PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

shakalaka
09-26-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi there
Actually, I am in kind of a fix. I am tired of looking at my same old boring room. So i was thinking of rennovating it a bit. Just by painting it some different color or trying to make it something more cool. I was looking if you guys have any suggestions as to what i can do. Or even any websites which have pictures of cool looking rooms and stuff like that. So that I can just paint it myself, nothing hardcore. Not looking to spend major amount of money on this. So let me know what you guys have to say. And I appreciate or comments. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

///M3
09-26-2004, 11:58 PM
ikea shit is what i go for. modern yet not hella expensive. And try painting your room a really bright color. a dark color just makes it feel small dull dark and cold.

SaabKraft
09-27-2004, 12:03 AM
if you have old furnature, like a bland white shelf unit or something, you could spray it black and paint the shelf surfaces red.. than laquer it.... i like clean simple designs for furnature combined with more.. antiquated faccessories... recovering inexpensive furnature is great, as is IKEA's stuff.. mix and match. wall painting is a good idea, track lights make any ceiling look art gallery chic.

if you have crappy old 70's and 80's wooden doors or borders, repaint them?

hmm... no idea unless i get a pic of what you have in there now, and what kind of decor it is.

shakalaka
09-27-2004, 12:20 AM
Well, its not that old of a house. It was made last year. The only thing is its like dull creamish color and stuff like that. Which i am bored of looking at all the time. I dont want to play with the furniture or anything. Just want to change the look of the room through paint or make it something cool. I will try to get a picture of the room soon. Dont got a camera right now, so i guess just use phone camera. But i will try to get the pic of the room soon. I dont have much done to it or anything. Its pretty dull and boring actually.

///M3..Bright colors like what? Examples???

t-im
09-27-2004, 01:24 AM
I got bored a few years ago and repainted..

my room has grey/blue walls...more blue but nothing near NAVY or BABY blue...

and i have white furniture, except my desk which is grey...and i have a dark blue bookshelf which looks good with the wall color, and i have that metal ikea magazine rack on onewall and the ikea cd rack on another wall..the "check mark" one..
and my night table is that ikea "C" shaped which looks cool

and I have some paintings in my room that were done by some friends..really cool and free :)

basically, my room was done on the cheap....and i just made everything match everything else

crx62
09-27-2004, 02:39 AM
ok first of all do not i repeat do not use ikea, if u r wanting to do something different and original ikea is not the place to go.

Use ur imagination and see wat u think would look good.

When i changed my room like u r wanting to do i put in a tv,dvd,computer,stereo,and a whole bunch of other stuff.

here r some steps i can offer u.

1.) Plan out wat u want to do. (stand in the room and see wat u want to take out and put in)

2.) colour corridinate (This is just so it doesnt look weird when someone goes into your room)

3.) plan out ur budget ( i set 1000$)

4.) Set out a time frame this will help u get things done in the shortest time possible.

5.) Double check everything and make sure u got it all.

These 5 steps took me a grand total of 10 minutes to plan out.

Good luck:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

autoBITCH
09-27-2004, 03:03 AM
I dont know if this helps at all but here's a pic:

http://www.crown-imperial.co.uk/graphics/bedrooms/treviso.jpg

and here's a link to go to that has SOME pics of different bedrooms, very modern looks, some of them are gay though, hehe....

http://www.crown-imperial.co.uk/bedrooms.asp

Melinda
09-27-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by crx62
ok first of all do not i repeat do not use ikea, if u r wanting to do something different and original ikea is not the place to go.
Actually I just moved into a new bedroom and managed to make my room look pretty awesome using only ikea furniture so I dont know what you're talking about. Sure, lots of people have similar things but no one will have the same set up and the same furniture in your room as you and what you do with it is where you get to be creative.

What made my room interesting though is the paint. All my walls were painted a BRIGHT white and then one wall was done in a burnt sienna (dark orange) Most of my furniture and bedding is black against the orange wall and white/maple around the rest of the room. On the walls are framed pieces of work that I've done and had published, pictures I've done of friends and there will be a few more of my photos to decorate the room soon. (Haha if you are your own artist then its awesome to have stuff to decorate the walls...if not, find a friend who does art or photography or hit up a print shop like 'where it's art' and find some cool stuff that suits you)

I love my room, having planned it out myself and bought a whole bunch of new stuff (night table, wardrobe, desk and bookshelf) for myself makes me even more proud of it. If I had bought it from somewhere else, it would have taken me alot longer to put my room together cause ikea's furniture is a little more affordable then most.

shakalaka
09-27-2004, 08:51 AM
Well, thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think i wasnt really clear enough in my questions, because all i really want to do to my room is paint the walls like some different color then what it really is right now. Because that is the main thing i am bored of, the paint. The furniture in there i dont really want to touch because its fairly new. I got a white computer shelf, with black computer on it. Then i got side tables and a dressing drawer which i think is kind of a yellowish shade, and my closet has sliding doors on it with mirrors in the front. Basically i just want to change the paint, or maybe just one side of the wall if that would help. Again, I will try to get a picture soon so that you guys can get a better idea. Just waiting for my camera phone. Thanks a lots for all the suggestions I have had till now, i really appreciate them.

Ben
09-27-2004, 09:01 AM
Ikea Furnature looks good and all, but is about as durable as a flower petal. All Show no go, ricer furnature, haha. Only thing I've bought from IKEA that hasn't deteriorated from very infrequent use has been my mesh metal trash basket.

Just paint the room a nice bold color and go from there :)

Melinda
09-27-2004, 09:07 AM
For my paint I just did 3 out of the 4 walls a bright white then i took a color that I really liked (orange) and did the main wall in the room that color...leaves a lot more interest to the walls :)

Ben
09-27-2004, 09:17 AM
If you're looking to give the feeling of more space, a nice big mirror opposite the entry way adds depth to the living area.

Gonthro
09-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Paint the ceiling!

it'll give your room a completely new look