PDA

View Full Version : Sept 23rd Drift Night Video

rage2
09-25-2004, 10:54 PM
Here it is, some of the cars in action.

Sorry if I didn't catch your car, or if I didn't get your good run, the mosquitos are KILLER! I had 22 bites on my feet alone... frickin' sandals!

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/drifting/driftnight3SD.zip

dj_honda
09-26-2004, 12:37 AM
wow enough power hollywood?
sweet cars out there!

GT2NV
09-26-2004, 04:05 PM
33 mins to download on cable:(

962 kid
09-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by black94gt
33 mins to download on cable:(

2 mins for me

super_hachi
09-26-2004, 06:59 PM
awww booo no video of me:cry:

rage2
09-26-2004, 07:02 PM
which car was yours?

SpoonEK9@STRD
09-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by 962 kid

2 mins for me
took me only 58 seconds average of 320KB/sec

Hollywood
09-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda
wow enough power hollywood?
sweet cars out there!

That run I was kinda fooling around. But ya I suck! It was my first time. I at least completed the course once.:D

EK 2.0
09-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

That run I was kinda fooling around. But ya I suck! It was my first time. I at least completed the course once.:D

with bad-ass flames to boot...:burnout:

JungleMatic86
09-27-2004, 12:25 PM

It's a good thing you tuned your suspension for a half hour.

NiteRider
09-27-2004, 12:32 PM

holy have enough rubber to burn off?

Hollywood
09-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

with bad-ass flames to boot...:burnout:

I had flames?

Originally posted by JungleMatic86

It's a good thing you tuned your suspension for a half hour.

Ya I still could not get it right. Everyone said soften the front and tighten the back. But after I sofened the the front lots it seemed harder to drift.

Originally posted by NiteRider
holy have enough rubber to burn off?

Fucking nitto 555R extreme's.....wonderful tire! Not really made for drift tho.

rage2
09-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Ya I still could not get it right. Everyone said soften the front and tighten the back. But after I sofened the the front lots it seemed harder to drift.
It also depends if you're controlling compression, rebound or both.

But it shouldn't matter anyways at our level of skills.

JungleMatic86
09-27-2004, 01:26 PM
$300 cars with stock suspension work great. Anything more than that is complete overkill ;)

GT2NV
09-27-2004, 02:44 PM
lol probably true.. but id rather way rather watch a car with insane horsepower tear up a drift track (hollywood).... man i should have went last week :(

Cueman
09-27-2004, 03:06 PM

It's because your bouncing off the bump stops. Soften it and you'll just bounce off them harder.

SpoonEK9@STRD
09-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Cueman

It's because your bouncing off the bump stops. Soften it and you'll just bounce off them harder.

Those coilovers shouldnt be hiting the bump stops with the ride hight set there. even with a low dampning setting, like 2 from a 16way.

My He's are bottomed out, running the lowest dampning setting front and back ...never has it bottomed out. Though i have upgraded to the 10/8kg/mm springs..never did it with my 8/6kg/mm.

Holly woods car did pretty well that run, he was just a little throttle happy. maybe gear up.

rage2
09-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Most of hollywood's spins are because he doesn't countersteer fast enough, so he turns into the skid too much. Everyone suffers from that the first time out.

You basically have to countersteer as soon as you feel the back end slide ever so slightly... even if it looks like you're aiming straight for a wall. It's a response that takes a lot of time (and practice) to get used to. SpookEK9 got it right after a day or two. Major improvements in his driving! :thumbsup:

SpoonEK9@STRD
09-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Rage2 Make sure you get this weeks footage... Footage is worth the 40 bucks a day alone :D
Im gonna be on stock wheels with stock suspension this week... :clap:

JungleMatic86
09-27-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by black94gt
lol probably true.. but id rather way rather watch a car with insane horsepower tear up a drift track (hollywood).... man i should have went last week :(

Corollas get no respect....

and ya, props to spoonek9, your getting better. Theres more to drifting than just stomping the gas.

Cueman
09-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9

Those coilovers shouldnt be hiting the bump stops with the ride hight set there. even with a low dampning setting, like 2 from a 16way.

My He's are bottomed out, running the lowest dampning setting front and back ...never has it bottomed out. Though i have upgraded to the 10/8kg/mm springs..never did it with my 8/6kg/mm.

Holly woods car did pretty well that run, he was just a little throttle happy. maybe gear up.

Interesting... I thought his car looked horrible... but yours does look right so...

blueripper6
09-27-2004, 04:48 PM
Junglematic, theres something to say about being able to chirp someone elses tires(rages car, anyone notice quite a bit more smoke):angel:

Hollywood
09-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Cueman

Coilovers dont have bumpstops...... And I assure you on the track they would never bottom out.

Originally posted by SpoonEK9

I was having problems later in the night too. When I put everything back to street setup I noticed my front right strut was on 1 more full turn harder. If I go thursday Im gonna try all 4 loose and change my subframe spacers to drift instead drag.

Originally posted by rage2
Most of hollywood's spins are because he doesn't countersteer fast enough, so he turns into the skid too much. Everyone suffers from that the first time out.

Yup. If you actually havnt done it on the track, it's harder than it looks. I think if the track area was bigger it would make it easier to learn on as you have more time to think. But ya, I over steer for sure. Keep in mind Im also not really into drifting at all, I just have the car for it.

Here are the specs rage.
36 Way Fully Adjustable Dampening
Light Weight Aluminum Top Mounts
Pillow Top Mounts (adjustable camber)
Monotube High Pressure Design
Custom Spring Rates Available (3.5, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 18, and 22 kg/mm)

rage2
09-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by blueripper6
Junglematic, theres something to say about being able to chirp someone elses tires(rages car, anyone notice quite a bit more smoke):angel:
heh I was trying to conserve tires (especially after Junglematic's run in my car lol). Tread separation sucks... so much less track time.

I got a new set of 275 viper fronts on the back of my car now, ready for Thursday night!

JungleMatic86
09-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Fuck your settings dude :D Your car being setup properly isin't going to make it easyer to drift, and its not going to turn you into a better driver. No amout of tuning can make up for years of practice.

I can't stress this enough......
Practice is how you become good, not how expensive your car is.

My car is tuned with rust and blow shocks...they were both free. Weeeeeeee!! :werd:

Cueman
09-27-2004, 08:04 PM
[B] Coilovers dont have bumpstops...... And I assure you on the track they would never bottom out.

Well... the only place I bottom out is on the track. Whether there are bumpstops or not doesn't matter, the result is the same. But... was just a suggestion. :zzz:

swampbuggy
09-28-2004, 12:48 AM
Well, Q doesn't really know much about 86 anyway. So....

EricEric
09-29-2004, 11:37 AM
impressive runs buddy, alot of body roll hey, haha...
n.a. is the way to go....

Originally posted by JungleMatic86
Fuck your settings dude :D Your car being setup properly isin't going to make it easyer to drift, and its not going to turn you into a better driver. No amout of tuning can make up for years of practice.

I can't stress this enough......
Practice is how you become good, not how expensive your car is.

My car is tuned with rust and blow shocks...they were both free. Weeeeeeee!! :werd:

EK 2.0
09-29-2004, 11:44 AM

I had flames?

Yeah man on more than one occasion too...it looked HAWT...

Hollywood
09-29-2004, 01:07 PM
bah was moderated....fukers.