PDA

View Full Version : Help with Audio system

dhrider
09-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Aright my alernator is making a whinning sound on my 98 isuzu rodeo after i installed my system. My system consists of a 200.4 kick amp. 2 kicker 10' comps and a rf 500tb amp with a panasonic deck... and i got 8 g power wire running off the battery to a cap, then i got 8 g power wire running off my cap to a bolt in the floor which is my ground. all the amp wire run off the cap and ground back to it. I have tried running the amp wires to the bolt it self. aswell as adjusted all the gain settings on the amp. and i still cant get rid of the whine. I need some sugestions. Can anyone help... Oh ya i got all new stinger rca cables to the amps.

badseed
09-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Looks like you got everything covered, I honetsly don't know waht it could be, good luck:thumbsup:

rahim
09-25-2004, 01:17 PM
make sure you run your power wires and interconnects on different sides of the car, the power wire can distort the sound signal if it is too close to the rca's

dhrider
09-25-2004, 01:20 PM
aright, but would that make the alternator whine

badseed
09-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by rahim
make sure you run your power wires and interconnects on different sides of the car, the power wire can distort the sound signal if it is too close to the rca's

His ALTERNATOR is whining not his speakers dude.

dhrider
09-25-2004, 01:27 PM
Aright im reading in the manual about a sound filter on the power supply... WTF is that. Aswell im not sure maby my ground connection runs through the body and not the chassis, Anyone know where on an SUV is a good place to ground too in the back part of them.

LKL
09-25-2004, 06:00 PM
is your alternator physically whining, or is the alternator whining "through" your speakers?

dhrider
09-29-2004, 01:49 PM
The alt is physically whinning...