PDA

View Full Version : Jones Jr.

Ajay
09-26-2004, 06:45 PM
Did anyone see the Glen Johnson vs Roy Jones Jr. fight?

Jones got worked the entire fight only to get a crazy blow to end it in the 9th....that was TIGHT! I've been a Jones fan for awhile but after the Tarver/Jones fight last Oct (first one) it was definetly apparent he lost a step.

Can't wait for this coming Sat to see Trinidad and Mayorga....hopefully Hopkins fights the winner of that fight cause either of those guys would be a good matchup for Hopkins!

CKY
09-26-2004, 09:03 PM
i missed it for family dnner :banghead:

i thought tsn was putting on a rerun for the hopkins vs de la hoya fight? what time is that? or did they show it already?

Ajay
09-27-2004, 12:04 AM
Yah they already showed it...might show it again but damn...was suprised to see Roy Jones get caught the way he did.

Think his career is over...two straight knockouts....boy isn't the power he used to be.

Selika
09-27-2004, 09:00 AM
The bout was :zzz:. Roy Jones didn't even do anything. He was like a punching bag. Although Glen Johnson won the fight by a knockout, he wasn't great. Jones was out cold after the knockout because he hit his head on the canvas as he fell.

Tarver on the other hand, gave Jones the punishment, the punishment that could lead to end his career. Whatever happened to his chicken fighting style, with the unexpecting and devastating punch? He ought to retire. Why did he wear someone's else olympic medal during his entrance?