PDA

View Full Version : new stereo (cant stand the garbage bose system)

migsbenz
09-26-2004, 04:54 PM
I'm looking at replacing the ugly deck and the crappy bose system in my 2002 Mercedes c230 kompressor.

Anyone have any suggestions on what deck I should buy? I like the look of the new panasonics (need mp3). I like the LCD screens but the price is crazy.

Any suggestions on speakers/amps/subs?

Im lookin at spending 2-3K max.

Any idea if the stereo functionality on the steering wheel would be able to work with a new deck.

Also, I had a bad experience gettin my system installed at a shop called EconoSound in my old car. Anyone have any suggestions for a good install shop, I really dont want them to fuck up my car.

Thanks. :werd:

eblend
09-29-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by migsbenz
I'm looking at replacing the ugly deck and the crappy bose system in my 2002 Mercedes c230 kompressor.

Anyone have any suggestions on what deck I should buy? I like the look of the new panasonics (need mp3). I like the LCD screens but the price is crazy.

Any suggestions on speakers/amps/subs?

Im lookin at spending 2-3K max.

Any idea if the stereo functionality on the steering wheel would be able to work with a new deck.

Also, I had a bad experience gettin my system installed at a shop called EconoSound in my old car. Anyone have any suggestions for a good install shop, I really dont want them to fuck up my car.

Thanks. :werd:

hey, what happened with econosound, i buy misc stuff there all the time, never subs or anything big, just like passlock bypasses and stuff...whats wrong with them. would love to know hehe, i just go there because its like 2 min from my work
sorry i am no use to answering ur questin

JAYMEZ
09-29-2004, 12:10 AM
Do a search on systems here , im pretty sure its been covered a million times.

ryder_23
09-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Working on a benz, isnt like workin on a civic. I mean he could take it to Scamsaround, and end up with scrapes all over his nice dash etc... Might want to try some shops that deal with alot of "custom" work, audioconcept maybe? :dunno: i dont know much about them, but always hear there name

badseed
09-29-2004, 01:03 AM
Audio Concepts, Alpine Stereo:thumbsup: & by the way Bose isn't garbage.

nismodrifter
09-29-2004, 01:09 AM
check around the benz sites (benzworld and bnzsport and all the others) and get some info...lots of info to be found on stereo/setups for your car on those sites

migsbenz
09-29-2004, 01:37 AM
Thx for the info. I'll post on benz world, see if anyone can come up with something.

And about econo sound... i got a stereo put into my corrado. The equipment price is good at that store, but the installation is bad. They broke two of the speaker covers and put it back together with glue and it was a mess. The stereo never worked longer than a month before one speaker didnt work or one sub didnt work or nothing worked or I could hear the engine or whatever...

And when my car was getting installed I watched a guy bring in his 78 mustang (mint condition) to have a simple cd player replace the factory cassette. He takes off for an hour and the first guy that goes to put the new deck in opens the door and it slams against a pole. They just showed no respect or care for the cars they worked with. I didn't see what happened when the guy returned but I doubt he was pleased...

They got good prices but get it installed elsewhere.

It is for this reason I am so paranoid to take my car to anybody.

Weapon_R
09-29-2004, 03:16 AM
Audio concepts is highly regarded as one of the best install shops in the city. They also carry the best equipment too, so you don't have to worry. 2-3K is a LOT to spend on speakers and subs...but if you have it and you want to spend it, you can get some very, very nice equipment for that price.

decyphex
09-29-2004, 02:15 PM
BOSE isn't trash, CORRECT! but some of the systems in older cars weren't so great. They make a good system though!! At least for houses anyway... lol

rahim
09-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by decyphex
BOSE isn't trash, CORRECT! but some of the systems in older cars weren't so great. They make a good system though!! At least for houses anyway... lol
you are going to have to spend at least 200 to just replace the deck because they will have to run new speaker wire to all the speakers, to bypass the factory amps

sputnik
09-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Audio Concepts Mobile :thumbsup:

My fiancees dad does tons of work on the owners' cars. Seem like nice guys too.

dkny_stylez
09-29-2004, 02:55 PM
umm bose doesn't suck