PDA

View Full Version : buffering question

crazydave
09-26-2004, 12:57 PM
i rubbed up against a saturn in a parking lot and left some of my paint on his front bumper. im convinced i can take it out myself with some buffering shit. thing is i havent really worked with it before.i dont care about my 240 to much cuz it didnt really affect it and can hardly tell. plus its a drift/autox car. but i dont want this guy to take it to a place that will over charge or anything, so any suggestions on how i can take my white paint of his front bumper with tricks of the trade and some buffering tools. THANKS for all help.

GTS Jeff
09-26-2004, 04:19 PM
ok well first its called buffing. anyway, to make sure itll even come off, try licking your finger then rubbing at it really hard.

if that works, buy some scratch remover and go at it with a towel.

crazydave
09-28-2004, 07:33 AM
ok so no buffing then!lol sry im a dumbass.

crazydave
09-28-2004, 07:35 AM
how do you close this thread, its really gay:guns: :closed:

GTS Jeff
09-28-2004, 01:52 PM
did u get it fixed?

dkny_stylez
09-28-2004, 02:08 PM
just get him to take it to a shop, and you pay...It's only gonna be like 20 bucks

crazydave
09-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by dkny_stylez
just get him to take it to a shop, and you pay...It's only gonna be like 20 bucks
i hope so, but i was thinking more of around 100 but owell, that what i get for being an idiot

GTS Jeff
09-28-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by crazydave

i hope so, but i was thinking more of around 100 but owell, that what i get for being an idiot so any update on the situation?

custom culture
09-29-2004, 12:21 PM
ok heres how you fix it....soak some 2000 grit wet dry sandpaper in a bucket for 15 min. sand out the mark.. then use a powerpolisher with some fine cut polish, followed by a finishing glaze..... done looks like new.

crazydave
09-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
so any update on the situation?

no update yet. he hasnt called me yet. he said he was gunna go to whoever was cheapest. but if he doenst call me(which i hope he doesnt forever) then ill just hope he forgot about it and hopefully it was nothin to fix

GTS Jeff
09-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by crazydave

no update yet. he hasnt called me yet. he said he was gunna go to whoever was cheapest. but if he doenst call me(which i hope he doesnt forever) then ill just hope he forgot about it and hopefully it was nothin to fix i take it u havent bothered to try fixing it on your own?

crazydave
09-29-2004, 03:03 PM
well i dont know the guys name or nothin and i thought he was gunna phone me a day later and hasnt phoned me since it happed, so i have no way of getting a hold of him