PDA

View Full Version : eg civic hatch.... c/f + mugen = uh WOW!

88CRX
09-26-2004, 02:10 AM
WOW! :drool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cf-48s :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

88CRX
09-26-2004, 02:10 AM

abej6
09-26-2004, 03:09 AM
oh.. my.. gawd.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

09-26-2004, 03:28 AM
thats lee's civic
i think it has a mugen twin loop exhaust too

shadowz
09-26-2004, 03:41 AM
that be my homie. wait till the swap and rollcage are done, very hot jdm replica

SpoonEK9@STRD
09-26-2004, 10:07 AM
:eek: :eek: :drool: :drool: :clap: :love: :love: :love:

nosegrindR
09-26-2004, 10:54 AM
LEEDOG!
:clap: :clap:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

CRXguy
09-26-2004, 11:43 AM
saw him at the shell in riverbend on friday. very nice in person. old school wheels! :thumbsup:

zeeshan66
09-26-2004, 12:34 PM
civic = :barf:

cujo_cjc
09-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 180882
thats lee's civic
i think it has a mugen twin loop exhaust too

twin loop?! :drool:

abej6
09-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
that be my homie. wait till the swap and rollcage are done, very hot jdm replica

who's making the rollcage?

i want to make my own.. but im running into problems.

can you PM me with some design ideas and dimensions:)

id appreciate it:D

statick
09-26-2004, 02:09 PM
not bad.:thumbsup:

5.9 R/T
09-26-2004, 02:28 PM
You guys need to get out more if a Civic with a couple pieces of CF make you drool. :nut:

NiteRider
09-26-2004, 02:35 PM
i liked the tenzo's it had on for wheels earlier

T5Bird
09-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Am I missing something?? :dunno:

civicluva
09-26-2004, 05:33 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

88CRX
09-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
You guys need to get out more if a Civic with a couple pieces of CF make you drool. :nut:

not to mention the uber rare mugen wheels that were discontinued 15 years ago :rolleyes:

method
09-26-2004, 07:07 PM
is that the guy at the autocircle that's always switchin wheels? I never know what that thing'll have on next.

autoBITCH
09-26-2004, 07:23 PM
when i first saw that thing...it made me wanna get my own civic hatchback......

it's hawwwtttt!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

illeagle
09-26-2004, 07:41 PM
What's the sticker in the rear window say? It's a really nice EG, catches my eye everytime i see it, That thing is SLAMMED

Team_Mclaren
09-26-2004, 07:48 PM
imo i dont really like those rims... may be becuase i dont drive a honda:tongue: , saw a set at jdm a while ago... i thought they were kinda ugly.....

zer0
09-26-2004, 08:25 PM
:poosie: :poosie: :poosie: :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :poosie: :poosie: :poosie:

CKY
09-26-2004, 08:54 PM
love the rims

calarina
09-26-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

not to mention the uber rare mugen wheels that were discontinued 15 years ago :rolleyes:

The best thing about those wheels is the fact that they weigh approx. 12 lbs each plus rubber. The fins that extend from the centre supposedly help to cool the brakes. They only came in 12", 13", 14", and 15", and 15" is supposedly the hardest size to find. They were either white, silver, or gunmetal, all with polished lip and +38 offset.

Here's a larger picture of the wheels:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/320000-320999/320902_22_full.jpg

I have a set of the same rims on my 87 Integra. :D

calarina
09-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by method
is that the guy at the autocircle that's always switchin wheels? I never know what that thing'll have on next.

I think he has an Advan sticker on the fenders. How many sets of rims does he have? :nut:

finboy
09-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by calarina

The best thing about those wheels is the fact that they weigh approx. 12 lbs each plus rubber. The fins that extend from the centre supposedly help to cool the brakes. They only came in 12", 13", 14", and 15", and 15" is supposedly the hardest size to find. They were either white, silver, or gunmetal, all with polished lip and +38 offset.

Here's a larger picture of the wheels:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/320000-320999/320902_22_full.jpg

I have a set of the same rims on my 87 Integra. :D

personal prefrence i guess, i could think of WAY nicer wheels for that car myself :dunno:

calarina
09-26-2004, 09:11 PM
The big attraction to them is the functionality. A lot of people compare them to clutch fans. :D

NiteRider
09-26-2004, 09:19 PM
looks like a clutch sorta

Ferio_vti
09-26-2004, 09:38 PM
They're so ugly, yet so different.
Like an accident, I can't stop staring.

BumpinTalon
09-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Sorry, but its just my opinion that "JDM" is the stupidest thing to happen to the import scene ever. I like the whole idea of CLEAN cars with high performance, but spending thousands and thousands of dollars on a JDM-looking car is dumb, spending thousands of dollars on premium rare JDM parts is dumb, looking for ugly rare JDM rims is dumb, and JDM conversions (RHD swaps anyone?) are even worse.
As far as Civics go this car is nice, but there are wayyy nicer ones and they used USDM parts that cost 1/5th as much as that JDM stuff. Rims make or break a car and those JDM little finned pieces of tin do not look good.

Gondi Stylez
09-27-2004, 12:10 AM
:eek: that is fuckin HOTTT!! :bigpimp: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JordanLotoski
09-27-2004, 12:11 AM
whats so nice about that???

Hash_man
09-27-2004, 01:44 AM
What's the sticker in the rear window say? It's a really nice EG, catches my eye everytime i see it, That thing is SLAMMED

I think its an I <3 honda sticker... i want one!.. saw the car at speedtech a little while ago, looks nice, wheels are super rare, and kinda cool, but IMO they dont suit the car at all.

autoBITCH
09-27-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
Sorry, but its just my opinion that &quot;JDM&quot; is the stupidest thing to happen to the import scene ever. I like the whole idea of CLEAN cars with high performance, but spending thousands and thousands of dollars on a JDM-looking car is dumb, spending thousands of dollars on premium rare JDM parts is dumb, looking for ugly rare JDM rims is dumb, and JDM conversions (RHD swaps anyone?) are even worse.
As far as Civics go this car is nice, but there are wayyy nicer ones and they used USDM parts that cost 1/5th as much as that JDM stuff. Rims make or break a car and those JDM little finned pieces of tin do not look good.

Yes, that is YOUR opinion and you're totally entitled to one, AND i'm sure a lot of us respect that too.. BUT its useless to state the fact that spending money on these JDM parts is dumb!!!

First of all, it's people's own money and their own choice regarding their purchases.

Second,
USDM = UNITED STATES domestic market
JDM= JAPANESE domestic market
two different places buddy, did you ever stop to think why people would purchase JDM over USDM??!?!?! CONSIDERING majority of the cars they're modifying are created in Japan?!?! Maybe for you...you'd like to stick with USDM cause technically speaking, your car was created in North America..if you didnt already know that!

And third, USDM parts are already easily accessed here in Canada..it's too common..reason being the US is so close...duhhhh.. On the otherhand, you've got Japan, which is across the ocean and is fair to say the "motherland" of the import scene. You know, sometimes people like to stray from the most common things around, hense turning towards foreign parts and conversions...regardless of the prices!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOO....what have we learned?? Don't bitch and complain about other peoples "dumb" purchases, there's no use in trying to put others down for their own interests, we all know it's YOUR opinion, but maybe sometimes, you should just keep that stuff to yourself??? It sure would keep this forum a lot cleaner...
I dont mean to offend you in any sort of way....but i guess this post was just MY TURN to express MY opinion?!!??!

and sorry...there's no point in bitching back cause this is a rhetorical post.... i dont mean for any arguements to arise!!
ohkay i'm done....

BTW..... I must say, the sticker on the back of that civic IS quite eye catching....just wondering where he got it?!

EK 2.0
09-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by autoBITCH

Yes, that is YOUR opinion and you're totally entitled to one, AND i'm sure a lot of us respect that too.. BUT its useless to state the fact that spending money on these JDM parts is dumb!!!

First of all, it's people's own money and their own choice regarding their purchases.

Second,
two different places buddy, did you ever stop to think why people would purchase JDM over USDM??!?!?! CONSIDERING majority of the cars they're modifying are created in Japan?!?! Maybe for you...you'd like to stick with USDM cause technically speaking, your car was created in North America..if you didnt already know that!

And third, USDM parts are already easily accessed here in Canada..it's too common..reason being the US is so close...duhhhh.. On the otherhand, you've got Japan, which is across the ocean and is fair to say the &quot;motherland&quot; of the import scene. You know, sometimes people like to stray from the most common things around, hense turning towards foreign parts and conversions...regardless of the prices!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOO....what have we learned?? Don't bitch and complain about other peoples &quot;dumb&quot; purchases, there's no use in trying to put others down for their own interests, we all know it's YOUR opinion, but maybe sometimes, you should just keep that stuff to yourself??? It sure would keep this forum a lot cleaner...
I dont mean to offend you in any sort of way....but i guess this post was just MY TURN to express MY opinion?!!??!

and sorry...there's no point in bitching back cause this is a rhetorical post.... i dont mean for any arguements to arise!!
ohkay i'm done....

BTW..... I must say, the sticker on the back of that civic IS quite eye catching....just wondering where he got it?!

kala mo kung sino ka??...wow...take a breather lil one...lol...

I do agree with all she had stated...but wowsahs...

I love the EG though...I think it looks amazing...

izzoblitzo
09-27-2004, 09:40 AM
The car in general looks pretty good. I drove past it on 11thAve once, but when it had other rims.. prolly a good two or three months ago.

These rims, although 15" are eye catching in a sense, but they do look like hubcaps in a way.. or perhaps steelie wheelies from a distance.

I liked the carbon hatch though.

This kind of usdm vs jdm thing will always spark debate. Because we all know how superior the japanese are over the americans :rolleyes: No different than domestics vs. import battles. I mean, why spend money on anything then, right? You spend because you want. you want because you like. You like, then you spend. It's that simple. :thumbsup:

bspot
09-27-2004, 11:25 AM
ugly :barf:

Maybe if he painted that CF... or put on yellow fenders and red quarters to mix up the colour scheme some more.

Seanith
09-27-2004, 12:24 PM
I see the whole JDM look as a way of bringing a car to the way it should be. Not the tuned/toned down versions that we always get in N.A. JDM cars are always the purest form that any of these cars came from the factory, and emulating that form is a desirable thing to do IMO.

BumpinTalon
09-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by autoBITCH

Second,

And third, USDM parts are already easily accessed here in Canada..it's too common..reason being the US is so close...duhhhh.. On the otherhand, you've got Japan, which is across the ocean and is fair to say the &quot;motherland&quot; of the import scene. You know, sometimes people like to stray from the most common things around, hense turning towards foreign parts and conversions...regardless of the prices!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOO....what have we learned?? Don't bitch and complain about other peoples &quot;dumb&quot; purchases, there's no use in trying to put others down for their own interests, we all know it's YOUR opinion, but maybe sometimes, you should just keep that stuff to yourself??? It sure would keep this forum a lot cleaner...

ohkay i'm done....

You are retarded. Let's think of USDM vs. JDM
USDM companies: Tenzo, Konig, Extreme Dimensions, VIS, Fiber Images, Turbonetics, Jackson Racing, Ractive, Toucan, so on so forth, oh yeah, and the North American divisions of Gredddy, HKS, and so on
JDM companies: Uras, Blits, Rays, Volk, and so on

Just because some company is from the same place our cars our made (and news flash, most of our cars aren't made in Japan, they are made in America or Mexico or NOT Japan because shipping cars over the Pacific costs a fortune) does not mean the parts are better. An exhaust from Japan will not produce free up more horsepower then an exhaust from America JUST BECAUSE it's Japanese. If the style you want is from Japan, then get the Japanese parts.
What makes me mad is, like I said, right-hand drive conversions, converting things to LOOK like the Japanese Type-Rs and whatnot (Ricers at their finest), and so on. And there is no advantage to these rims, because, as I see it, they are covering up almost the entire braking surface so there is no air flowing across the surface, just the rim itself acting as a heat sink. You'd think that since all the Formula 1s, Le Mans cars, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, race cars and so use 5 and 6 spoke, normal looking wheels and get along just fine, there is no point to using these ugly pieces of pricey crap. Just because it is JDM does not mean it is a good idea.
So shut up, you assumptious bitch.

DRFT-S13
09-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Can't we all just get along...people express themselves differently, so to each his/her own.

Lee, your car is SICK!! Its your own style, it suits you so all the more power to you and your way of expression. Can't wait till the swap is done, should be nuts!!

GT2NV
09-27-2004, 02:36 PM
i dont care how "jdm" those wheels are, it sure doesnt help the fact that there ugly:barf:

civicrider
09-27-2004, 02:44 PM
i saw this car today at the calgary auto mall, not my style but it still is cool:thumbsup:

SpoonEK9@STRD
09-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by abej6

who's making the rollcage?

i want to make my own.. but im running into problems.

can you PM me with some design ideas and dimensions:)

id appreciate it:D
Its a bolt on kit, hes getting a body shop to paint it.

Bitches can go home if it aint JDM.

i dont care how "jdm" those wheels are, it sure doesnt help the fact that there ugly

Surpirsed no posted you car up, we could have cut down your american racing wheel's... or were they motegi's wait they are made by the same company.

ninjak84
09-27-2004, 03:21 PM
I can't afford anything JDM, so I hate on it. My Talon is really slow, and built from no-name parts, therefore I get "small dink syndrome" anytime people start talking about car parts. I also feel that my cheap muffler and cheap rims give me super powers, so everyone else is a ricer and I am super bling.

Get lost fag.
Talking to a girl like that over the internet must make your cock grow hey?

GT2NV
09-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9

Surpirsed no posted you car up, we could have cut down your american racing wheel's... or were they motegi's wait they are made by the same company.
your first whole line makes no sence whatsoever. and btw my rims are niche, but thanx for coming out.:thumbsup: if those rims werent mugen every single person would puke if they saw them on a car.. just because there mugen doesnt make them anymore appealing.... dont get me wrong i like jdm cars, just not those rims:barf:

BumpinTalon
09-27-2004, 03:29 PM
and that's why JDM is fuckin retarded.

Just because something is from our side of the pond doesn't mean it sucks. I get props on these rims - they suit the stock lines - and they werne't my first choice either, they are the ones that came on the car. I bet if they were Spoon or Mugen you would be all over them too. There still are such things as "bad" companies (APC and those guys who make plastic spoilers) but just because the company's home base is in the US doesn't mean they suck.
Fact of the matter is - this Civic is fuckin ugly - nobody knows why he put such gay rims on unless they are an enthusiast - and they will just group this car into the same category as all the ricers on steelies, hubcaps, ricey lights, black painted hoods, and the general gayness that is the import scene.

No, I don't hate on JDM because I can't afford it. I was going to get a 180SX until I got this car - and la de da - it was cheaper then getting a 240 locally and it was a GOOD DEAL because it only had 70,000kms, a CA18DET, aftermarket suspension, and so on already. I might still sell this car and get something from Japan.

ninjawhatever you can just shut the fuck up right now. Let's see what you drive. ooh it's probably JDM, damn, I bet it's ugly and I haven't even seen it already. I didn't know it was a girl, and now that I do know - I don't care, it was her choice to get into it.

JDM used to be cool - now it's just an excuse to be stock. Let's go back to when JDM meant Skylines, Supras, and RX-7s with 600 horsepower, widebody kits, 10" wide rims, not crappy little Civics dressed up to look like their JDM cousins that really only perform marginally better then the USDM models.

parting shot: you know a trend is gay when the people who started it start badmouthing it. Read some Super Street editorials..

GT2NV
09-27-2004, 03:47 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: hahaha this statement doesnt even need a comment

Seanith
09-27-2004, 03:51 PM

Read some Super Street editorials..

King 'o' teh ricers! :rofl:

lam-boy
09-27-2004, 03:55 PM
who gives a funk, you guys are all getting worked up over this.
its someones car and he likes it the way he does..I don't really think he cares what we think about it.

edit: In before the lock! :D

BumpinTalon
09-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

King 'o' teh ricers! :rofl:

and now this. sooo yo think Top Secret's monster Skylines, Top Fuel's Supras, REA's RX-7s, and so on are ricey... starting last month, yeah, this magazine is turning pretty ricey but let's look back a few months ... and don't count the Alpine Civic either.
I do not see any other magazines featuring all those Japanese tuner cars... they always have USDM cars with USDM parts. So I guess that means they suck just because.

Seanith
09-27-2004, 03:59 PM
guy, that magazine has always been ricey. they have their own line of shit from apc.. if that doesn't tell you something i don't know what will. sure they are getting into the whole jdm scene, but i guess ghey mags like them are contributing to people thinking the jdm thing is bunk.

5.9 R/T
09-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Discontinued 15 years ago? Rare 15" Mugens? I see these hubcaps at Crappy Tire everytime I go in. :rofl:

Its sad that this scene puts so much value on what name is on the box and what continent it came from.

Edit: It aint a tight car if it aint a type R yo!#$!

ridiculous_
09-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
Discontinued 15 years ago? Rare 15&quot; Mugens? I see these hubcaps at Crappy Tire everytime I go in. :rofl:

Its sad that this scene puts so much value on what name is on the box and what continent it came from.

Edit: It aint a tight car if it aint a type R yo!#$!

this scene? so do mustang and camaro owners readily put japansese parts on their cars? ever thought of the fact that maybe the guy actually likes the wheels? (not likely, but possible)

BumpinTalon
09-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
guy, that magazine has always been ricey. they have their own line of shit from apc.. if that doesn't tell you something i don't know what will. sure they are getting into the whole jdm scene, but i guess ghey mags like them are contributing to people thinking the jdm thing is bunk.

that product line is only a year old (they need to make money somewhere..) and they've been doin the JDM thing for a long ass time now. I'll show you some covers from like 2000 if you want, with JDM tuner cars on the cover. They are not just gettin in to the whole JDM thing. They were the JDM thing.

edit: and "Its sad that this scene puts so much value on what name is on the box and what continent it came from." sums it up really, really well. He should have put the $3,000 he spent on ugly, probably not even functional (as far as brake cooling goes) rims towards a turbo.

Eken9
09-27-2004, 05:49 PM
I think the wheels look ok, but why spend that large sum of money for rim's only 3 people at a car meet MIGHT recognize?

shadowz
09-27-2004, 05:52 PM
WOW you guys are making a big deal over something so little, some of you need to calm down. I respect your opinions to a point, yea some people dont like JDM because they think it looks half assed or uncomplete but big deal, no one is making fun of what you do to your car. If thats the way he wants to spend his money respect it. Because my buddy isnt a fan of large wheels, big body kits or wild paint schemes so he should be labelled a ricer for wanting a JDM look? Theres different types of "jdm" look such as Mugen or Blitz Br34, and all this fuss is over a silly set of 15 inch wheels . I would hate to see how you guys react to serious stuff in life. Everyone should calm right down, my friend appreciates all the feedback, but no reason to bash, its all in fun. Oh and why does anyone care how much he paid for them, stop making assumptions

7thgenvic
09-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
WOW you guys are making a big deal over something so little, some of you need to calm down. I respect your opinions to a point, yea some people dont like JDM because they think it looks half assed or uncomplete but big deal, no one is making fun of what you do to your car. If thats the way he wants to spend his money respect it. Because my buddy isnt a fan of large wheels, big body kits or wild paint schemes so he should be labelled a ricer for wanting a JDM look? Theres different types of &quot;jdm&quot; look such as Mugen or Blitz Br34, and all this fuss is over a silly set of 15 inch wheels . I would hate to see how you guys react to serious stuff in life. Everyone should calm right down, my friend appreciates all the feedback, but no reason to bash, its all in fun. Oh and why does anyone care how much he paid for them, stop making assumptions

:closed:

Team_Mclaren
09-27-2004, 06:08 PM
alright , this is getting out of hand:

USDM VS JDM can go on forever, its presonal perference really.

You are free to express your personal opinion on this forum, but i see that there are personal attacks happening. So plz keep that in mind next time. And PLEASE, respect other people's car, keep the brutal comments to yourself.

AND HERE COMES THE LOCK!:D :closed: