PDA

View Full Version : BMW 1 series

strang
09-27-2004, 01:17 AM
I searched around and there were no threads regarding this. Do we know for a fact that BMW will be bringing this line to Canada? I know it's not gonna launch in US till 2007 because of licensing etc. But google searches on the subject reaveals that it will be selling in Canada & Mexico simultaneously with the European markets.

If so, any estimates on the pricing?

The 120d sport is a sick package. Check out BMW's UK site for a full spec sheet. It just looks too good to be true.

Imagine a turbo charged diesel RWD under 30 K!!?

Dope Dealer
09-27-2004, 02:55 AM
I read it will be slightly higher than the current VW Golf... Said to be more than 26k but no official word.

C4S
09-27-2004, 10:23 AM
They are not coming to Canada .. in the near future ..

but depends .. if A3 or A class can sell well here .. then 1 series will come .. the new 1 series is rate the best and most important car for UK in 50 years ! :eek: :eek:

But I think the coupe version ( 2 series ? ) will come for sure ..
Stupid american don't like Sport-Wagon .. :(

Xtrema
09-27-2004, 10:31 AM
1 will be counter productive since BMW already has Mini.

In a more crowded small car market in Europe, more offering make sense. But here, it may cut into Mini's sales.

And historically 318 didn't really sell well here anyway.

On the other hand, Canada seems to be warm to small car quicker than U.S. and our tastes in car is more in line with the Europeans. So you'll never know, it may show up here before U.S.

Moe Man
09-27-2004, 07:08 PM
i have international satilight and i was watching them test drive it and talk all about it......IMO not bad didnt undersatand a word they where saying thow

1badPT
09-27-2004, 09:09 PM
Are they RWD?

three.eighteen.
09-27-2004, 09:20 PM
yes they are rwd, and if vw is bringing the A3, it would seem logical for bmw to bring the 1