PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: 2 nice cars wow

dragondrifter
09-27-2004, 07:34 PM
I have been in calgary for only like 2 weeks and already I see 2 nice cars!! :drool:

i used my phone camera sorry about the quality!! :devil:

this was by the fish creek library today in the sears parking lot. mr2 and eclipse.

http://www3.telus.net/dragondrifter/DSC_1362.PNG

http://www3.telus.net/dragondrifter/DSC_1366.PNG

JordanLotoski
09-27-2004, 07:38 PM
wow u dont get out much hey..check out some of the member rides man.

7thgenvic
09-27-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
wow u dont get out much hey..check out some of the member rides man.

aww leave the poor farm boy alone! i like the cars!

here ya go!!!

linky! (http://forums.beyond.ca/forumdisplay.php?forumid=48&daysprune=1000&s=)

BigBearWest
09-27-2004, 08:31 PM
That is my friends MR2. it is a stock NA car

T5Bird
09-27-2004, 08:58 PM
I saw a silver Accord 4 door, and a beige Windstar minivan today, wish I had my camera. :banghead:

BumpinTalon
09-27-2004, 09:05 PM
easyyy ... he's new in town, he probably is from like saskatchewan and manitoba where they don't even have MR-2s ... :)

infamous
09-27-2004, 09:06 PM
hehe i know the owner of that eclipse...he lives by me. all that he has done to that car is rims....it's not even a turbo. but it looks flawless!

civicluva
09-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by T5Bird
I saw a silver Accord 4 door, and a beige Windstar minivan today, wish I had my camera. :banghead:

dude you guys get all hyped up about a civic hatch an hour ago then you start bashing this guy who spots 2 rare cars :dunno:

marq-jt
09-27-2004, 09:47 PM
yeah the eclipes hes member name is pr0....lol good friends with him...haha crazy stuff...but neways im out...

marq-jt
09-27-2004, 09:47 PM
and thats also a automatic eclipse...lol

bspot
09-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by civicluva

dude you guys get all hyped up about a civic hatch an hour ago then you start bashing this guy who spots 2 rare cars :dunno:

LMAO:

Me: "Holy crap.. check out the Modena!"

Half the people on here: "OH MY GOD! There is a civic hatch behind it! And I think the front bumper is out of a junkyard in Japan!"

civicluva
09-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by bspot

LMAO:

Half the people on here: "OH MY GOD! There is a civic hatch behind it! And I think the front bumper is out of a junkyard in Japan!"

:rofl: i know! funny shit.

us "holy shit an enzo"

them "dude, check out the member rides." :rofl:

statick
09-28-2004, 05:37 PM
pretty nice cars, but nto too too rare on nethn, ecpesially the dsm.

MM99lude
09-28-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by BigBearWest
That is my friends MR2. it is a stock NA car

haha ya with a half red half black interior.

haha jk Jon

cavb0i
09-28-2004, 06:46 PM
take pics of real cars u turd. those r gay nd ugly. not even a body kit or n e thing. :barf: i wood tear those cars easy.

badseed
09-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by cavb0i
take pics of real cars u turd. those r gay nd ugly. not even a body kit or n e thing. :barf: i wood tear those cars easy.

Wow...........ur big time hey, Cavboi's a THUG!!:rofl:

T5Bird
09-28-2004, 09:15 PM

Rare?? :dunno:

statick
09-28-2004, 09:16 PM
:werd: , u dont wana fuk with him, his huge aluminum wing and ricer lights will own u.

and btw, both those cars would end up being faster than urs, even if u had z24 with ur exahaust.

boostless
09-28-2004, 09:25 PM

:rofl: :rofl:
ur car is a joke u raging homo, i bet sooooo many ppl laugh at u when ur riding around town, has ur car even come close to taking off? must be from that crayz wing u got there homie G, id take an sw20 or a dsm over a jbody anyday

on the scale for cars, theres rock bottom, 50 feet of shit, then ur car....
now go adjust ur spoiler and pollute our air w/ ur fartcan muffler....faggot

///M3
09-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by boostless

:rofl: :rofl:
ur car is a joke u raging homo, i bet sooooo many ppl laugh at u when ur riding around town, has ur car even come close to taking off? must be from that crayz wing u got there homie G, id take an sw20 or a dsm over a jbody anyday

on the scale for cars, theres rock bottom, 50 feet of shit, then ur car....
now go adjust ur spoiler and pollute our air w/ ur fartcan muffler....faggot

owned:rofl:

teamPRO
09-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by T5Bird

Rare?? :dunno:

Is a Civic hatch rare? :dunno:

rmk
09-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Yesterday was a great day for spotting. On my way to work, 4th St. was packed. Porsche Turbo's, G55, CL55, ML55 and a new silver Gallardo across the from the Tin Palace. And... no camera. LOL.

Take care

statick
09-29-2004, 12:05 PM
CL55=sweet car:drool:

talonboi
09-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
easyyy ... he's new in town, he probably is from like saskatchewan and manitoba where they don't even have MR-2s ... :)

actually manitoba?you'd be suprised :werd:

Redlyne_mr2
09-30-2004, 06:43 AM
You would tear those cars in your FWD econo car? You must be a master mechanic who has unleashed the powers of the Chevrolet Cavalier

teknical
09-30-2004, 10:16 AM
nice mr2, my buddies neighbors car. Needs some skirts tho :P

eclipseqt
09-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by marq-jt
and thats also a automatic eclipse...lol

So? :dunno: If pro were to turbocharge his eclipse he wouldn't loose any boost between shifts. I have an auto and its not any slower than a stick.

bspot
09-30-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by eclipseqt

So? :dunno: If pro were to turbocharge his eclipse he wouldn't loose any boost between shifts. I have an auto and its not any slower than a stick.

:bullshit:

4 spd Autos are always slower than a stick. It takes power to operate a transmission, which means its robbing your wheels. Also 5 gears means you are keeping yourself in the power band better than a 4spd tranny. Not to mention full control of your launch.

I love it when people try to convince themselves that buying an auto wasn't retarded when what they really wanted is a stick.

civicluva
09-30-2004, 12:34 PM

:bullshit:

4 spd Autos are always slower than a stick. It takes power to operate a transmission, which means its robbing your wheels. Also 5 gears means you are keeping yourself in the power band better than a 4spd tranny. Not to mention full control of your launch.

I love it when people try to convince themselves that buying an auto wasn't retarded when what they really wanted is a stick.

A torque converter would fix that problem. But she isn't lying, an auto doesn't loose any boost when its shifting. There are ups and downs to both transmissions. No need to bash the auto it is mainly personal preference.

bspot
09-30-2004, 01:25 PM

A torque converter would fix that problem. But she isn't lying, an auto doesn't loose any boost when its shifting. There are ups and downs to both transmissions. No need to bash the auto it is mainly personal preference.

Not bashing autos at all. There are times I wish I had an auto. But you can tell by the rediculous arguments some people with autos come out with that they actually wanted a manual.

QuasarCav
09-30-2004, 01:34 PM
My cavalier would be a nice example.

I've went up against my friend who has the exact same car except he's 5spd. I beat him off the line because my launch is more consistant and has less wheelspin.

Of the 7 times we went to 100Kph, I won all 7.

It's really up to the driver in the 5spd car, the auto wont make any mistakes and the computer makes every shift. The driver has to be pretty good to shift faster than the comp. as well as being accurate.

I would much rather drive a 5spd but people dont give autos enough credit.

I can think of a few cars where autos beat the 5spd varient. Most of them are turbo.

Aleks
09-30-2004, 01:44 PM
Well I drive a stick and i love it, won't have it any other way. But, auto are sometimes better when you reach the exremely low ET's in the 1/4. like sub 10s.

bspot
09-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
My cavalier would be a nice example.

I've went up against my friend who has the exact same car except he's 5spd. I beat him off the line because my launch is more consistant and has less wheelspin.

Of the 7 times we went to 100Kph, I won all 7.

It's really up to the driver in the 5spd car, the auto wont make any mistakes and the computer makes every shift. The driver has to be pretty good to shift faster than the comp. as well as being accurate.

I would much rather drive a 5spd but people dont give autos enough credit.

I can think of a few cars where autos beat the 5spd varient. Most of them are turbo.

GM's autos are actually very effecient and it doesn't supprise me that you took your friend. A skilled driver in a manual version of your car would be able to take you for sure. Not by much though...

civicluva
09-30-2004, 03:46 PM

GM's autos are actually very effecient and it doesn't supprise me that you took your friend. A skilled driver in a manual version of your car would be able to take you for sure. Not by much though...

You have interesting points but I doubt he is going to cry for loosing the half a second which the stick driver can hardly achieve.

bspot
09-30-2004, 03:51 PM

You have interesting points but I doubt he is going to cry for loosing the half a second which the stick driver can hardly achieve.

That sort of is my point. That its a big maybe on a stick beating an auto in that car, and even then the difference is very minor.

I didn't get a manual because I think i'm going to roast all the people with the same car but an automatic, I got it because I think its fun (except for going up hills in rush hour) and I like the control when taking curves/driving on ice/passing on the highway.

I'm not out to hack on autos... just saying that a manual gives you the potential to be faster.

Texas
09-30-2004, 05:45 PM

LMAO:

Half the people on here: "OH MY GOD! There is a civic hatch behind it! And I think the front bumper is out of a junkyard in Japan!" Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha! GOLD. thats so true :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

knees scrapin'
10-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by statick
CL55=sweet car:drool:

Yup guy in my building has one, cl 55 amg, pics soon.

statick
10-03-2004, 01:52 PM
sweet!, yea man , get pics, if u kno, try n get liek interior and sht.

GT2NV
10-03-2004, 06:56 PM

I love it when people try to convince themselves that buying an auto wasn't retarded when what they really wanted is a stick. :werd: