engine has done well in the rally circle this year as it's beta test stage. As for the bumper that may be true too - looked at the size of the intercooler :)

It's a shame racing here is a little too grassroots. Few even know of it's winning racing background. Marketing didn't help but then again cheap insurance is always good.

it may be fast, its possible that it might be well built but its still a neon
So you'll see the rear more often ;) :clap:

As for the design I don't see it being riced out... That's like saying an ITR is riced out because of it's stock spoiler and exhaust.

I did wish that they would transfer the ACR wheels over (BBS RC).

RGAGT
11-18-2002, 12:25 PM
Yeah Everyone's Going Turbo The Neon Focus and the Cav's and Sunfire Even the New Grandams Are Rummored to have a 3.9l v6 Turbo with a 6 spd and putting out 220-225hp

Davan
11-18-2002, 12:37 PM
The dumbasses at General Motors may very well be on their way. Who knows if they will release it though.

Saab (owned by General Motors) has a turbocharged 2.2 ecotec motor powering their new Saab 9-3. That's the same 2.2 ecotec motor that was released in the Cavalier and Sunfire last year.

As far as I remember, it is available in two flavours, a 175 HP version, and soon to be released, the "sport" model with 215 HP.

So we'll see if that same setup makes an appearance in the J-Body lineup.

Knowing GM though.... doubtful.