PDA

View Full Version : would a turbo drasticly increase performance in my 94 integra?

asp integra
09-26-2004, 11:20 PM
i am just wondering, i am planing on doing so major stuff to my car in the spring and i am just wondering how other people have done with turbos, especially in integras

Aleks
09-26-2004, 11:29 PM
Lots of potential just depends what exactly you want to do. You can buy a kit off the shelf or you can try and putting one together yourself. Go on www.honda-tech.com and browse the forced induction forum for a while. Lots of good info there. And also there are lots of guys on this board that have done it and they seem to think it's worth it!
Good luck with your project!

legendboy
09-27-2004, 08:05 AM
I say 3 second faster 1/4 mile times is a drastic improvement!

Weapon_R
09-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Yes it will DRASTICALLY improve performance. Once I added FI to my car it felt like a completely different car.

^SkylinE^
09-27-2004, 01:37 PM
YES! DO IT now you just need to do some research or pay for someone to do it for you. :thumbsup: :burnout:

rage2
09-27-2004, 01:43 PM
Legendboy has put together numerous custom kits for integras. They all go pretty darn quick.

If you want less hassles, speedtech also puts together full kits, with full tuning as well.

bcrdukes
09-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Bottom line - Turbos always increase performance drastically and that applies to most cars.

That also depends what else you've done with your engine as well. :)

CelicaST-162
09-28-2004, 08:22 PM
Nah turboes are stupid and a complete waste of time and money:D Yes they drastically increase power and torque and turbos make my supra feel 2000lbs lighter :rolleyes:

frozenrice
10-10-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by asp integra
i am just wondering, i am planing on doing so major stuff to my car in the spring and i am just wondering how other people have done with turbos, especially in integras

I was in Vancouver last week and my buddy's brother had a 94 Integra with a turbo in it. There was so much additional power that his mechanic took me for the ride because he can't handle the power yet. Laid a 30ft patch of rubber in 3rd gear after the turbo kicked in. Definately a huge difference vs. stock.

Keep the FI on the track, though. It was frickin scary a few times when I looked over and realized we were doing 180kph on city streets. I have to admit it was pretty stupid for him to do that. We could have easily killed ourselves or somebody else.

gpomp
10-10-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
We could have easily killed ourselves or somebody else.
Well, if you drive like that.... doesnt really matter what car it is.

1-Bar
10-10-2004, 11:12 AM
that's a pretty broad question: the answer is yes, yes it will.

SaabKraft
10-10-2004, 03:19 PM
yes yes yes ^_^

next question is how can you increase traction to keep up with the torque and hp gains?

spinning tyres in 2nd is great... and the sound of spooling? :drool:

illeagle
10-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by SaabKraft

next question is how can you increase traction to keep up with the torque and hp gains

if you have money, LSD.. softer fat tires help too.. also learn how to control the spinning at launch without bogging. (I never got it right.):thumbsdow

1-Bar
10-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by SaabKraft
yes yes yes ^_^

next question is how can you increase traction to keep up with the torque and hp gains?

spinning tyres in 2nd is great... and the sound of spooling? :drool:

LSD would be key, also suspension setup in terms of stiffining up all four corners would help reduce the weight transfer issue.

You'd also be amazed on what the difference in rubber can make in grip....I had Kuhmo 711, 712, to Yoko ES100s now on A520 and I ain't going back....lol

SaabKraft
10-10-2004, 04:11 PM
to the two above ^^^^^

i didn't start this post, and my question was directed at the one who did... i already know about LSD, tyres, suspension etc.

so i revise it with

next question is how will you increase traction to keep up with the torque and hp gains

ps: even with my transmission having been rebuilt, it's the achilles heel of my car (newer ones were better) a jorgen eriksson 4 speed rally box with a phantom grip LSD would be my personal way of coping with traction and torque steer. that and a set of toyo proxes T1-S wrapped around 16" rims suspended by konis and intrax springs.

Will@STRD
10-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Beside LSD you can also look into traction bar

cujo_cjc
10-30-2004, 02:17 PM
i was thinking of turboin my 97 gsr
but i dont really kno where to start...id rather do a custom setup?
how much do these setups usually run?

Will@STRD
10-31-2004, 03:50 AM
cujo_cjc: It start off at around $5-6K without touching the internal
It comes with everything you need and install. If you have more question feel free to PM me

Superesc
10-31-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by cujo_cjc
i was thinking of turboin my 97 gsr
but i dont really kno where to start...id rather do a custom setup?
how much do these setups usually run?

Good place to start is looking at kits and what those kits include. Will give you an idea of cost and what you need as of bare essentials.

http://www.importparts.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=700_711&products_id=2185

vtec23
11-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).