M3 or M5.

Is that the 2004 model or 2005? LOL

U~G~L~Y :thumbsdow

Redlyne_mr2
11-17-2002, 07:26 PM
sweet conversion

Stratus_Power
11-17-2002, 07:31 PM
wow think of all the money that put into that conversion.. some people are just tooo rich and creative

GP_DrIvEr
11-17-2002, 08:12 PM
:rolleyes: unless he managed to get a m3 engine into that cavalier you have to really wonder what is going through his head :dunno:

HRD2PLZ
11-17-2002, 08:21 PM
People like that should be shot! :guns:

and- it would have to be an M3, the M5's are 4-doors :D

GP_DrIvEr
11-17-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
People like that should be shot! :guns:

and- it would have to be an M3, the M5's are 4-doors :D

:rofl: :rofl: haha at least he got one thing right while doing soooo many things wrong :rofl: :rofl:

M68KACIA
11-17-2002, 08:59 PM
:eek:

I didn't know that BMW has finally bought out the crappy GM.....
:rofl: :rofl:

04blackMAX
11-17-2002, 09:37 PM
i bet the emblems are worth more than that car new hehehe:barf: :guns: :poosie:

mwmhong
11-17-2002, 09:41 PM
LMAO! I'm so jealous of this guy. :(

[GaGe]
11-17-2002, 10:03 PM
i think he just put BMW emblems on a cavalier.

hjr
11-17-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by M68KACIA
:eek:

I didn't know that BMW has finally bought out the crappy GM.....
:rofl: :rofl:

sorry to shut you down, but GM is the biggest car company in the world, not even in the same league as BMW.

But dont get me wrong, i really like BMW's, but if you had seen some of the Opels i saw in finland, you would be a GM fan as well.

Rydog
11-17-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by hjr

sorry to shut you down, but GM is the biggest car company in the world, not even in the same league as BMW.

But dont get me wrong, i really like BMW's, but if you had seen some of the Opels i saw in finland, you would be a GM fan as well.

thank you hjr, I was about to reply with almost the same thing. Glad to see someone else on the board who doesn't think BMW destroys all. Don't get me wrong, I'd but one in a heart beat if I could, but only cause Opels are not available here. Opel rules.

GTS Jeff
11-17-2002, 10:30 PM
whoa, so i guess we found ///M Power's ride....

hahaha just jokes man

Zephyr
11-17-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]

LOL u actually think our comments r real! its called sarcasm man!!:rofl:

VWhooligan
11-17-2002, 11:22 PM

what a tool

GTS Jeff
11-18-2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by VWhooligan

what a tool congrats. u called the 12 year old bro of the owner of beyond a tool.

three.eighteen.
11-18-2002, 01:13 AM
makes me wanna go get Z24 badges for my car:hitit:

van
11-18-2002, 01:52 AM

what a tool

I think you're a tool. If you were bright enough to know that he was just saying that because everyone else was being sarcastic you would realize that you're a tool. haha. You tool, tool you tool.

frenchdriver
11-18-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by defekt1

I think you're a tool. If you were bright enough to know that he was just saying that because everyone else was being sarcastic you would realize that you're a tool. haha. You tool, tool you tool.

maybe its because i'm french, but half the english expressions out there don't make sense

a tool...wtf? sacre-bleu! :thumbsup:

RiceCake
11-18-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
makes me wanna go get Z24 badges for my car:hitit:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA... you should do the JDM Toyota Cavalier conversion! :werd: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

girlRACER
11-18-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by hjr

Opels are made by GM? I didn't know that. I've seen a lot of Opel's especially in China. Aren't they expensive cars?

It's funny...in China there are so many Chinese car brands that I've never even heard of and their designs are rip off's of popular German cars. They're actually manufactured like that and not just an individual whose modded their car. For example, I saw so many cars I swore were Mercedes. They had the grill, and the star and the body but when you pull up to it, the star has an extra stroke in it. They have copies of toyota's, passats and they are all chinese car brands. Ever heard of Shanghai GM? What will they think of next.

kenny
11-18-2002, 03:18 AM

Holy shiznits... Einstein is still alive! :rofl:

Originally posted by girlRACER
It's funny...in China there are so many Chinese car brands that I've never even heard of and their designs are rip off's of popular German cars. They're actually manufactured like that and not just an individual whose modded their car. For example, I saw so many cars I swore were Mercedes. They had the grill, and the star and the body but when you pull up to it, the star has an extra stroke in it. They have copies of toyota's, passats and they are all chinese car brands. Ever heard of Shanghai GM? What will they think of next.

Man chinese people have knock offs of EVERYTHING! hahah that is too funny. "Fahn Bahn" Cars. lol w00t.

Stratus_Power
11-18-2002, 03:33 AM
Opel is not expensive car.... they are alright, was riding in a new Opel convertable.. it was pretty fun but lack the power i think..

girlRACER
11-18-2002, 04:35 AM
haha...like just now (I am in Hong Kong) I was GAWKING at what I thought was a Rolls Royce or a Bentley. As I'm walking across the front of the car, I look closely and under the "flying lady" emblem it reads Nissan! Then a couple of people in front of me were like "Wow! There's a Rolls Royce!" No one realised it was a Nissan.

van
11-18-2002, 05:07 AM
You're there right now? Is Eliza there too?

shadowz
11-18-2002, 05:14 AM
I know what I want my M3 to look like

ninjak84
11-18-2002, 05:32 AM
HK sounds like such a great place, I'd love to go one day.
Though if I ever was able to go, I would probably go to Okinawa instead. The scene down there is amazing!

Hakkola
11-18-2002, 01:15 PM
HJR are you finnish??

infamous
11-18-2002, 01:21 PM
hahaha you guys found my bro's car! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

VWhooligan
11-18-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
congrats. u called the 12 year old bro of the owner of beyond a tool.

i don't know about you guys, but i'm not fake. i speak whats on my mind, i don't care who the person is. love it or hate it (which i'm sure you all do).

E36M3
11-18-2002, 03:52 PM
Cadillac has been rebading Opels for years, and a ton of GM cars are on the same platforms.

To be honest, I don't like any of the GM chassis I have driven, with the exception of the Corvette Z06, which is an amazing car.

My Saab is far from impressive dynamically.. they should have done better.

Originally posted by Just_d16n

thank you hjr, I was about to reply with almost the same thing. Glad to see someone else on the board who doesn't think BMW destroys all. Don't get me wrong, I'd but one in a heart beat if I could, but only cause Opels are not available here. Opel rules.

GTS Jeff
11-18-2002, 04:30 PM

i don't know about you guys, but i'm not fake. i speak whats on my mind, i don't care who the person is. love it or hate it (which i'm sure you all do). self-centered?

Davan
11-18-2002, 04:48 PM
Woohooo! This must mean I don't have to go out and get a new car... I'm already a high roller! Right? :D :D :D

VWhooligan
11-18-2002, 05:46 PM
self-centered?

idiot?

three.eighteen.
11-18-2002, 06:17 PM
arguing on the internet = retarded
one-word arguing on the internet...thats just insulting the special people...

frenchdriver
11-18-2002, 06:39 PM

:rofl:

there's also a difference between arguing and trying to prove a point or defend an opinion.

my 2 cents :dunno:

Stratus_Power
11-18-2002, 06:44 PM

smartass...

haha jk jk jk :D

Mikko
11-18-2002, 07:18 PM
Opel is a cheaper brand. Below Volkswagen I'd say. GM doesn't make Opel, rather GM owns Opel, and Saab as well.

The new Saab 9-3 Sports sedan is an extremely good performer and all rounder. Torsional rigidity for example, is something like 16000<some kind of unit> - while a Ferrari 360 Spyder has 6000.

When Saab and Opel started sharing parts and platforms earlier, many Saabs were crap. The 900/9-3 is one example of a car most people here regard as a not so good car. The 9-5 has become a most excellent car though. And the new 9-3 is fantastic (looks completely different from the outgoing 9-3). So only in the past few years have Saab started going back to it's roots.

hjr
11-18-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
HJR are you finnish??

naw, im canadian right through, but i love helsinki. It is probably my fav. euro city. I was there this summer. I love how the sun never really goes down.

I probably should be finnish though, considering my love of rally racing, my love of the country, and of course, reindeer... just joken;)

hjr
11-18-2002, 08:00 PM
In regards to Opels, GM does make them. But in another sence GM doesnt make any cars, Chevy/GMC/Saab/Opel/Vauxhall/Cadillac do. GM it the parent company. They dont acctually build any vehicles, rather they bring in the bling that their brands make.

Alot of you guys here are all fans of pumping up relativly cheaper cars, and if you were in europe, a great choice would be the Opel Astra GSi. Its a mean car. 2.0i 16v Turbo engine. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Loads of room for upgrading, and it looks mint too

http://buypower.vauxhall.co.uk/repositories/images/VehicleLarge/Astra/astra_gsi_3dr_hatch_ardenblue_2003.jpg

Hakkola
11-18-2002, 08:44 PM
naw, im canadian right through, but i love helsinki. It is probably my fav. euro city. I was there this summer. I love how the sun never really goes down.

Both my parents are from Finland, but I've never been there, my sister is taking university in helsinki or something right now. I think I'd go nuts without the sun setting, I like the night and I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Finland owns rally racing!! Hell, all racing:thumbsup:

HRD2PLZ
11-18-2002, 10:11 PM
When I was in England I remember constantly seeing a Vauxhall Omega, which looks identical to the Cadillac Caterra. I didn't know GM owned Vauxhall, they make a some pretty nice cars. Don't remember much of Opel though. I should flip through a few of the magazines I brought back...bound to find atleast one.

Mikko
11-18-2002, 11:50 PM
Both my parents are from Finland also. Hmm, strange :-) And they sure do own rallying. Though Norway, Sweden and Great Britain produce awesome drivers too. Especially impressive is scandinavia considering the tiny population.

TheXplosion
11-19-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by GP_DrIvEr

:rofl: :rofl: haha at least he got one thing right while doing soooo many things wrong :rofl: :rofl:

I bet he never even knew.

Plus that is the UGLIEST thing I have ever seen EVER!:barf: :barf:

E36M3
11-20-2002, 07:47 PM
I disagree about the new Saabs being good performers. I own a 2002 9-3, and have driven the new 9-3, and it is far from being a competitor to other vehicles in its class/price.

The one thing that Saab had going for it, its distinctiveness, has been all but lost with the new 9-3.. now it is just a very good GM car.

General Motors makes many different cars, and seperates them into many different marketing divisions.

Engineering and manufacturing is controlled by General Motors on all of their products, and parts are shared among marketing divisions/platforms. Although they may have slightly different characteristics, many marketing divisions share virtual 'twins', in order to save on costs and ensure consistency.

It may have been the case in the past where Saab and Opel had their own unique platforms, it is no longer the case. They are now considered to be fully integrated marketing divisions.

You can consult the GM 2001 Annual Report for more information, or check out their global websites.

Originally posted by Mikko
Opel is a cheaper brand. Below Volkswagen I'd say. GM doesn't make Opel, rather GM owns Opel, and Saab as well.

The new Saab 9-3 Sports sedan is an extremely good performer and all rounder. Torsional rigidity for example, is something like 16000<some kind of unit> - while a Ferrari 360 Spyder has 6000.

When Saab and Opel started sharing parts and platforms earlier, many Saabs were crap. The 900/9-3 is one example of a car most people here regard as a not so good car. The 9-5 has become a most excellent car though. And the new 9-3 is fantastic (looks completely different from the outgoing 9-3). So only in the past few years have Saab started going back to it's roots.

Hakkola
11-20-2002, 07:55 PM
Both my parents are from Finland also.

yeah, i actually figured that was the case from your name, one of my brothers friends was named Mikko, he was Finn too, we used to live in a large Finnish community in Ontario

Mikko
11-20-2002, 09:47 PM
E36M3 - Are you sure it's this - http://www.saab.com/main/US/en/model_intro_93s.xml
http://autozine.kyul.net/html/Saab.htm#9-3

- and not the previous hatchback version?

E36M3
11-21-2002, 12:48 AM
Yeah, pretty sure. I have a 2002 9-3 SE Hatchback. Compared with a 325i, the Mercedes C Class, the Audi A4 or even a VW Passat, I thought it was pretty disappointing. Stiff competition to be sure, but they still have a ways to go.

E36M3 - Are you sure it's this - http://www.saab.com/main/US/en/model_intro_93s.xml
http://autozine.kyul.net/html/Saab.htm#9-3

- and not the previous hatchback version?

Mikko
11-21-2002, 08:05 AM
I thought the new version (that recently went on sale) was a sedan and not a hatch? Hmm. I know the 9-3's made until this sports sedan came along were rather crappy.

E36M3
11-21-2002, 01:55 PM
It is a sedan.

I thought the new version (that recently went on sale) was a sedan and not a hatch? Hmm. I know the 9-3's made until this sports sedan came along were rather crappy.

///M Power
11-21-2002, 11:13 PM
whoa, so i guess we found ///M Power's ride....

hahaha just jokes man

Hey, I just noticed this now! I say :thumbsdow to that!

girlRACER
11-21-2002, 11:56 PM
Where is Opel made in anyways?

Mikko
11-22-2002, 03:02 AM
Germany and Poland for sure. Maybe other places too.

E36M3
11-22-2002, 07:26 PM
Opels are assembled in Germany, the UK, Belgium, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Turkey.

Originally posted by girlRACER
Where is Opel made in anyways?

finboy
11-22-2002, 09:00 PM
http://www.rapidcars.com/images/osred.jpg

http://www.rapidcars.com/images/ostop.jpg

http://www.rapidcars.com/images/osint.jpg

some day...