PDA

View Full Version : need some advice

dizzydtrain
09-26-2004, 10:19 AM
am sure many people have come here with advice like this but this has been on my mind for a couple of weeks now. I plan on buying a car around spring time in 2005. I am currently driving a 2002 chrysler concord that my parents gave me as a graduation gift. its a nice car but not very fun to drive at times. I have always had a thing for mustangs and ebay offers a lot of them with upgrades or just stock v8's. I also looked at some WRX's Jetta VR6, and some audi a4's. I would love to own a mustang but i live in new york state so a mustang would be pretty hard to drive around winter time. I read some threads online and people mentioned taht they put heavy objects in the trunk so they can kinda get better traction. Mustangs just come with a lot of power from the getgo and have many upgrade options. If a mustang is really so hard to drive in the winter then its probably a shame to even buy one and drive it through the punishing winter here. I am definatly looking for a fun car thats pretty fast and can last me a couple of years. I realized by going to ebay that there are so many good cars out there and they all are sweet in their own way. Jetta's with the v6 engine look good too. They seem to be good on speed and i know the quality is usually top notch when it comes down to VW. These are just some of my thoughts on some of the cars i would consider. I would appreciate it if some of you guys could just point me in the right direction maybe. WHatever car i buy, i wont go crazy with upgrades. I am willing to add a few things to enhance the performance but i wont be spending thousands. THanks. CUrrently considering (mustang GT,wrx,jetta vr6[maybe even 1.8T), audi 1.8 quattro.

statick
09-26-2004, 01:45 PM
out of wut ur considering , i'm saying audi 1.8t quatro....but wuts ur spenidng range ?

Khyron
09-26-2004, 02:13 PM
I love the new mustangs, so I'd wait and try one of those out, they are around Jetta pricing.

Khyron