PDA

View Full Version : Dodge srt-4 (Turbo) or Saturn Redline (supercharger)

Pages : 1 [2]

voodoo
11-05-2004, 03:58 PM
i read that they arnt that fast in the 1/4

Euro_Trash
11-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Cool, if you don't mind moving to Ft. Mac DO IT. You can make a decent ammount up there. I didn't want to move so I started in Calgary. Either way good luck. But don't think that 50G a year will change your lifestyle too too much trust me hehehe (damn student loans)

No I didnt take any loans, I found a good summer job with an oil company and I make enough to pay off a years school payments. Im hopin I can make it through all 5 years without any loans

Euro_Trash
11-05-2004, 05:13 PM
lol no orignally from BC, I live in Okotoks, AB now and am in rez up in edmonton. Are you taking engineering at U of C rite now? If so, what year are you?

ACX
11-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by bspot

1/4 mile: 14.5 stock

Dyno: between 195 and 210 whp, something like 170 tq. Not as sure on the tq though.

14.5 stock? I never thought they were that fast considering the gearing is messed up on them.. good on them..

[email protected] is the best stock one I found.. hmm learn something new every day..

Phuqu
11-05-2004, 05:47 PM
It was downhill.

adrianracer
11-08-2004, 12:04 AM

I graduated this spring, took internship with Devon and now I work at TCPL

Hey girls, if you are going to have a personal chit chat use the PM feature, the rest of don't care!?

cookbob
11-08-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by ACX

14.5 stock? I never thought they were that fast considering the gearing is messed up on them.. good on them..

[email protected] is the best stock one I found.. hmm learn something new every day..

well i guess the redline is a decently fast car for the money but imo i would take the srt4 because like the look of it more and it makes even more power and factory engine upgrades that dont void the warrnty.

Euro_Trash
11-08-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by adrianracer

Hy girls, if you are going to have a personal chit chat use the PM feature, the rest of don't care!?

neat

voodoo
11-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by cookbob

well i guess the redline is a decently fast car for the money but imo i would take the srt4 because like the look of it more and it makes even more power and factory engine upgrades that dont void the warrnty.

actually if the "upgraded"parts are determined to cause the problem then DCX WONT warrenty the stuff that broke

ACX
11-08-2004, 02:17 PM
The right dealers will. A straight uip yes or no isn't exactly enough here. The stuff is engineered with a high margin of safety.

I'll have no qualms about activating stage 3.

bspot
11-08-2004, 02:38 PM
GM is supposed to becoming out with upgrade kits for the Redline/Cobalt as well, but suprise suprise no one has seen one of them yet :banghead:

Aleks
11-08-2004, 03:19 PM

Hy girls, if you are going to have a personal chit chat use the PM feature, the rest of don't care!?

Oh I am sorry I didn't mean to upset you! :cry: Happy now?

ACX
11-08-2004, 04:34 PM
As brash as it was he's right.

SO :cry: your own self.

Bspot. It will be neat to see what they come out with. I know the motor is still making power at redline, IIRC Peak is redline, so I know the thing can hack more boost.
:thumbsup:

Aleks
11-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by ACX
As brash as it was he's right.

SO :cry: your own self.

Bspot. It will be neat to see what they come out with. I know the motor is still making power at redline, IIRC Peak is redline, so I know the thing can hack more boost.

So how's me asking some dude on here where he's going to school any different than you posting pics of WT and lifted Camaros in response to some tard's comments? Yeah your shit was funnier but that comment didn't add anything relevant to this discussion either...

GoChris
11-08-2004, 04:53 PM
^^ neither did that post
or this one i know

adrianracer
11-08-2004, 09:48 PM

So how's me asking some dude on here where he's going to school any different than you posting pics of WT and lifted Camaros in response to some tard's comments? Yeah your shit was funnier but that comment didn't add anything relevant to this discussion either...

It's called "consideration" for the hundreds of people on here that want to read posts that are close to relevent to the thread they choose to read, not a private conversation between two people. Get it? if not, stay off of this "public" forum. Thankyou

Aleks
11-09-2004, 08:55 AM

It's called "consideration" for the hundreds of people on here that want to read posts that are close to relevent to the thread they choose to read, not a private conversation between two people. Get it? if not, stay off of this "public" forum. Thankyou

Ok thanks! :rolleyes: Sounds like you wanna be a mod. This is the second time you've told someone in this thread not to post anymore. Until you become one I guess what you can do is hit that little button "report this post to a mod" if you have such a big problem with it.

bspot
11-09-2004, 10:52 AM
:confused:

So.. forced induction american cars eh... I hear those SRT 4's are really fast and stuff

voodoo
11-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by bspot
:confused:

So.. forced induction american cars eh... I hear those SRT 4's are really fast and stuff
yeh i hear that everyone that owns one, thinks its the fastest car in the world :eek: :eek: :dunno:

adrianracer
11-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by voodoo

yeh i hear that everyone that owns one, thinks its the fastest car in the world :eek: :eek: :dunno:

Ok, I admit it, a Porsche GT1 is faster!

SkylineAdmirer
11-10-2004, 02:32 PM

^^ and how did that contribute to the thread? mr.geniuswannabeemod

(and this didnt contribute much either, just pointing something out)

voodoo
11-10-2004, 02:39 PM

i wont, i swear my car is faster :burnout: :burnout:

ACX
11-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by SkylineAdmirer

Dont' you have some weed to smoke?? :hitit:

As for the value of my post. 1 Large reason I'm happy with the SRT4. How about.. this..

Factory hairdryer swap, 400+bhp with more tq to match, safely tuned by dodge.

http://members.cox.net/tarkus3/stage3/badge.jpg

http://members.cox.net/tarkus3/stage3/turbo.jpg

I wish that were mine, which it should be in the spring..

voodoo
11-10-2004, 03:34 PM
hahhaa me too. or the AGP kit

adrianracer
11-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by SkylineAdmirer

Careful shit head, I might be a mod soon, and me and many others will hit the "ban" button simultanously.

hotleb403
11-11-2004, 09:13 PM
SRT 4 WOULD KILL THAT PEICE

Ek9Max
11-19-2004, 03:59 AM
come buy one from me already.

finboy
11-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by ACX

Dont' you have some weed to smoke?? :hitit:

As for the value of my post. 1 Large reason I'm happy with the SRT4. How about.. this..

Factory hairdryer swap, 400+bhp with more tq to match, safely tuned by dodge.

http://members.cox.net/tarkus3/stage3/badge.jpg

http://members.cox.net/tarkus3/stage3/turbo.jpg

I wish that were mine, which it should be in the spring..

any reason besides saving the warantly that you are choosing the mp turbo upgrade and not an aftermarket manifold and turbo? i also have heard that some company is producing an srt style manifold (turbine housing part of the mani) in t3/t4 configuration, but i can't remember which company.

ACX
11-19-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by finboy

any reason besides saving the warantly that you are choosing the mp turbo upgrade and not an aftermarket manifold and turbo? i also have heard that some company is producing an srt style manifold (turbine housing part of the mani) in t3/t4 configuration, but i can't remember which company.

Warranty will be the big reason, as well this is the power level I'm looking for. I'm not wanting to get 400+ to the wheels, although that is cake these days.. Nice quick spool up, streetable, hella torque. No tuning is another big one. No muss no fuss just install and go. Evidently an a/f in the mid 11s. MOre or less a dog dirt retard proof fast car. Here is the first stage III dyno I've seen besides the one appearing in SCC.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/234/436582stage_3_dyno.jpg
This was on 100 Octane. I personally expect them to dyno a little higher than this on average, but we'll see. I would expect 315-325 horse / 340ish tq on pump gas.

finboy
11-19-2004, 11:51 AM
how are the stock headgaskets holding up? would you consider having any head work done for better flow numbers?

GoChris
11-19-2004, 11:51 AM
hey since a few srt4 guys are reading this thread, can you please help me out here http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66628 about some winter tires :)

ACX
11-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by finboy
how are the stock headgaskets holding up? would you consider having any head work done for better flow numbers?

yo Ride.us check srtforums.com, I know 15 inch pt cruiser steelies work, as to the VW ones.. YOu have to be careful about caliper clearance. My car is put away for the winter..

Anyways, finster. I've never heard of a head gasket issue on these cars ever. Or in the turbo PTs for that matter.

Head work, I know that is becoming more popular and guys are getting some really good results. To be honest though, if I can run that level of power and just be happy, I'll likely just cut it there. But the option is definitely there.
:angel:

finboy
11-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by ACX

yo Ride.us check srtforums.com, I know 15 inch pt cruiser steelies work, as to the VW ones.. YOu have to be careful about caliper clearance. My car is put away for the winter..

Anyways, finster. I've never heard of a head gasket issue on these cars ever. Or in the turbo PTs for that matter.

Head work, I know that is becoming more popular and guys are getting some really good results. To be honest though, if I can run that level of power and just be happy, I'll likely just cut it there. But the option is definitely there.
:angel:

happy with those #'s? i call :bullshit: there is NEVER enough power :D

ACX
11-19-2004, 04:48 PM
To be honest, I'd look at a bigger intercooler, and probably go bigger on the exhaust / DP.

But indeed too much is barely enough. I'm thinking about procuring a firebreathing 04 Cobra in the spring though..:devil:

finboy
11-19-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by ACX
To be honest, I'd look at a bigger intercooler, and probably go bigger on the exhaust / DP.

But indeed too much is barely enough. I'm thinking about procuring a firebreathing 04 Cobra in the spring though..:devil:
hmmm, you want to get rid of your intercooler, and i need a bigger intercooler, any chance you can let me know when its up for grabs? :thumbsup:

canadiandaytona
11-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Won't fit in a sprint. I thnik it will only work in a Daytona Thus I should get dibs:D

finboy
11-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by canadiandaytona
Won't fit in a sprint. I thnik it will only work in a Daytona Thus I should get dibs:D

bah, you already have a FMIC bastard :rofl:

canadiandaytona
11-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Okay Ill sell you mine and use the money to buy his:D :angel:

finboy
11-20-2004, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by canadiandaytona
Okay Ill sell you mine and use the money to buy his:D :angel:

$20 :D :rofl:

GoChris
11-20-2004, 11:02 AM
just got my new 04 silver srt4 yesterday! can barely afford it, but wow what a fun car :thumbsup:

adrianracer
11-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by rlde.us
hey since a few srt4 guys are reading this thread, can you please help me out here http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66628 about some winter tires :)

Get 205-55-16 Hankook Ice bears from mytires.ca. Only go with steelies if you want your beautiful car to look ugly for 6 months.
I got nice split 5 spokes from Concept 1 for $150.00 each, or check on beyonds buy/sell section you need 5X100 bolt pattern with 35-45 offset.

ACX
11-20-2004, 12:21 PM
I'll definitely keep y'all posted if I get rid of it (FMIC). I know a place you can score one now though.. :bigpimp:

ride.us congrats. We'll have to meet up. We have a few SRT 4 owners who get together every now and again. I'll have to maybe dust off mine and take you for a spin. :devil:

finboy
11-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by ACX
I'll definitely keep y'all posted if I get rid of it (FMIC). I know a place you can score one now though.. :bigpimp:

care to shoot me a pm? :thumbsup:

canadiandaytona
11-20-2004, 02:05 PM
ME 2

GoChris
11-20-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ACX

ride.us congrats. We'll have to meet up. We have a few SRT 4 owners who get together every now and again. I'll have to maybe dust off mine and take you for a spin. :devil:

sounds like a great idea man, keep me informed.

RODDER
11-21-2004, 10:56 PM
i just bought a 2005 srt-4 ive never been happier driving is fun a gain. not to much on the road can touch it and you own the hwy.
im 43yrs of age and feel like a kid again i really enjoy driving and this car performs like youve never seen. ive done the air intake with a k& n typhoon cold air intake and now you should hear the blow off valve on every shift dont hesitate to buy one there is a million upgrades for them youll be happy.:poosie:

GoChris
11-21-2004, 11:43 PM