PDA

View Full Version : Conan replacing Leno on Tonight Show

rage2
09-27-2004, 01:29 PM
... in 2009.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040927/ap_on_en_tv/tv_nbc_tonight

sputnik
09-27-2004, 01:31 PM
nice... then i will be able to watch conan and go to bed earlier!

QuasarCav
09-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Awesome, I like Conan better anyway.

Maybe Andy Richter will take over from Conan??

Cyruss12
09-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Conan is hilarious, but his comedy on his show is a different type of comedy that the tonight show is. i wonder how they will blend it together.

Xtrema
09-27-2004, 03:13 PM
He deserves it. But is Leno signed til 09?

rage2
09-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Yes, Leno's signed till 09. He doesn't plan on renewing after that because he wants to retire.

Leno's underpaid too... it's bizarre. He says he has more than enough money already, and NBC has treated him better than he can imagine. On his renewal, he walked into the office, told them to write down a number on a piece of paper, and he just signed on with that number. No agents, no negotiations.

He also doesn't spend any of the tonight show money. He only spends money from appearances, stand ups, etc. that he does on the side.

QuasarCav
09-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Cyruss12
Conan is hilarious, but his comedy on his show is a different type of comedy that the tonight show is. i wonder how they will blend it together.

That's what I was thinking. Conan is a little more off the wall and I bet he appeals to more 19-30 year olds than 30-50 year olds.

But a Leno length monologue done by Conan would be awesome.

Skyline_Addict
09-27-2004, 03:56 PM
ya conan kicks ass.
he is a much more vibrant, energetic, spontaneous and imo more funny individual than jay. jay's show is closer towards classy while conan's show is closer towards wacky. depends on what you like.
but conan can fill those shoes anyday.

CKY
09-27-2004, 04:07 PM
i love jay's intro talks about current events though, i don't think conan can do it as well as jay does them

buh_buh
09-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by CKY
i love jay's intro talks about current events though, i don't think conan can do it as well as jay does them its all writers, so its not really up to what they really want to say. If current events is what people want to hear about, thats what the writers will talk about.

saiyajin
09-27-2004, 06:06 PM
thats awesome...i find Leno funny as well but if i were to choose it would definately be Conan ...haha i wonder if Conan reallly drives taht Ford Tauras hahah cuz we all know Leno drives damn nice cars...his current ride is the Ford GT

7thgenvic
09-27-2004, 06:57 PM
go on windows media and click on triumph the dog!!! F*CKING funniest thing i've seen all day!

its reason like that, which makes conan better! plus he's a good actor

BigDannyCool
09-27-2004, 09:11 PM
leno is one of the writers of the tonight show. All the jokes go through him before the appear on the show.

On another thought. Craig Kilborn is giving up his job so he can persue acting. Crazy guy. his show is pretty popular but he'd rather act

CRXguy
09-28-2004, 12:57 AM
i dont find kilborn that funny..... :dunno:

sexualbanana
09-28-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy

Yeah neither do I.

Kaos
09-28-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
go on windows media and click on triumph the dog!!! F*CKING funniest thing i've seen all day!

its reason like that, which makes conan better! plus he's a good actor

Ahhh but all of Conans "Headlines" are fake and corny.
Jays are real.
Both are hilarious..........

saiyajin
09-28-2004, 01:48 AM
hahah ya i love Headlines on Leno its wicked...but i think Conans comedy bits are wayy better

just watched Leno tonite and he made the announcement on the it and it was also the 50th anniversary show but man 5yrs is still a long ass time aways

mo_virgin
09-28-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy

WHo cares if he is funny... he's pimp. So does this mean there will be 2 late late night show openings? I nominate Chappelle and Ali G

BigDannyCool
09-28-2004, 05:25 AM
kilborn is already done...he's been having guest hosts on the past week

Xtrema
09-28-2004, 07:35 AM
Kilborn wasn't funny on Daily Show or Late Late Show, but it could be the writer's fault. He does have potential to be the next Conan.

Conan is pretty loyal to NBC, so I guess he is rewarded.

Doesn't Jay get paid like $20M/year? So he's bank another $100M before he retires. Not bad at all.

But you gotta feel bad for the band tho. it's very likely Conan will keep his own band even if he have to move to LA. BTW, Kevin drives a 4 Runner when I visit the studio a few years back. Next to him Leno drove a Viper to work that same day.

QuasarCav
09-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Kilborn wasn't funny on Daily Show or Late Late Show, but it could be the writer's fault. He does have potential to be the next Conan.

Conan is pretty loyal to NBC, so I guess he is rewarded.

Doesn't Jay get paid like $20M/year? So he's bank another $100M before he retires. Not bad at all.

But you gotta feel bad for the band tho. it's very likely Conan will keep his own band even if he have to move to LA. BTW, Kevin drives a 4 Runner when I visit the studio a few years back. Next to him Leno drove a Viper to work that same day.

I hope Max comes with Conan, those guys have more than paid their due.

rage2
09-28-2004, 09:59 AM
Max Weinberg's band is way better than Kevin Eubank's IMO. Max Weinberg is the drummer for Springsteen... and he gets a lot of cool guest musicians to play occasionally.

roopi
09-28-2004, 10:01 AM
Letterman is greater than all. :D

BigDannyCool
09-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Letterman is so boring. The Top Ten is so repetitive, he changes the topic, but it's boring.
They all have different types of jokes, which makes their shows interesting.. but i'd have to say i like leno the best